Done. ;)

Comment

Comment

Trafficswarm.com
        Is very bad too

Comment

Done! - Added.

I also added cexx.org.
          Sorry Mr. C I remember doing a search when you talked about it, and I could of sworn it was in there. Just did a second search and it wasn't so I now added it.

Also added *.xupiter.com even though it's already in your list, just to make it more likely that it will be blocked. Plus doesn't having a site on your block list twice make you twice as secure? :p

Sorry to have failed you Mr. C

No strangle strangle, o'ta? :D

Also, if anyone else has a web page they think should be added let me know. But do me a favor and do a search on the uploaded list to make sure it's not already there.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by negomike
            [B]Done! - Added.

I also added cexx.org...........Plus doesn't having a site on your block list twice make you twice as secure? :p

Sorry to have failed you Mr. C

No strangle strangle, o'ta?

O-tay butt weet :) What? doesn't everyone add at least
            a quad-entry to restricted list for each bio-hazard site? Just
            make sure......AhhhhhhhHhuuummm.....ya don't add 3 extra
            *wildcards too!! :laugh: Only kidding,
            this was rhetorical question/lame attempt at humor ONLY

On the serious tip though, Negomike, congrats on one of the few contructive jetlag reply's/post to a dying yet informatively useful thread that i have yet too see. : peace2:
            Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Well it's gone off topic like most others but at least it's constructive. :devil:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Actually if you add a domain to a zone which already exists in that or another zone, you should get a message box telling you so.

Not uncommon for those banner-ad type domains to use 3 or more variations of thier domain, tricky devils that they are and all.
                Being as I only work within 2 zones, and I'm certain it isn't on the "short list" (Trusted Sites) - if it says it already exists in a zone, then we can be certain which one it's in:thumb:
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thanks Mr. C. another great tip there, as per usual.
                  I,too , like you, am very festidious about i/o data access
                  when it concerns my personal computers; not only on the web, but , am very picky 'bout MS /OS control issues with which i am
                  alarmed by/fight with on constant vigle. That's why i prefer Win98se...............inspite of owning all MS/OS.....incl. 3.1(still luv
                  playing those old early dos games. :laugh: :wave:
                  Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Thanks for the tip TwizlZone:thumb:
                    Added *.trafficswarm.com - and for good measure, *.trafficswarm.net. Can't be too careful you know:D
                    If you have any info as to other variations those folks use, please pass it on.

FYI;
                    Anyone who is not aware of it, this Security Zone info can be easily backed up --- no point in recreating the wheel in the event of a reinstall.

The list of sites added to the zones is at;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

The settings for the security zones is at;
                    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings\Zones

The only 1 to really be concerned with is "4" though it is just as easy to back them all up at once. 4 contains the settings for "Restricted sites".

Just export thoses as a .reg and put them in a safe partition or on floppy to be added with ease.

After you've got Windows and drivers all set, just right click on those files and choose "Merge", easy peasy

: peace2:
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I also like to throw the .org's in as well as a few have used those before. ;)

I must say though that that trafficswarm.com must have been a real nasty as each time that I checked someone's handy work Pow went down the gurglar but the firewall was closin' the window down before the AV could analyse the exact threat posed. Damn irritatin' havin' to reset POW! again to access the net though.
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Done-y! added

*.trafficswarm.net
                        *.trafficswarm.org

On a side note - a newbie questions. no wait, I'll just post it in internet network so I can get flamed were I'm supposed too. :p

I'm such a well behaved newbie, I'm even removing my old attachments. :D

:bounce: ::shameless bid for praise:: :bounce:

EDIT -
                        Orignally posted by Wiggo
                        [b]Well it's gone off topic like most others but at least it's constructive.
                        Maybe a little thread name edit? Add something about cookie privacy list, come to think of it there would be a lot more people interested in the web cookie privacy then the pop up question. Being self-centered and all. :D

Or could you copy/paste the posts into a new thread. I don't know if you can do that or not. At least without a unreasonable amount of work.

Comment

Poking around in these forums for these hidden treasures is what keeps riff-raff like us off the streets.
                          Kind of a public service provided by TweakTown.

After all, it is all in one forum - how easy do you want it:?:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                            how easy do you want it:?:
                            The answer to that strongly depends on exactly what the topic is. :D

Comment

Call me crazy, but I don't see a change in topic (till those last few posts).

It was a sequential progression of the original discussion. Read the first page of the thread, and see it in action.

Classic example of brilliant minds solving problems by working together.
                              Funny, some of my posts got in there too:D

Comment

I never meant any critism. In fact the point I was trying to make has nothing to do with being on topic.

This has no impact on those who have been taking part here.
                                My thought is that our current discussion might interest people who have turned away due to the first post or the title.

Comment

Working...
                                X