No announcement yet.

Suggestion Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should stick one in the Windows XP forum. It's kind of hypocratic now though, since we did openly write abotu how to do it. :(

Comment

How about a "Deal of the Day" section, where members could post low prices, deals, and other interesting finds that might be of use to the community?

I've seen this feature on some of the other forums I visit. Perhaps we could do well with one here!

I know I've found more than one deal I would like to let other TT'ers know about. The problem is, though, where to place it?
      Chris "Raven"
      News Crew - TweakTown
      <!--
      <font size=1>
      <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
      - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
      - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
      - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
      </font>
      // -->
      "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Raven, it sounds like a good idea. We could setup a sticky thread in the "What Should I Buy?" forum just for the Deal of the Day section.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I like that idea :) It would cut down on clutter, as well, limiting it to a single sticky instead of an entire topic.
          Chris "Raven"
          News Crew - TweakTown
          <!--
          <font size=1>
          <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
          - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
          - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
          - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
          </font>
          // -->
          "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
            I like that idea :) It would cut down on clutter, as well, limiting it to a single sticky instead of an entire topic.
            Done - I'll set it up now and make a big of noise about it on the frontpage.

:thumb:
            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

TT's clock seems to be out a lot of the time.

Would it be hard to fix????

Comment

At least it's only out now by daylight savin's and not half a day like recently. ;)
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Occasionaly I adjust my time zone in the user CP so that posts are reflected closer to the real time (mostly that's just for my own peace of mind.).

I'm kinda' losing track of which one I really live in:D
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

The site and forums are mind numbingly slow , have been for a while now ... I'm on 2.5mb ADSL and the page used to load instantly , somethin up ?

Comment

• Excellent!
                      The dial-up emulation is working flawlessly:D

jk

Actually, I'm relieved to hear it from someone else.
                      Been like that since just after the problem with the DNS server, at least for me.
                      I'm hoping someone can get this issue resolved soon, I find myself getting to bed rather late what with my pre bedtime forum look-about taking so long.

Cutting into my much needed beauty sleep as well as contributing to my tardiness for work:rolleyes:

But, I guess slow is still an improvement. I was rather shocked there for a day and a half when I would arrive and only 1 or 2 others had been here in 14 hours &gt: once again proving that I am indeed the hardest working man on the internet - at least when it comes to staying connected.:p
                      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

• Actually between the DNS prob and the /.'s things have been bad but I'd think that I could get a page to load just as fast on 28800kbps dailup so maybe the server setups need to be looked at and those adds atm just don't seem to have time to load at all. :?:
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

• There has been something bugging me about this forum for a while, I don't want to be a whiny little 'so an so' but when I want to go back to the main part of the forum, and I'm at the bottom of a huge amount of posts, I can't really do it without having to scroll the hell out of the mouse till I get to the top, so All I'm saying is that could there be, for example...

TweakTown Forums > General Discussion > Publication Discussion > Suggestion Box

Put at the bottom aswell as the top?

I know I'm a lazy basta**.

Comment

• erm, just use the <home> key on your *gasp* keyboard.... ;)

Comment

• bugger, it didn't post the word...?!?

the [HOME] key....

(remembering to preview this time LOL)

Comment

• Nevermind, you obviously don't see my point. :rolleyes2

If you have just replied to something, you can't use that to go back to the main forums instantly, besides, I can use my mouse to do that, so nyah! :p

Comment

Working...
                                X