AHH! CD-R Helo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHH! CD-R Helo

For some reason my drives don't want to read blank CD-R discs!! This means I can't burn cds and I have to burn these cds of some music I did. Can anyone help me with my problem, I really need to fix this. It just happened yesterday but I have no idea why. I was trying to burn a cd and it kept telling me to put in a writable media and i put in 3 different discs and it said same thing. It reads music cds fine but for some reason not blank cds. Please help me!!:(

Is this from a new pack of cdrs? I bought a box of Sony cdrs acouple of years ago, and all of them were bad. I friend bought a pack of Verbatiums that were bad last year (turned out an entire lot of them were bad and they sent him replacements).Sometimes even big name brands send out bad ones. Other than that, I've never had a problem like yours, and I have owned many burners. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the burner software?

Comment

I think that bigjack might have tagged it with that last comment. I had something similar when I upgraded my burner to the TDK unit I have now. I never bothered to tell my burning software that I had changed optical devices and it promptly hacked up a furrball. Once I dumped Nero and reloaded it again, it started working great.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

No the cds are new and they are Memorex which is a pretty good brand. I have burned on them before and I have no idea why its doing this now. I used 3 different programs and none of them read a cd-r in the drive. I went to my computer and checked the cd-r drive and if a disc is in there it will usually say BLANK under file system and show the amount of space on it.

Comment

This is a bit of a long shot, but have you tried simply using a CD cleaner. Music CDs (factory) have a coating on them that that CD-Rs don't. That coating improves the signal return to the laser, but the lack of the coating makes the CD writeable. Dust on the laser lens will also reduce signal return (and output). I have had that problem before where my regular music CDs would play in my CD player, but not the CD that I made. It turned out that a few shots from a can of air fixed it. Try using a lens cleaner on the drive and a CD cleaner on the disk. Hope that helps.
          Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Working...
          X