Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD

Hello, i've put the finishing touches on a HTPC... with Vista 64. I'm getting a BSOD... after about 5 minutes every time. Doesn't matter what program i'm running, or if it's just doing nothing. I've run Memtest overnight, nothing there. Updated the BIOS and every single driver. Done the reinstall numerous times, put video cards in different slots, swapped the RAM, formatted hard drives, check for viruses, and sacrificed a chicken to the computer gods. I'm running the BIOS at fail safe settings, with no anti-virus software installed or firewall. I've downloaded and installed all important Vista upgrades. Not connected to the internet right now.

These are the two most recurring error messages:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I've included the latest minidump files at this url...

The page you were looking for could not be found. You may have typed the address incorrectly or you may have used an outdated link.

CPU-Z Validator 3.0

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

CPU: Intel Core Duo E8400 3.0 GHz
    MB: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
    GPU: Sapphire 100249L Radeon HD 3850 1 GB 256-bit GDDR2 PCI-e 2.0
    TV Turner Card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800
    RAM: Corsair 4GB (2X2GB) 240-Pin DDR SDRAM 800 (PC2 6400)
    Hard Drives: (2) WD Caviar Green 1 TB SATA Model: WD10EADS
    Optical Drive: LG 6X Blu-Ray DVD-ROM SATA(GGC-H2OL)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic OB-S12 550W ATX12v / EPS12v SLI
    Case: Siverstone LC14B-MC ATX HTPC

Mick Meyers

Re: Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD

The IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is most often associated with memory or hard drive issues, more likely memory. Since you have already ruled out memory I would suggest trying another hard drive, if you have not done so already. If there are still issues I would be tempted to try 32bit vista and see if it works there. Other than that I would try removing any unnecessary hardware, like tv tuners, modems, extra sound cards, just to see if that is the issue. You should probably remove those devices before formatting....

Are you running the hard drives in some sort of raid? or is it just 2 hard drives?

Comment

I know you have done install a few times, but did you install SP1 for Vista? SP1 has solved many many problems and is a must before doing anything else. SP1 could take several hours to complete. You can also download the stand alone installer that will cut the install time by 1/2.
      Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme (bios revision beta F6B) / I7 920 @ 3.8GHz 1.3V (190 x 20)
      Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 3X2GB 8-8-8-24 @ 1.64v (running at 1520MHz with 8 multi)
      EVGA GTX 285 x 2 SLI
      Samsung Syncmaster 275T LCD
      Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W Modular PSU
      ASUS Xonar DX2 w/Onkyo TX-SR706 / Kef 7.1
      Sennheiser HD595
      2 x 300GB Velocoraptors in RAID 0
      Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler
      Coolermaster H.A.F.932 / Vista 64 Ultimate SP1

Comment

Um, are you running a legit version of your OS?

Comment

Working...
        X