Changing my two 7950gx2s for two 8800 gtxs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changing my two 7950gx2s for two 8800 gtxs

I saw your pics and I am amazed at all the options you can tweak compared to my NF570 board!!! Your proc seem pretty warm though, what kind of cooler do you have? I have a CM-blue-ice North bridge cooler along with my arctic cooler freezer7 pro and my temps are way lower, even at +.3 GHZ OC the proc is at 30-31C and my mobo is at 32-33C (not under load).

Comment

yah i have ZALMAN CNPS 9500 AM2 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail it still doesnt keep my temps down to what i would like them to be at. any ideas what iam doing wrong

Comment

would this be a good replacement http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835128015

Comment

I know nothing about water cooling, but I do know that you probably wanna get one w/ a GPU cooler also, I heard that its not worth it to get the CPU cooler alone. I think that Gigabyte cooler looks fine though, I recommend corsairs nautilus or something like it for neatness, or you could DIY which is cheaper and sometimes a lot better than kits. I think you might not have good ventilation in the case or your voltages are wrong. You can tweak voltages manually or make sure that you have a few fans, the door of my comp has5 on it and when I get a new one I will get more.

Comment

Yah i got it up to # ghz but it was so unstable it was like i was running Intel or something
            Attached Files

Comment

The temps look a lot better now, but you know you can take a screenshot right, I just think its simpler

Comment

hahahahh no i totaly for got that would have saved me a hell of a lot. THANKS but dude i want to oc my cpu to 3ghz but it wont stay stable. where does the screen shots save to again?

Comment

You press print screen then open paint or whatever photo program you want then you right click and select paste. I think if you got a good water cooler you could get it up to 3ghz easily but you should read reviews about said product first.

Comment

seconded : many kits are barely, if at all, better than air cooling, unless they have a double 120mm fan radiator, then you can do the graphics as well.
                    also imo (really is just opinion!)
                    watercooling should only be used in conjunction with clear pipes and side windows so that you can show it off!
                    thats why i hate thermaltake for bundling black pipes with their kits
                    Last edited by Munkul; 12-07-2006, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTON88 View Post
                      Would that be a good idead or should i wait for newer crap to come out? I really dont like the 7950gx2s they are slow in some games.

My specs
                      am2 x2 4800 oced to 2.76
                      300 gig sata
                      2 gigs corsair xms2
                      700 watt ocz gamer xtream
                      2 7950 gx2s in sli

i dont know the mother board actual name but its a ASUS 32x something one of their first motherboards released for am2 it has the 590 sli thing

I think u have An Asus Crosshair mobo.Your machine is rocking & I don't think if u buy 2 8800 GTXs, u will get sky high Frame rates in Tomb raider Legend.As, someone has already said, TR-Legend doesn't support SLI so u'll get only 1 GPU performance although if u have an SLI setup.

If u can get a good burgain,then I think u can get those GTXs.

By the way, which Nvidia driver version r u using on what Operating System ?

Comment

Working...
                      X