Cheese Video Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese Video Box

Anyone heard of this product? How does it perform in term of image quality?

OK
    That's an odd looking contraption.
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Do you have that product?

Comment

Well .... it does look ........ cheesy :?:

Comment

Hahaha, they had that on the Screensavers on TechTV about a year ago, they said it works 'ok' but it can sacrifices some of the quality of your computer IF you use high resolution.

Also, do not mistake that for a Capture card, which lets you record video into video files on your computer. A good capture card will do that, AND let you watch tv in the corner of your monitor. The Cheese box doesn't allow either of those.

I just had a thought though... If I was really cramped for space and didn't have a TV, my monitor has Dual inputs, so I could set the cheese box up to display on the secondary input, as to not sacrifice any quality when i am using the computer. And I would only do that if I really wanted to watch a VCR tape or some console game, on my monitor.

Comment

What Capture card has the function of conecting Playstation 2 and VCR to computer monitor? Do you have links for the Cheese Video Box review and the capture card that has the above function?

Comment

All capture cards can do all of those things, as long as you run them through a VCR for the purpose of switching the signal from RCA cables to Coaxial.

The only advantage of the Cheese box in that scenario is that the computer can be Off, and just the monitor On. The capture card method you must have the computer on.

Comment

Compare Cheese Video Box's output quality to an average $300 19-in TV, how does it perform? Will the pictures look blurry and what about the refresh rate? Will it be able to output 85 Hertz?

If the output quality is bad, I would rather spend $200 for a new small-sized TV.

Comment

Who was the marketing genius who named it the cheese box?

Comment

Well, supra, I've never actually used one, so I can't answer that. But you can go look at some reviews of the item. Go to www.google.com and search for: cheese box review

Comment

Working...
                    X