X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im now sad

ok my specs

P4 3.0ghz no OC
    msi neo board (i will post again wen i have the manual)
    Fx 5200 128mb by MSI only OC the memory and 2d Clock (Cant do 3d clock)
    256MB ram pc3200

my bros

AMD athlon 2500+ no OC
    pc chips (agen i will post the mobos wen i have the manuals)
    FX5200 128MB by WINTECH oc the memory, 2d clock and 3d clock
    384MB, 1 of em 128MB pc2100, and 256MB pc1600

my bro beat me on aquamarks by about 30 marks TELL ME HOW HE DID IT!
    Last edited by amd_man2005; 07-10-2004, 09:04 PM.

I dotn think this should be in overclocking. Somoen should move it. Also does ur brother tweak the OS and stuff? That would help alot in scores regardless of hardware, unless the hardware was way way better, but thats not the case here, both systems are around the same.
    Last edited by KoolDrew; 06-29-2004, 08:26 AM.

Comment

sorry about this being in the wrong fing...
      btw i set up my bros rig! lol some how he beat me .
      my brain hurts! lol

Comment

Unless you not being able to OC your cards 3D has a huge impact, which I doubt, you've definately got a problem. You should check your running processes right before the benchmark in the task managar (By hitting ctrl+alt+del and clicking the Processes tab)

No probs, thread moved

Comment

running processes

iv looked whats processing but im not sure wot to cancel....
          whats the worst thing that could happen....does it restart with all the running proccesses back?
          if the pc restarts with all the processses back on then if i tell u lot about wot processes i am runnin u can tell me which process i could cancel?

i am currently at work, so as soon as i get back home i will see what processses are running
          cheers, lou

Comment

You should just read the XP tweaking guide "Reformat to Relax" linked to at www.tweakguides.com

However, for a fast fix before going into some time-consuming tweaking, post a screenshot of the Processes tab in task manager.
            *To post a screenshot, press Alt + Print Scrn/SysRq. Open up Paint from Start > Programs > Accessories and past your screenshot by pressing Ctrl + V. Save it as a .jpg and upload it as an attachment to a post.

Also post a screenshot of the Startup tab in msconfig (Start > run > msconfig).

Don't worry about closing processes. The worst that can happen is you end Remote Procedure Call's svchost, which will just cause a restart.
            Last edited by Yawgm0th; 06-30-2004, 06:13 AM.

Comment

well i print screen as soon as i get home cos i am at work

Comment

Originally posted by louinike
                well i print screen as soon as i get home cos i am at work
                Would you mind talking in normal English instead of AOL Script-kiddie language? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X