• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help nothing on monitor!

<o:p></o:p>
    Any help would be great!<o:p></o:p>

Re: Help nothing on monitor!

I would first try a known good video card, then also try that X1800 in another PC to make sure it works. If it works in another PC, then try the other parts out 1 by 1 in another PC and make sure they all work. Something is either dead or not making good contact.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

OK, I tried a PCI video card and a different PCI_e card with the same results. I tried different RAM also. I think either newegg or asus one will be getting this MB back. I just find it strange because the board did power up. the fan on all of the video cards would run. even the x1800xt fan would run with out the power cord plugged into it. yep this sux.

thanks for your help.

Comment

Maybe it is your PSU. Maybe you have the video being sent to the motherboards default video thing, try plugging the monitor into the motherboard, then if that works just disable the motherboards video feed and enable the GPU's.
        Last edited by orangutang91; 06-12-2006, 02:14 PM.

Comment

No video could be a number of things. Do you have the chassis speaker plugged in? If so, what kind of beep codes is it giving you? Check those and that could tell you your problem. If you've tried other video cards, I'm leaning towards this being a bad Mobo or CPU. Also, what kind of PSU are you using? (Brand, etc) IF it is too small it could be the culprit as well.

Comment

Working...
          X