• System with BSOD, now Won't Post

About 2 months ago I put together my new system:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6750
    Scythe Ninja Heat Pipe Tower w/120mm Fan
    Asus P5N32-E SLI
    EVGA 8800 GTS 320 MB
    2x1gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800
    Hyper Typer-R 580w SLI PSU

About 2 weeks ago I started getting random reboots, which appeared to be BSOD's. After the system crash, the BIOS would not post, and would require several power cycle's b4 it would boot. It would seemingly be running ok for a few hours, but eventually when I would leave the room and come back I would find a BSOD. The BSOD error was always IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS_THAN with a STOP 0X000000000A or something to that effect. So I decided that since it was windows that was producing that error, that I would try a clean install of XP to see if perhaps it was a driver issue. So after reinstalling XP everything seemed to be ok. I let the PC stay on until last night when it was shut down. This morning I go to start the PC up, it boots ok, and when I open up a firefox window the system basically behaved as if it crashed (without screen output) and the box itself sounded like it was trying to restart. But it never posted, I tried to cycle the power on it several times to no avail.

I can hear the fans running and the drives spinning, so I'm guessing it's not a PSU issue. While monitoring this issue over the past few weeks I noted that my CPU was running at about 32C on idle and maybe 35C when on load. I was not overclocking any of my components, because to be honest it was more than fast enough to run anything I was throwing at it. I want to believe it is the motherboard, but I'm just not 100%. If it were memory, wouldn't it still post? I'd appreciate any input you guys might have regarding my situation

Re: System with BSOD, now Won't Post

I've had that problem a few times on vista mate, and I still do from time to time but it's very infrequent. Usually is a driver, I know this sounds obvious but check the IRQs for conflicts. As for the not posting, aside from resetting the CMOS, try taking the CPU out of it's socket and replacing it. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but it has worked on several occasions for me.

Good luck :-)

Comment

Re: System with BSOD, now Won't Post

Your right, it didn't make a lot of sense but for some strange reason it has solved the BSOD's. In fact I didn't want to make any kind of reply for at least a week to not jinx myself, but reseating the cpu did seem to help. The only thing that i've ran into tho in the past couple of days was the system would take like 8 power cycles b4 it would boot. But after that if i had to restart or shut down and start up there would be no problems. But the system itself stayed pretty stable. Now if i can just solve this initial startup problem.

Comment

Working...
      X