No announcement yet.

Morphous is down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah morphous seems to have the ablity to work thru firewalls and not show in the stats

:devil:
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

I used to like Kazza over morpheus untill I discovered that Kazza is full of spyware ! I found out that Kazza was the one responsible for making my pc randomly want to connect to the net and go to some random ip address (Kazza was not open at the time). I found a nice little prog that removes spyware called Ad-Aware (http://www.lsfileserv.com/index.html). If you remove all spyware Kazza will cease to operate because "program components have been removed", so you can't use Kazza without spyware.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldar
        yeah morphous seems to have the ablity to work thru firewalls and not show in the stats
        True, it can't be seen in stats, but those annoying IT people can still see a huge flood of network traffic, and find out who's IP it is.. then it's no more Morpheus for that poor little IT worker who didn't have much to do at work at that point....

:D

Comment

MORPHEUS IS BACK UP!!! :D

atm anyway
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

morphous is back up at home anyway
            http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

not 4 me:(

Comment

hmm.... :\ now its saying my version of morphous is too old and can't connect to the morph network :(
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

ok the new version is out and IMO its ****...
                  the whole program has changed
                  it takes ages to connect
                  it connects to a few different servers..
                  said there was only 450 users on..then went up to 3,000, i think it was still climbing but i accidentally closed it (if u click the cross. it closes it completely now....-sigh-) still said there was about 800,000mb of shared files though...
                  anywho..let me know what u guys think....
                  my initial impression is :thumbs do ...i hope after i use it some more, that it proves to be as good, if not better as the old version...because i did used to like it..(when it didnt stuff up, lol)
                  anywho...let me know what u think

Comment

u talkin bout kazaa or morpheus?

Comment

morpheus man..(check the topic)

Comment

after looking around in morpheus..i found an option that sends it to the taskbar when you click the cross, instead of closing it completely....so i take that part back..still not happy with the actual program though :(

Comment

On the bright side, I am seeing an increase in users within the WinMX proggy I use.

Nice to have a few more options regarding whom I can DL a file from!

One man's poison really is another man's pudding:thumb:
                          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Hey ya know morpheus is up for the most part again

They have a beta out http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail.php3?fid=993538881

apparently from what i can tell they no longer will be connected
                            to Kazaa anymore, and will be connected to Gnutella network.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir MMPD
                              Hey ya know morpheus is up for the most part again

They have a beta out [url]
                              uhh..read my above post/s...

[B]
                              apparently from what i can tell they no longer will be connected
                              to Kazaa anymore, and will be connected to Gnutella network.
                              looks that way

btw, if anyone liked the old Morpheus, then Kazaa is still the same(was always identical to morpheus till now), and has a ****load more users...there are over 850000 users on atm(was higher earlier today), morpheus used to sit on around 500000 or lower;)

Comment

ignore me I missed that :)

Comment

Working...
                                X