Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KVR1333D3N9/2G operating at 667hmz?

Looking good so far! Keep at it.

Well this is value ram, so it may not be the greatest, no worries though. Yes, Elpida and Samsung make some good chips, but they also make value chips as well. Since yours say Kingston they are likely rebranded, meaning Kingston just wiped off the original printing and put their own logo on it is all.

Comment

Success on 2nd try getting to 1600Mhz @ 999-24, 1.593v. Well, I set it to 1.575v but mobo opted for 1.593v. 1st try failed because I forgot the timing and voltage were at 777-20, 1.520v.

Here they are:

CPU-Z and Ram voltage.

Memtest

System temperature during (after 1 hour run) Memtest.

But I downgraded back to 1370mhz @ 777-20, 1.520v since the system can take most of my favorite games without a glitch with medium graphic settings. I feel that max settings are too much for this USD 600+ budget system for a long run. But yes, at least, this one can go 1600mhz if there's a need.

"If Andes is just a grain then take my words with it"

Comment

Looking good!

Maybe you could settle for somewhere in between like 1450-1550 using 888-20/24?

Comment

Hmm. I tested 2 setup:

1. 1430mhz 888-20, FSB 144 X 21
          2. 1500mhz 888-20, FSB 150 X 20

Looks like setting #2 is quite calm in term of temperature readings and voltage spikes. Though CPU voltage for boths never goes down under 1.000v. I am quite liking when it hits 0.8+v. Too bad though I don't know where to look for RAM temperature. What are those TMPIN0, TMPIN1 and TMPIN2 readings on that HWmonitor really?

Currently running setting #2. I guess I can settle down with this one. Thank you again.

Comment

Ram temps you would just need to feel by hand or get a thermal probe. Motherboards do not show this temp.

As for TMPIN0, ect. You would need to show me an image of both that program open and the latest Everest Ultimate and then I could tell you.

It is likely NB, PWM, CPU. What Temps does your BIOS show? Those would be what they are, but I need to see the image I mentioned to tell you which is which (Which Everest Ultimate will show you)

Comment

Comment

Ahh!

Well sorry, not sure then since you cannot install Everest. You should be able to use any of the beta ones, trial should work with them again. If not you may need to clean it from the registry.

That sensor you can't figure out may be a ghost sensor, or some false reading. You should only see temps for temps you see in the BIOS I think, but I have not used MSI Boards before. Do they have a forum?

Comment

Comment

Great to hear all is running well now!

Comment

It's 1550Mhz, 888-20 @ 1.593v now. FSB 155 X 19.

On the first try, although the computer did boot, CPU-Z shows lower clockspeed like 643mhz (under 1300mhz). Reboot and in BIOS I lowered QPI from 6800 to to something around 6600 I think. I recall changing something from Auto to 20 at the QPI tab. Set voltage to 1.593v but in MSI control center it shows 1.603v. Fair enough. Everything looks fine and I don't bother to MemTest, just let it run until it trip itself but so far the system runs smoothly.

Comment

Sounds good, as long as it is usable right :)

Comment

Well, after two games like alt+F4 itself suddenly, leaving me gawking at my desktop screen wondering what went wrong. No error message, temps were normal and anti virus came up innocent. The system hit a wall I think.

Revert back to 1500mhz, 888-20, mystery solved. I suspect the RAM timing or that lowered QPI ratio since there's no problem gaming at 1600mhz, 999-24 (with high temperature return).

Comment

Well it is only 1333Mhz memory, so anything above that is just a bonus really.

Comment

Yep, I could be paying more just to get this amount of extra juice.

Comment

Right!

Just so you know, in case you are looking at 1600Mhz kits, most of them can do 1800-2000 easy with loose than spec timings

Comment

Working...
                                X