Thumbs up for PowerDVD 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbs up for PowerDVD 4

I'm very impressed with the new version of PowerDVD - It includes support for some wicked audio! :)

Agreed. I.. picked up a copy of it, turned out to be VERY nice with the extra DTS extensions, etc.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
      Agreed. I.. picked up a copy of it, turned out to be VERY nice with the extra DTS extensions, etc.
      How much did that set you back?

Comment

are you saying that you didn't buy it tweak?
        TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
          are you saying that you didn't buy it tweak?
          Heh. On a 30-day trial right now. *Looks around for feds* :D

Comment

i'm sure the fed's would like andys pc and cd collection :)
            TT Original

Comment

Just say their backups. And I was telling someone this last night - They ALWAYS go for the big companies first who they can get real money from, now indivduals.

Comment

SHHHH!!! ;)
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak

How much did that set you back?
                  Oh not much at all.. Found an irresistable deal ;) OEM PowerDVD3 came with my DVD drive, so I'm good if 4.0 goes south.

4.0 XP retails for $75 US. :?:
                  Chris "Raven"
                  News Crew - TweakTown
                  <!--
                  <font size=1>
                  - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                  - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                  </font>
                  // -->
                  "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

Comment

I would praise it if it only works in win98, but it doesn't for me.

Comment

Every version I've ever cough, found works just fine on Win98....(SE at least) I'm glad this kind of talk is endorsed here, Cheers, Tweak...
                      :cheers:

No Piracy enforcer has time to go after the individual.
                      *Companies are easier to find, and check.
                      *Most of the Pirates here are young kinds who couldn't afford the software anyways.
                      *Not to mention that if a software company endorsed it, those kids would someday become adults that are very hesitant to buy from the company that slapped their wrist.

And here's the biggest reason, IF Andy learns to use Excel, he is no going to want to try any other software, and so when he gets to a job where he can easily afford it, he will buy what he knows. And as far as MS is concerned, piracy has turned them a profit, because remember, Andy sure as hell woulnd't have had the money to dish out in the first place...

Comment

Still doesn't stop them from *****ing about it constantly.

I can see where they're coming from. It's one huge vicious circle. Company makes software - retails it for one hell of a chunk of change. End User sees price and compares it to the size of bank account. End User looks for more.. affordable ways to find the software. Company looses profit, and jacks up an already high price (say 600 bucks for Photoshop). Legitimate End User is now totally screwed unless there's a good source of income, which most of us don't have to burn.

I'd rather buy hardware.

Hey, at least I got my Norton Internet Security 2002 for 18 bucks OEM/DSP :D

-edit
                        On an afterthought: some of the programs I've acquired, I AM more inclined to buy the next version of. Read above. Wasn't at Retail but I still bought it :)
                        Chris "Raven"
                        News Crew - TweakTown
                        <!--
                        <font size=1>
                        </font>
                        // -->

Comment

I especially support games developers - they work their arse off to make a product then people pirate it. Games are a luxury item, you don't need them to complete your studies like a copy of Microsoft Office or Windows. So if you can't afford games - please don't pirate them - do without :)

Microsoft's pricing strategy on the other hand..... well don't get me started on that
                          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

That is a good point, I buy any game I play (or expect to play) a significant amount.

Comment

Actually.. I prefer not to pirate games. You're right, the amount of work put into software is a huge amount. I think its better to actually have your own copy of a game, if not for reliability issues.

Hell, some games I have two or three copies of LOL.
                              Chris "Raven"
                              News Crew - TweakTown
                              <!--
                              <font size=1>
                              </font>
                              // -->

Comment

Working...
                              X