Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Weekly Giveaway: AC Ryan Playon!HD Media Players - Essential, Mini 2 and HD2

what do you think guys? should we pm mr.tweak and ask an update from ac ryan?
    I try my best to hide my best.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2230144

Comment

• Re: Weekly Giveaway: AC Ryan Playon!HD Media Players - Essential, Mini 2 and HD2

Well just as I thought
      I'm back from my holiday, and still no information on package delivery or anything else.
      I see that everybody else have the same luck.

Who knows, maybe this gift that it's going to be delivered to us is going to make a fine present for Christmas holidays! :-)

Comment

ok I pm'ed Cam. Seems he is busy at the moment. Hasnt read the pm yet. No problem guys, it will arrive soon, hopefully :)
        HP Pavilion DV 6 - 6116TX note book(i3 2nd gen + ati 6490M + 500gb hdd) windows 7 Ultimate orig.
        Motorola Defy: Running WIUI gingerbread 2.3.5 updated with nightly builds.
        Audio: MY trusty B & O System
        Intel Pentium 4 1.9 ghz Single Core Processor (no HT etc....)
        Intel 845G integrated Graphics ICH 4
        1.25 GB Hynix DDR 1 Ram
        Seagate IDE 160Gb HDD - Primary
        Samsung IDE 40 gb HDD - Secondary
        WD Elements 320 gb External HDD USB
        Onboard AC 97 Audio - Realtek
        Compaq PSU (no extra connectors - jacked up connection for 3 case fans)
        Coolermaster CPU Heatsink - Socket 478 compatible
        Original Compaq Computer Case
        Mercury motherboard (Cant find any better branded stuff now that this thing is ancient)
        Windows XP SP3 Professional 32 Bit
        OSx Leopard 10.5.8 VMWare (Orig DVD and updated)
        Processor always idles at 50*C plus

Comment

Here's quick update on my situation. Have found some contacts at ACRyan webpage and I've emailed them.
          They gave me tracking number of my package, and it seems that our local DHL office is holding the package with custom duty fees.
          It's been sitting there for 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they never phoned me up to collect the package.
          So I'll phone our local DHL office, swear at some of their employees - and to see how to solve this problem. Once and for all..

Comment

Originally posted by brajko2 View Post
            Here's quick update on my situation. Have found some contacts at ACRyan webpage and I've emailed them.
            They gave me tracking number of my package, and it seems that our local DHL office is holding the package with custom duty fees.

So I'll phone our local DHL office, swear at some of their employees - and to see how to solve this problem. Once and for all..
            glad to hear some news, well for custom fees, hopefully not expensive as in my country
            My 3 simple question
            When? Why? How?

Comment

What did you email ACRyan? I want to know the current status of my package too.

Comment

I had the exact thing happen to me earlier this year when I won an AC Ryan contest on Twitter. My package was also stuck in Customs and DHL did not call me either. In my case the problem was that the declared value was too low and I had to contact AC Ryan and have them fax DHL updated documents.
                Going Broke Saving Money

Comment

Originally posted by slugbug View Post
                  I had the exact thing happen to me earlier this year when I won an AC Ryan contest on Twitter. My package was also stuck in Customs and DHL did not call me either. In my case the problem was that the declared value was too low and I had to contact AC Ryan and have them fax DHL updated documents.
                  once i received in invoice declared that my shipment are sample only, so the value was only 1$ but, the custom in my country still give high custom rate for my goods said DHL agent......

so still big question, is it from DHL or my country custom......
                  My 3 simple question
                  When? Why? How?

Comment

ronjames: try to find contact. You can look at Contacts :: AC Ryan | Defining Digital Entertainment
                    and there you have contacts for Asia (you are located there, right?)

slugbug: that for the info. Can you tell me just, did you have to pay for custom fees, or did sender handle that?

Currently the problem is that DHL noticed package value was declared as 152 Euros (from the sender).
                    So I'm just waiting for DHL to contact me and to tell me which amount of money they will ask of me to collect the package.
                    Because of the value being specified, I assume it's going to be around 100-150 Euros!!

Comment

Ok, thanks brajko2! :)

Comment

ronjames: try to find contact. You can look at Contacts :: AC Ryan | Defining Digital Entertainment
                        and there you have contacts for Asia (you are located there, right?)

slugbug: thanks for the info. Can you tell me just, did you have to pay for custom fees, or did sender handle that?

Currently the problem is that DHL noticed package value was declared as 152 Euros (from the sender).
                        So I'm just waiting for DHL to contact me and to tell me which amount of money they will ask of me to collect the package.
                        Because of the value being specified, I assume it's going to be around 100-150 Euros!!
                        The prize I won from that AC Ryan Twitter contest was this:
                        and yes AC Ryan did cover the Customs fees for me.
                        Going Broke Saving Money

Comment

I just want to check our how you people out there are doing? So it seems that most of the people haven't received their prizes yet.
                          Uf... in my case - the package is stuck in local DHL office - AND NOTHING!!!!
                          I can't believe this. It's been held by customs for more then 3 weeks, and I don't have any more information.
                          Neither what to do so that I can collect the package. Or doesn the sender has to do something to push this package to be delivered.
                          Unbelieveable!!!
                          I thought that DHL is serious company. It turns our it's quite the opposite.
                          So I have to start to fill some more complaints to finally receive my prize.

Wow.. what a great prize I've received! I ask myself is it worth all of the troubles...

Comment

^ dont get negative, although I have heard the same complaint about DHL at other places as well. Seems once it gets stuck in Customs, they dont give a dang.... anyway hope it works out well for all of us. Cam replied to my pm and will see what he can do. I am in India, who do you think dispatched my package? AC ryan asia or ac ryna india.
                            HP Pavilion DV 6 - 6116TX note book(i3 2nd gen + ati 6490M + 500gb hdd) windows 7 Ultimate orig.
                            1.25 GB Hynix DDR 1 Ram
                            Mercury motherboard (Cant find any better branded stuff now that this thing is ancient)

Comment

I hope everything will be OK.

Comment

still no sign ...maybe if we could get a trakcing number or something that wold help us to trace it
                                1.25 GB Hynix DDR 1 Ram

Comment

Working...
                                X