Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundcard problems...

Hi Guys...
    I am really tired of my problem with clicks. I bought my card 4 days ago and it has not worked good for more than 30 seconds... :(
    I have managed to get rid of most of the clicks but not all.

The clicks only come when I record something now. It used to come all the time but by some tweaking in the bios, upgrade of the VIAK133 drivers and by messing around with the IRQ's. Before I started to mess around whit these things I had clicks all the time. I even had a strange "plop" sound that managed to get around way to often. I have started to get really angry about this because I want it to start working. I have tried the program with both Logic Platinum that I borrowed from a friend and my own Cubase 5... The clicks are much worse in Logic than Cubase but they are still really irritating. My guess is that everything has something to do with the bus speed on my Soltek 75KV2 motherboard but I am not sure. IS there someone who has experiance by things like this and how to cure them.
    I have turned of my UBS ports, Removed my Soundblaster Live card and SCSI card. I have tried to set the BUS ratio differently but that doesen't seem to help either. I've turned of the Graphic Accelerator, the auto start on the cdrom and turned on the DMA usage on the HD-drive. I tweaked the bios settings for the cache and stuff like that but nothings seems to help to get rid of the noise completely. I have upgraded the bios, the via drivers. The drivers to the card. (The computer says that they are older than the ones on the cd but to be honest, I don't belive it...)

Is there someone out there that could come up with a solution.

An desperate Swede that goes under the name Anders...

Ps.
    I have turned of the Midi port on the DSP card...
    I got and AMD 900 TB if someone was wondering...)
    DS.

Well first up, have you flashed the latest BIOS update and also installed the latest VIA 4in1 drivers? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yes, Iv'e done everything possible... Except changed my motherboard... (It seems like that anyway...) I've updated my bios, via... All the different drivers in Windows. Added a latency patch and many more things. I just want you guys to give me tips if I have forgotten something...

//Anders

Comment

Tried formatting? Might be the last resort.

Comment

No, but i'm quite sure this has something to do with the VIA chipset and the BUSrate.

Comment

I've never personally experienced the problem, so I can't help...

Comment

Working...
            X