No announcement yet.

burning movies to cd rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Mr. C but this one's a grey area job as laws vary here from country to country (even state to state in some cases). Here it's prefectly legal to *cough* backup certain things ya own such as videos and PS games for examples so long as ya own a legal copy of it. The same goes for "Mod chips". ;)

If ya don't then we :devil win

But it is a frustratin' legal nightmare though tryin' to keep up with it all. :cry:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

thanks wiggo, thats what i thought too.

Comment

Just be sure of the laws as they regard to your lacation before doin' such things and if ya do be sure that ya can pull the legal copy out in a hurry. ;)

Comment

Well if I'm not stepping on any toes by passing on this info you might want to check out a trial version of a program called Alcohol 120% at http://www.alcohol-software.com/ . Not sure how you would copy a downloaded program but it does give you the ability to backup almost any game disk reguardless of the "protection" program. From the encryption options it looks like it is possible to copy PS and PS2 disks as easily as PC games. It works by creating an image on your hard drive from the original disk then copying it to disk. You can also create a "virtual drive" on your computer and run PC games directly from there without using a nocd crack. Amazing program that leaves CloneCD in the dust!
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I'll look into that one a bit later but CloneCD does my stuff that Nero can't handle and it only takes < 5mins on the fly from the LiteOn DVD straight to the burner. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieDawg
              Well if I'm not stepping on any toes by passing on this info you might want to check out a trial version of a program called Alcohol 120% at http://www.alcohol-software.com/ . Not sure how you would copy a downloaded program but it does give you the ability to backup almost any game disk reguardless of the "protection" program. From the encryption options it looks like it is possible to copy PS and PS2 disks as easily as PC games. It works by creating an image on your hard drive from the original disk then copying it to disk. You can also create a "virtual drive" on your computer and run PC games directly from there without using a nocd crack. Amazing program that leaves CloneCD in the dust!
              This is a great little program. I used to be a big CloneCD fan, and I used Fantom CD (virtual CD prog) a lot.. but this combines the best of both worlds, and does it so much better. It seriously leaves Clone for dust.

Comment

Just reread my last post ... kinda sounds like an advertisement. I just got the program this week and tested it for the first time tonight on a couple of programs. I may have been too enthusiastic but it did impress me. Was taking me about 40 minutes or so to copy 650 MB of safedisk2 protected data but I was doing a full preburn test and writting at 4x to my burner. It does give the option to write on the fly but I've made too many coasters in the past that way with other programs so I figured I'd play it safe tonight.

By the way Wiggo, I just see that you too have a LiteOn DVD ... just installed mine last week to replace another Compaq POS part.
                Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Yeah with a LiteOn CDRW and DVD on the same channel I'm findin' that stuff I couldn't burn this way on the fly before is a breeze with this combo and I'll give that proggy a go when things settle down a bit. ;)

Comment

i use a memorex 52X burner and a Pacific Dig. DVD, i know someone else with a liteon and my burner leaves it in the dust, i can copy from dvd to it in under 5 minutes with nero

Comment

Working...
                    X