Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do wide screen LCDs handle non-wide screen content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do wide screen LCDs handle non-wide screen content?

I tried Samsung SyncMaster 931BW Monitor running a demo of Just Cause in a local shop. It looked excellent! There was no ghosting and the color seemed very vivid, but it got me thinking: how do wide screen LCD monitors handle non-wide screen resolutions?
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    When I dream,
    I carry a sword in one hand,
    a gun in the other...

Re: How do wide screen LCDs handle non-wide screen content?

No, not all games can support widescreen LCD's. Most widescreens can stretch the screen to fit, but you can tell when they do that. Luckily, most game developers have woken up and pretty much all new releases support widescreen format.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
      Thanks for the help.
      When I dream,
      I carry a sword in one hand,
      a gun in the other...

Comment

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

I play on a Widescreen display and I find it pretty good, even at 640x480 on a 14.1 inch display. NFS carbon works good, Stronghold Crusader is flawless. The only problem I find is that the game Peggle have black bars at the sides. Well, that's what I pay for every happy game there, It isn't too much.

Sorry, I can't tell how First Person Shooters work out, since I distaste violent games. No offense though.

Comment

Personally, widescreens are awesome for games. It enables you to kinda look around more and see stuff outside of the main character or vehicle.

I will agree, NFS Carbon looks fantastic on a widescreen. Gears of War is also pretty sick on a widescreen.

Comment

widescreen is awesome - even if not all games support it (all modern ones do)
            http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

on the wide screen monitor when we run the games whose scree is less then the wide screen monitor , these video are show only in 800*600 area, the rest of the screen show as black (outline), but some games are not support the wide screen.

Comment

Working...
              X