No announcement yet.

Latest Virus outbreaks: Breaking news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Virus outbreaks: Breaking news!

Here's the revelant links for the lastest Virus outbreaks. :
    ____________________Beagle________________________ ________________________________________
    Symantec security research centers around the world provide unparalleled analysis of and protection from IT security threats that include malware, security risks, vulnerabilities, and spam.

Symantec security research centers around the world provide unparalleled analysis of and protection from IT security threats that include malware, security risks, vulnerabilities, and spam.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

-----------------------------netsky------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :evil:

Discovered on: April 01, 2004
    Last Updated on: April 02, 2004 01:44:33 PM

W32.Gaobot.UL is a variant of W32.Gaobot.gen. It attempts to spread through network shares that have weak passwords and allows attackers to access an infected computer through a predetermined IRC channel.

The worm uses multiple vulnerabilities to spread, including:

The DCOM RPC vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026) using TCP port 135.
    The RPC locator vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-001) using TCP port 445.
    The WebDav vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-007) using TCP port 80.
    The Workstation service buffer overrun vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-049) using TCP port 445.

W32.Gaobot.UL is packed with PE Diminisher.

Type: Worm

Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
    Systems Not Affected: DOS, Linux, Macintosh, Microsoft IIS, OS/2, UNIX, Windows 3.x

04-01-04 W32.Gaobot.UL
    04-01-04 W32.Gaobot.UJ

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++
    ================================================== ================================================== =============
    All information above is not my own,but that of www.Symantec.com Security Response and Frontpage Virus outbreaks.
    ================================================== ================================================== =============
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

Comment

Damn Orion/Orion-Prime/Ghostsurf/HashX you really are tryin' to look good here on the forums now that most of us aren't hanging around that often aren't you. Oops, did I just blow your secret about you being Orion, OP, and GS. My bad...

Comment

No secret Amdman...

now quit making urself look stupid and lets be friends :group: :cheers:

Comment

Perhaps our "man of many alias" has turned over a new leaf.

Seems to me a fine post, ie. pertinent information, linkage and even proper credit for his source of information.

Nice work #hashx# :)
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thanks Mr.c you deffinitely live up to your reputation and I appreciate your understanding of my new leaf as I've gotten nothing,but flak from... :idea:

Comment

Working...
            X