Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when i try to restore my xp i get an error!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when i try to restore my xp i get an error!!

ok when i try to restore my xp and when its at 15 sec of restoring an error apears its "Disk Acces:sense operation failed" why please someone help me i want my xp ready for AA:SF new patch ..... and now i cant start up xp it says no system on load why why

your HD seems to be dieing on you. go to your manufacturer's website and look for a diagnostic software.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

what i cant even log in on my pc im using my MAc what cd do i use to wippe the hard drive and restore it

Comment

You would need to boot off your Winxp Cd and reformat to delete all the data off your harddrive.

But you should be able to download that diagnostic utitlity straight to Floppy disk and pop that in, turn on the machine and run the Diagnostic to find out if there is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by spideropt
          what i cant even log in on my pc im using my MAc what cd do i use to wippe the hard drive and restore it
          you can use the PC you are posting from. just download the utility from your HD manufacturer's website and make a bootable floppy with it. that will allow you to check your HD for problems.
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

so i just d/l and put in to a regular floppy and how do i make i bootble how how

Comment

I often do things the hard way so this may not apply.
              I would check my ide cable to see if it is secure and undamaged first. Have you done any work on your computer, like swap out hardware? Could you have inverted the ide cable? If you are shaking your head no after reading this then the first line of this message applies.

Comment

god damm it i went to the manufacture website and it's a Vaio annd they say that theres no diagnostic for it and i have to do a system recovery. pleae help me im really confused????

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
                  you can use the PC you are posting from. just download the utility from your HD manufacturer's website and make a bootable floppy with it. that will allow you to check your HD for problems.

Thats what my previous post said...dident it?.. :roll:

Comment

Comment

What he is telling you, is to open your case. take a look at your hard drive. Is it a Western Digital, Maxtor, IBm, or what. Go their web sit and download the utility. Sony did not make it, They probably didn't manufacter one piece of that computer. They had others make it Stamped their name on it. So find out what hard drive you have.

Comment

thanks for a better clear info ill do that and get back to my post asap sp lates Is my specs or not what should i do ??/ danm i went to Maxtor.com and i got this error

ERROR
                        Too much recursion
                        www.maxtor.com => http://www.maxtor.com

Comment

Tell me exactly what model Maxtor Hd you have and I'll email you the Utitlity 8)

Comment

ok wait up ok its a Maxtor modle 4d080h4 and tell me how to make a bootle floppy or disc email is [email protected] i think there another one in the bottom it say Maxtor d540x-4d 5400 rpm 80 gb ultra ATA/100 ad

Comment

Originally posted by #Hashx#
                              Originally posted by asklepios

Thats what my previous post said...dident it?.. :roll:
                              Just for Confussions sake That had nothing to do with you Spider.

I understand that your on a diffrent comp right now. Just to clarify viaos website tells you that you need to Restore you computer with Their disk?

Can you look through you currently collection of stuff that came with your compter and see if there is a Restore disk...

Comment

Working...
                              X