Buying new RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying new RAM

Hey guys well I have decided to buy a new 1gig kit of dual channel ram since I am selling my current ram to my friend (MIKE) for $70 and i have $30 giving me enough to buy ram for $100. I am looking for extream ram, I mean like ram that could oc like crazy with low timeings. I wish i could get 2 gigs but i don't have enough to buy one. Also the ram has to be from newegg. Thanks Alot!

Re: Buying new RAM

I bought a Corsair XMS DDR 400 1 gig dual channel kit a few monthes ago. It has some pretty low timings and it works flawlessly. It made a huge difference from when I used some mismatched ram. I love it and would highly reccommend it.

You could try OCZ, but it would cost too much. You could also look on Anandtech for some good deals. I'm sure plenty of people are selling their old systems and going to DDR2.

Comment

I agree, I own the same. Right now I'm running 2/3/3/6. The thing I noticed is that the black heatspeader ones are alot better than the sliver when it comes to Corsair.

Comment

I run XMS3500 and it will run up to 230mhz at 2-2-2-5 timings. I have the silver spreaders.

Comment

Well if its ok with you guys could you post were you bought your ram. I was also thinking about kingston hyperX ram since kingston has been good to me. Also OCZ has some rebates on there ram making then right in my price range.

Comment

Patriot XBL-K ram is amazing for the price as well. I wouldn't get Kingston or Corsair, but that is just my opinion as it is good ram. I only buy OCZ as their customer service is the absolute best anywhere, period. Newegg if definitely your friend.
            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
            Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
            Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
            Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
            PC P&C 500W PSU
            2TB Seagate
            Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Why would you not get Kingston or Corsair? They are probably the 2 most popular enthusiast RAM manufacturers out there. I bought my RAM second hand, but as far as I know they still sell it on Newegg.com

Comment

Here is what I have: CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145450
                It's out of stock at $103.

Here is what others have suggested: Kingston HyperX 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820144114
                $93.99

Whichever brand you choose, go with Newegg. They are the absolute best at pricing and service.

Comment

Well i guess im getting the kingson ram ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820144114 ) which i was thinking about getting it has low timeing and can oc very well. It is also in my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by zaqwsx
                    Well i guess im getting the kingson ram ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820144114 ) which i was thinking about getting it has low timeing and can oc very well. It is also in my price range.
                    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148007 i have this stuff in 3rd pc,its amazing for $100 zaq cas 2-2-2-6 rok solid stuff.
                    Stacker830 Watercooled
                    windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
                    Heatkiller waterblock on intel 2500k @4.5Ghz @1.32volt
                    8 gigs Gskill Ripjaw ddr3 2133 @ 1.5 volts
                    Swiftech p655 pump,1\2 tygon
                    13x120 sunnons on lamptron fc3 controller,
                    (2)triple 120mm rads.single raptor 150(reliable)
                    biostar TP67XE(this mobo is amazing)
                    xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras 5.1/500 watt amp,
                    sen hd-595s headphones,logitech stick mic
                    co0lermaster-1250 watt real pro powersupply = 99ampz!
                    Evga Hydro Gtx 590 on 24"Sony FW-900 at 2304x1440 80 hz = 80 solid fps 16:10 black ops!
                    Hi quality CRTS are built for gaming!!!O.L.E.D is the future,not Liquid Crap Displays(lcds)!

Comment

Sorry Bf2nut I already ordered the ram I think if i crank up the voltege to 2.7 i can put timings at 2-2-2-5, I should be fine because I have ram right know that runs at 3-3-3-8 but got it to run at 2.5-3-3-8 stable its value ram and when I got it I didn't know much about timings.

Also thanks alot guys for your help!!!!!!!

PS: Bf2nut it was the stuff you showed me or kingston. Kingston has been good to me so I got there HyperX ram

Comment

HyperX is high quality RAM. IMO, you cannot go wrong with Corsair, Crucial, or Kingston.

Comment

Working...
                        X