entire computer hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• entire computer hot

Some of my components are extremely hot to the touch. the psu, cd-rom drive, hard drive, and cpu. in addition there is an error "Invalid Partition Table!"

Re: entire computer hot

Originally posted by elessar View Post
    Some of my components are extremely hot to the touch. the psu, cd-rom drive, hard drive, and cpu. in addition there is an error "Invalid Partition Table!"
    If you have never had a heat issue in the past with that system I'm guessing heat is not your main problem. Some of those components will normally get fairly hot after the system been turned on for a while so that might be normal. Check all your fans to make sure they are working and blow the dust out of them as well as the CPU heatsink to help air circulate.

The error could be a real pain. It might mean reformatting and reinstalling your operating system. Heres what I found with a quick Google search on that error. You might find an alternative solution if you search some more though. Good luck.....

Make it easy for you to browse PCGuide through our sitemaps. Click here to see the complete list.

Comment

Case airflow. Learn about it, improve it and reinstall windows.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

CDrom drives normally don't get hot unless heated up by other devices, so I'd say you've get a serious airflow issue inside you case.

you may need to look at extra fans, etc.
        http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

thanks, it turns out that the psu fan had gone out and the os is shot

Comment

Working...
          X