No announcement yet.

Who has a Server at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a RedHat 9 box as a file, print, ftp, and web server. I used to use a windows box as my server but i got sick of having to reboot it. Samba is faster than ms file sharing anyway.:p

Comment

Originally posted by NewTarball
      I used to use a windows box as my server but i got sick of having to reboot it.
      I don't reboot mine to often..

Comment

Lets see.
        wifi network, print server, almost all my machines have some file sharing on them.
        One with apps, another with games, a different one with mp3s.....
        Also my main system has ICS (untill I can get smoothwall to run right) so i guess thats a server too.
        none of them are as/400 machines or anything, but still serve files, so i guess they count.
        I think I like playing with routers more than with the servers. although as of today, I promised to get a good name scheme going. cuz after having to reinstall everything on my main rig, I found that half the time I didnt know what file is what! :rolleyes2 : omg:

Comment

wireless 802.11b for the cable modem (still goes straight into mine hehehehe, no bandwidth for dad when im.........erm downloadin all those..........erm...........lovely demos and.........other large files;) ) i think im the nominated server, as the ICS wizard sets mine as gateway

Comment

Working...
          X