KVR1333D3N9/2G operating at 667hmz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KVR1333D3N9/2G operating at 667hmz?

KVR1333D3N9/2G Well I bought this ram to couple it with i3 530 and MSI 7636 mobo. No problem on installation, the system boot smoothly, but Everest Ultimate says it runs at 665.3mhz. Stock timing is 9-9-9-24.

Can I upgrade the memory speed or this one is already at its peak, running at 1333mhz (667mhz X 2)?

Thank you.

"If Andes is just a grain then take my words with it"

Re: KVR1333D3N9/2G operating at 667hmz?

Please post a image of CPU-z Memory tab.

Sounds like you may be running at the correct speed, but just wanted to check to be sure. Yes 1333 would be spec of that memory, you may be able to overclock it a little bit though if you wanted, otherwise you would need different memory if you want to run 1600+

Comment

Here it is. I inserted the ram in slot closest to cpu but it reads at slot #2. What say you?

Comment

I need to see the memory tab, not the SPD tab

Comment

Owh. Silly me. Sorry for that.

Comment

No problems!

That shows you are running 1330Mhz, so that's the right speed for the memory you have

Comment

Ah thank you very much. Looks like I dont have to tinker with this one. They say Kingston are not that sturdy to oc.

Comment

Some of them will, some will not. Just depends.

Does this kit have a heat spreader? If so it might a bit, but if it is a budget kit with no heat spreader it may not.

You may be able to run 1600Mhz @ 1.65V 999-24, or keep them at 1333Mhz you are using and run 1.65V 777-20. It all just depends on the chips used in the kit, give it a shot you wont hurt anything.

Comment

Comment

That last setting is the faster freq for your memory, but if stock spec is 777-20 then you can use it and it should be fine.

Temps wont matter with timings or speeds, just voltages mainly will affect that. So if you can go higher speed with the same voltage then temps would be the same/fine.

Comment

Ah, yes maybe I can try putting it to 777-20. I suspect that the mobo will try to adjust the voltage but hopefully it will not when I up the speed. Stock spec is 999-24 tho. RAM manual says it can go CL-2. I will post CPU-z memory tab if the experiment is a success.

Comment

If you manually set the voltage, have EPP/XMP disabled, and Performance Enhance Standard, the voltage wont change from what you set.

Comment

Comment

Ya, 1.52 is fine, even 1.55 or so would be too.

Free benchmark and stress tools are hard to find free?? PLENTY Here, go grab whatever you like.

Comment

Toyed with frequency and this baby boot at 700mhz (1400mhz) @ 777-20, 1.52v. I forgot about going 1600mhz but I'll post the result if it's a success.

My current setting 683mhz @777-20, 1.52v returned 0 error after 1 hour of memtest, at least. So far no BSOD or crash except when playing Neverwinter Nights 2 (hardware related problem, grrr).

This ram got the word Kingston instead of Elpida or Samsung or Cynix printed on its chips. I was told the later three were some good chip maker.

Comment

Working...
                              X