Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when i try to restore my xp i get an error!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #Hashx#
    Thats what my previous post said...dident it?.. :roll:
    i would say read again :roll:
    spideropt: looks like there is some problem with Maxtor site. you will have to wait untill the site comes back up.
    what you will download is known as "Powermax". it will be an executable and it will help you make a "Bootable" floppy.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

cool man i guess we are getting close to fixing my pc. I hopr its ready before april 2

Comment

Re: when i try to restore my xp i get an error!!

Wilde,
        Saw you had a problem early this year that sounds almost identical to mine (getting a "Disk access:Sense operation failed" error during system recovery). I have a Seagate harddrive (yours was different I think). But was the process you followed to :
        1) download harddrive diagnostics from the manufactuers site
        2) put the diagnostics on a floppy disk
        3) boot up w/ the floppy

Does this sound about right? And did you get the PC back up and running?
        Were there any tricks to creating a bootable floppy - or is it as simple as copying the diagnostics download to a floppy and booting with it?

Thanks.

Comment

disk access: sense operation failed

I had this same error message with a Sony VAIO desktop machine. I was able to install XP with a regular OEM disk and I used a program to test the hard drive and it was fine. Then I used a free bootup floppy from http://www.killdisk.com/ to completely wipe the drive. After I did this, the Sony restore disks worked again. =)

Comment

I had the same problem, Disc access: Sense operation failed. I decided to take dork's advice. I'm using the tool from http://www.killdisk.com right now, and I was wondering if it's supposed to take very long. The process is at 50%, and it has been over an hour since I started.

Comment

Working...
            X