Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCR to Computer

hey,

i was wanting to no how to connect my VCR to my computer so i can transfer my old home movies to the harddrive.

i have a HDTV caputure card. below are links/ pics of the caputer card.

http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/eng/Products/DVBTLIte.aspx

thx heaps

Re: VCR to Computer

Just hook your VCR to the card like you would hook up the TV connection. Can't really make out the two connectors you have, but if it's similiar to the one I used to have, then one is audio in and the other would be video in. Just use your VCR outputs and connect them.
    More important is the program you use to capture (and edit) the video. If you're running XP, then you probably have Windows Movie Maker, you can use that.
    I use Pinnacle, works well for me.

Be advised that these movies take up an amazing amount of HD space, I prefer to capture them, edit, then render to DVD, then I can delete them.

Have fun

Comment

hey,

the 2 plugs at the bak are not video and audio. 1 is for the arial and the other i dont use so i have no idea.

thx anyway

Comment

The one on the right is plain old coaxial in
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Have you tried it with a coaxial cable from the VCR output to the antenna input on the card, letting the cable carry both audio and video?

With the card and program I have now, I use a video cable to my card, then I run the audio from the VCR directly into my sound card, then adjust capture settings to reflect those inputs.

Comment

hey, do u no the name of a good progamme and could u plz post a link 2 it if it is freeware.

thx

Comment

Working...
            X