Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Hard drive failure

Hi guys,

Long time since I've been here, have to change that. I installed some new memory in my AMD machine, some Geil PC3200 just to give it alittle extra boost.
    Anyway the PC booted fine and I notice that the FSB was 133 so I thought I would nudge that up nearer 200. I got to 160 saved the bios then reloaded. The PC posts fine then goes to the screen where it verifies the DMI poole. Direct Memory Interface??

Anyway after it does that, the PC reloads. I've shorted the CMOS jumper. Gone into the BIOS and reset the default values to something nice and easy. FSB100 multiplier 12 tried it again samething.

I've let the PC load to the DMI whilist hitting F8. It'll let me into the OS boot selection. If I try getting the pc to load into safe mode or last known good configuration, the pc will reload again.

I then thought it was the new memory, so I tried some old memory that I know works. Same thing. Is this a problem with the hard drive or motherboard. If its then thats the 3rd MSI motherboard I've blown

Re: Possible Hard drive failure

Firstly have you been to the hard drive manufacturer's website and downloaded their diagnostic software to check the drive?

Secondly have you tried raising the memory voltage to 2.7-2.8v to see if that gets rid of the problem?

Also did you ground any static electricity out of your body before touch your hardware?

Comment

Re: Possible Hard drive failure

Yeh I always wear a strap. I had tried all those things prior to posting. However it turns out that it was more than likely a bad boot file or something. I wiped the hard drive using my handy dos disks and its all back up and working.

Comment

Working...
      X