I've paid my dues long enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahem:D
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Well that certianly beats .... ummm...... 14kbps wasn't it? :?:

Comment

I used to get so depressed when you guys posted those;)
        Now it's not exactly stellar performance, I realize. Lightyears beyond where I was a few short days ago, just the same.

Results have been quite consistent over 3 of the 4 past days. Didn't do any testing yesterday due to the hijinks being perpetrated on the net.
        Between 266 - 272 on upstream measurement and rock-solid on 54 upstream.

I do wonder about that upstream, I've gone a little higher during real-world use but it still seems about 1/2 of what it should be:?:

I've applied the Premature Packet Retransmit Patch;
        Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

But have seen no improvement in testing.
        Still need some real life application of the connection to get an accurate reading of course -- which will begin shortly.

Any suggestions?
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
          Well that certianly beats .... ummm...... 14kbps wasn't it? :?:

I don't recall, it may be around here somewhere.........I just kind of neglected to remember for some reason. :rolleyes2

Comment

It appeared to me the patch was doing nothing to benefit my upstream.
            Further usage of the connection revealed I was having sporadic losses in connectivity - the doggone thing just hesitated terribly and required several refreshes at times.

Now MicroSoft has no removal instruction for the patch, but being an offering from M$ and past experience I have had with those____I decided to apply the patch 1 more time.

Viola!!!!!!
            Upstream is where it should be for the first time.
            I am currently monitoring for pauses in the connection, but ATM have seen no ill effects.

Keep your fingers crossed:geek:

Comment

Gee ya won't know ya self at all now. :D

Comment

Working...
              X