Changing my two 7950gx2s for two 8800 gtxs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing my two 7950gx2s for two 8800 gtxs

Would that be a good idead or should i wait for newer crap to come out? I really dont like the 7950gx2s they are slow in some games.

My specs
    am2 x2 4800 oced to 2.76
    300 gig sata
    2 gigs corsair xms2
    700 watt ocz gamer xtream
    2 7950 gx2s in sli

i dont know the mother board actual name but its a ASUS 32x something one of their first motherboards released for am2 it has the 590 sli thing

Re: Changing my two 7950gx2s for two 8800 gtxs

Well it wouldent be worth upgrading until you cpu has enough power for those cards. Nevermind your cpu is pretty fast but whats the fastest am2 out since money does not seem a problem. I cant believe two 7950's are slow in some games. Why are you even upgrading lol. Your system is AMAZING!
    Last edited by TRIGGER; 12-04-2006, 02:25 PM.

Comment

If those are slow in some games something is set up wrong.

Comment

it lags in the new tome raider game when graphics on max settings and it seems to lag a tiny bit on some stuff.

Comment

the reason i am upgrading is that i have no idea what i should ask for Christmas, i have a car, i have a 37 inch lcd in my apartment and i really dont know what i should ask for. I was just thinking maybe i could make my computer faster than it is so i don't know maybe i do have my set ups wrong but how can you fix that for me if you cant see my computer. heres a picture of the inside but yah.

Comment

this is my hardwarfe config i would show u more but i hate nextels cameras and phones the rest of the messages didnt send right

Comment

If you have eVga cards you can do the step up program but otherwise I wouldnt buy new cards, unless you can sell the 7950's for a good price.
              Maybe it has something to do with your drivers. What res are you playing at?
              Quad SLI is best for ultra hi-res gaming.

Comment

Your link just goes to comcast's website.

Comment

Sorry i dont knowhow to post a picture hahahah
                  Attached Files

Comment

the reason that the two gx2 cards are slow in tombraider is because that game does NOT have a SLI profile, much less a quad SLI profile.
                    therefore, in that game (and several others) you are getting the power of only one GPU (about 7900gt levels, i believe)
                    and as for getting the new cards, good luck! they are extremely fast, but there is an issue with compatibility on a few builds.
                    they will be faster than your gx2's but not by as much as you might think. tombraider will run at an awesome speed.
                    if you (and/or family) have the money to burn, then buy them.
                    Last edited by Munkul; 12-05-2006, 03:44 AM.

Comment

well ok then i wont burn the money but seriously i want these cards to show their true power then. I haven't seen their true power yet at least i don't think i have.

Comment

8800GTX SLI is not much better than Quad SLI 7950GX2. The important difference is that 8800GTX has DirectX 10 hardware support, which will mean improved performance and visuals in DirectX 10-based games. However, there aren't any DirectX 10-based games out or coming out anytime in the immediate future. I'd wait until some come out and then upgrade as prices come to a more reasonable level.

Comment

yah i guess your right because when i bought my 7950gx2s they were 640 each now they are a lot cheaper my proccesor was 640 when i bought it brand new so ill wait but i am going to put some pictures up of my bios can you guys tell me if this is oced right. TY

Comment

Heres One
                            Attached Files

Comment

Heres other thank you
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X