cpu resets after pc games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpu resets after pc games

ok i have a problem with my computer... i built it myself and since the first day i had it running, it has been giving me problems. every time i play a pc game, i can play a pc game up to 30 mins max and after that the computer basically messes up. what happens is, i get no video and the computer seems to still be running since the power led is still on and what i usually do is just turn off my computer and turn it back on again and after i get to the start up screen i get this message:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini031603-02.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\MaXiMuM\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5.tmp.dir00\s ysdata.xml

can anybody tell me what that means?? cuz i dont know what it means. if anyone can help me it would be great cuz i've had this computer for a lil over a month and its giving me hell.

here are my computer specs if it helps since i think it has something to do with the video card duh lol:

windows xp pro
    p4 2.4bghz
    120gig western digital 7200 rpm
    soyo sy-p4x400 dragon lite board
    2x512mb pc2700 kingston non ecc ram
    radeon 9500 pro

if u can pls email your reply to [email protected] too cuz i hardly have time to come online to check the posts

Run the full system tests at Pcpitstop May tell you if theres a problem .But at the moment it looks like heating problems:cheers:

Comment

ok thnx i'll try that out... and tell me how can i fix heating problems?

Comment

ran the test.... did absolutly nothing

Comment

Have you tried looking at the .xml document in the second part of the error?
          Maybe that is a log of the error?

sounds like heat though. That CPU throttling works wonderfully well.

Did you use a thermal paste, or the material supplied by Intel?

What temperatures are you getting?

Seems like you need to get more cool air in, and more hot air out.
          ie. more fans/better placement/bigger

So this only happens in games?
          If so, it points to heat as they are quite CPU intensive.
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by NauticamaN
            ok i have a problem with my computer... i built it myself and since the first day i had it running, it has been giving me problems. every time i play a pc game, i can play a pc game up to 30 mins max and after that the computer basically messes up. what happens is, i get no video and the computer seems to still be running since the power led is still on and what i usually do is just turn off my computer and turn it back on again and after i get to the start up screen i get this message:

can anybody tell me what that means?? cuz i dont know what it means. if anyone can help me it would be great cuz i've had this computer for a lil over a month and its giving me hell.

here are my computer specs if it helps since i think it has something to do with the video card duh lol:

windows xp pro
            p4 2.4bghz
            radeon 9500 pro

if u can pls email your reply to [email protected] too cuz i hardly have time to come online to check the posts

This might not be your problem, but I was getting resets, games crashing back to Windows XP desktop, and some lockups but it only happened while playing video games . After calling my MOBO manufaturer (Gigabyte), I found out that I had unstable generic RAM(K-Byte). I did'nt know that RAM brands made a difference until now. Just using one stick of RAM versus two and moving it to the slot closet to the processor solved the problem but the trouble shoot test they put me though still suggest its unstable even though my games don't crash anymore. When I get around to it I'm exchanging my current RAM for some more stable stuff but I might add my other stick of RAM just to test it before I do.

Comment

windows xp pro
              p4 2.4bghz
              radeon 9500 pro

yep it only happens during pc gaming other than that my computer is perfectly fine... also sometimes the game just crashes and brings me to the windows desktop screen..... and i just use the stuff that intel got me i didnt use any paste.... how do i check .xml files?

the temperatures im getting is like 78 f in my chasis and 109 for my cpu

Comment

sure sounds like the ram is overheating and becoming unstable. ram is the luck of the draw.

you could cool the ram which would suffice or...

rma it for the equivelant ram. maybe the next stick will perform better.

you could try testing it the ram before you go through any hassle..

1) get a boot floppy disk with memtest86 on it and set the autoexec.bat to autorun memtest86. run your game til it crashes. when you reboot comp, memtest86 will perform bit checking when the ram is hot.

2) physically check around the ram stick for mice barbequing burgers

i dont think that really pricy ram is worth it unless you are going for benchmark records.

Comment

so basicly its the ram over heating right??? if iget a heat spreader would that fix the prob or is it that i have 2 defective ram sticks??? cuz i have tried using one of each and that problem still occurs...... so no prob with the vid card or the cpu right? since i get 78f in my chasis and 109f for my cpu

Comment

Originally posted by NauticamaN
                    so basicly its the ram over heating right??? if iget a heat spreader would that fix the prob or is it that i have 2 defective ram sticks??? cuz i have tried using one of each and that problem still occurs...... so no prob with the vid card or the cpu right? since i get 78f in my chasis and 109f for my cpu
                    Your CPU temp is fine although my P4 2.4 ghz runs slightly cooler than yours, 109 degrees is perfectly fine if your CMOS is giving a correct reading. What do programs like Sandra say?

Your problem sounds SOOOO similar to mine. Do you have any other RAM sticks to test in your P.C. just to make sure defective or unstable RAM isn't the cuase? If you havent already, definitly move one single stick to the RAM slot closest to the CPU. I haven't had any problems since I did that as suggested by my MOBO manufacturer, but ofcourse that might not work the same as it did for me.
                    I'm not exactly sure why your RAM would overheat but if you think thats really your problem you might want to try opening up the side of your P.C. case and place a room fan on high next to it while you test your games before you invest into a bunch of cooling options like I did, thinking that maybe my CPU or video card was overheating as suggested on other fourms I visited, that way you should be able to eliminate that toubleshoot.

Comment

Did you test the ram while it is hot?
                      "replace parts" diagnosing is expensive.

Comment

what type of case do you have? How big and how many/what type fans do you have? Are you sure they are turning on when the comp powers up?

Comment

I have the same problem and its not unstable ram or colling problems. ive changed ram and double checked cooling. ialso ran a 24 hour burn test using sandra. if you have found out anything ealse please let me know also

Comment

i just disabled the onboard sound and added a generic modem / riptide sound adaptor and now its working great .:hammer: the first time i put in a sound card it was a AOpen 6 chanel pci cobra sound card and the problem got worst. i think it was because it had the same chip set and drivers as the mobo. anyway try what i did you can get sound cards dirt cheap at newegg :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                            X