Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pentium D and Asus P5N32-Sli Deluxe powering off

Originally posted by Munkul
    could the primary and secondary slots have been mixed up?
    You mean me mixing them up? Nope, they are color coded and I would have to totally disregard the manual to mess that up. If you mean the bios somehow swapping them, which I doubt is physically possible, I'll never know. Got a new one in exchange and its all good now.
    Last edited by photonic; 02-23-2006, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I have the same problem guys. Here are my specs:

ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe mobo
      Pentium D 830
      Antec TPII-550 PSU
      Corsair PC2 5400 1 gb memory
      2 WDC WD3200KS hard drives (Raid 0)
      2 eVGA 7800gt's (identical)

My computer powers down having SLI enabled while gaming. It also shuts down anytime I try to do a benchmark program like 3dmark or Aquamark. After a power down, I usually have to boot into safe mode and disable the 2nd video card. I disable SLI and everything is fine. The computer runs great without SLI :(

Is there a concrete solution for this? Or do I need to RMA my motherboard?

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

I put in an RMA request to ASUS...sending this pos back to them!

Comment

Oh No!!!!

Just bought an ASUSP5N32 SLI De Luxe 2nd hand at a good price and now I find this problem. It seems the seller was having the same problem. Said that when he checked the CPU voltage was 1 volt less than that actually set.

This sound to me like a PSU problem..maybe coupled with a heat problem. Has ANYBODY out there got this thing working properly yet.

I have to buy a new power supply anyway so I might as well buy something that looks like it can cope with the needs of the board. Any suggestions? I'd better make sure I get the heat issue covered at the same time.

As I did not really buy it for the SLI feature maybe I'll be lucky and by the time I decide to use SLI some genius will have solved the problems...

Come on ASUS!!!

Comment

Has anyone been able to figure this issue out yet? I currently own a Pentium D 930 (3.0 ghz) 65nm chip and i wanted to buy this board. I was looking to buy the Antec TP-II 550 550W EPS12V/ATX12V PSU which is sli ready and has the 8pin adaptor but i saw somoene on here still has the problem with that. So how do i get this thing working 100% on the 930 series chip? Even though its not what i want should i just go for the asus p5wd2 board?

Comment

Well, I actually had Fry's completely rebuild mine with all new parts and everything is fine. They were seeing alot of these boards mess up, but not so much lately. My guess is that it was a bad run of boards that got delivered out. I haven't had any problems what so ever lately.

And now this board allows for the new Core-2 Duos... so I might have to try one of those!

Comment

Comment

If by "noticed that the power supply didn’t need to be told to “turn on” . Are you saying that all you had to do was use the rocker switch on the back of the power supply instead of using the "on button" on the case? In that case I would say that your system wasn't assembled properly to start with. That would tell me that when you built the thing you probably did not wire the power switch properly to the pinouts on the motherboard .... either that or the case switch has a problem. Maybe a short? What else may not be hooked up properly? It may be worth trying a different case or passing the system to a professional to test. Just a few ideas that may help..... . Good luck.
                  Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                  X