0%
    Other - please explain
    0%
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

I'm running active directory with ISA server
    I've got wireless & cat 5 coverage over my house
    SAV corporate server is also running
    I've got VPN running to a mates house
    I'm also running a web server & media streaming server (proper web based - not just file shares)
    I'll probably install SUS next week (System update server)

Comment

MS network - no dedicated server
      Webserver - apache installed on my comp and a second test comp, none are run full time though. i spose the built in webpages on the router can sort of count as a webserver too :)

And: why are the results of the poll being shown to be part of this thread? does it have anything to do with all these database errors?
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

There's 7 computers in my house.

1. old compaq 386 running coyote linux - firewall/router/dhcp server
        2. old 486 dell notebook with a wireless NIC and a regular NIC [my homebrew wireless access point, RADIUS server, the way its setup you can't access my network via wireless without an account and a MAC address thats valid on my network].
        3. Windows 2003 server eval version [for 3 more months anyway]. I'm using it as a file store and also to mess around with terminal services and an Oracle database.
        4. Debian linux - my main server which has 100 gig of storage on it. also hosts a few internal websites which I play around with .
        5. AMD Athlon t-bird system with IDE removable trays which i use to swap operating systems [I run Win 98SE, XP, RedHAt 8, Icepack linux & debian on it].
        6. Intel P3 system with NT4, Win2K, Solaris 7/8 intel x86 and SCO Openserver on it via IDE trays.
        7. POS 200mhz Pentium MMX system which I use for DOS games and WinNT 4 [via ide tray as well].

all 7 of those machines are wired to a switch in the basement with lotsa cat 5 cable I have network jacks in several rooms [2 in the room with most of the computers, 1 in my bedroom, 1 in dining room, 2 in basement] and a patch panel in the basemant which connects to my switch.

then I got 2 laptops a POS Dell P3-500 and a nice Sager 2ghz P4 which i usually use outside or on the deck in the yard when the weather is nice..

Comment

no servers at all right now, but I did have a small LAN configured behind a router when I had more computers under the same roof.

I've given some consideration to running a web/email server, but I want some more hardware to run it on a seperate rig first.

Comment

Got a machine that acts part time Web / FTP server, and has also been set up as a VPN server.

Thinking in the future of testing out Netware 6 when we upgrade to it at work, so I can figure out how to use it properly.

Comment

I'm also running sql server

Comment

I just have an FTP server right now but as soon as I get the other pc together gonna run Linux server on old pc

Comment

Not my personal network but the network through which I connect to internet.
                  57 PC's on LAN running a dedicated server with Windows 2000.
                  Server runs a "Bandwidth and Subscriber Management Software" which needs all users to login to the server via a client software.
                  Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                  Last Updated:
                  10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                  ======================
                  jabber : [email protected]
                  =======================
                  Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                  yabaa dabaa doo...
                  Customized for 1024x768

Comment

well heck if you wanted work stuff to we run our server on Linux LAN with well over 400+ pcs I'd imagine just for this department. Everybody has their own login. Hospital wide shoot over 2000+ users.

Comment

Ummm...I'm still trying to network just 5 computers...:o
                      I'm a total newb to servers....but I'm willing to learn :D

Comment

Just wait till ya get to 16 PC's on ya network though I use my XP2200+ as the file/internet/print server.

Comment

yeah work servers are different
                          we have about 35, unix, nt4 win2k, win2003, novel, linux, sql, sybase, etc. with 900 computers on our main campus, another 50 spread over bendigo linked by wireless, and another 100 off site spread over 1/4 of victoria, some linked by ADSL & VPN's Others by dialup.

At times I've taken the plane to service some of our PC's

we also have another 10 hospitals linked into us via frame relay and we have a 2 meg pipe into the internet.

As you can imagine - a hospital network is very complex with every department wanting different databases (usually more than one). I did a search on our network and we had over 16,000 access databases

We have approx 3000 users.

We are installing 25 new (replacement) computers every month and the total amount of PC's is rising by 10% every year.

I rolled out w2ksp3 to our PC's last week and was quite happy that I only BSOD 20 computers, of which only 2 had to be reghosted.
                          :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Blueyes
                            well heck if you wanted work stuff to we run our server on Linux LAN with well over 400+ pcs I'd imagine just for this department. Everybody has their own login. Hospital wide shoot over 2000+ users.
                            that is the setup through which i get internet at HOME
                            our work network is a MAN that has more than 50 servers located at different hospitals in the city connecting more than 1000 PC's and no i don't have specs of those servers.
                            i m an absolute n00b to know all those details when it comes to networking
                            Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                            Last Updated:
                            10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                            ======================
                            jabber : [email protected]
                            =======================
                            Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                            yabaa dabaa doo...
                            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

i run a dedicated backup DNS/mail/web server for the company.

i use a mix of either debian or adamantix at home/work.

debian for workstations, adamantix for dedicated servers

Comment

Working...
                              X