Weekly Giveaway - Sapphire Radeon HD5770 1GB Video Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weekly Giveaway - Sapphire Radeon HD5770 1GB Video Card

I'm hesitant about entering since I won the Tempest Evo in a previous contest but this card would go a long way to freeing up extra money in my budget build. I could put that money into a beefier CPU or possibly into a better, more full featured motherboard. I could go from an i3 530 to a nice i5 750 with the money I would have left over.

Thanks TT!
    Slave to technology.

Comment

The HD3200 of the 780G motherboards isn't exactly the best GPU for gaming. This HD5770 would be much better!
      <div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs>

Comment

wOw! I had no idea there were contests/giveaways here as I've spent all of my time here trying to get my first build together and working.

I would LOVE to win this card for a few reasons:

1. I've never won anything in my life except a bucket of KFC chicken when I was 12yrs old.
        2. We have a new baby in our home and I ran out of funds when buying the parts for the build. If you check out my specs I'm using some dated stuff.
        3. One of the main reasons I wanted to build my own system was to learn about overclocking and to have a Crossfire set up...but as mentioned ran out of ca$h and could only spring for one HD5770...so, it would make a beautiful pair in my virgin build!

I guess that's enough groveling for one post...c'mon Karma!!!

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
        ASUS Maximus Extreme Z
        i7Core 2600k Sandy Bridge
        Swiftech H20-X20 Edge HD
        16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
        (5) 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSDs
        Evga GeForce GTX 580
        Ultra X4 1600W PSU
        Lite On BD Burner
        ASUS CD/DVDRW
        Creative XFi Titanium Fatal1ty Champ
        Klipsch Pro Media 5.1
        Ultra Aluminus Card Reader, eSATA, USB3.0
        Drobo (4Bay) 6TB
        Icy Dock (4Bay) 1.5TB
        Logitech G19 Keyboard
        Cyborg RAT-9 Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Jerm1970 View Post
          2. We have a new baby in our home and I ran out of funds when buying the parts for the build. If you check out my specs I'm using some dated stuff.
          Hey Tweak, you can take my entry out.

Our little boy is almost 11 months old so I know how tight money can get when you have to put out for diapers and formula not to mention the cost associated with getting ready for a baby with the crib, clothes, blankets, carrier, etc, etc, etc, pull my hair out, etc.

I'd give you my entry if I could, Jerm.

Congrats on the wee one!
          Slave to technology.

Comment

I would want the Radeon HD5770 because my current video card doesn't support DirectX11 and i need to upgrade from my 4850 to a better video card because i am trying to upgrade my current computer and this would help me very much.

Comment

I love ATI cards and have been wanting to make the jump to a new DX 11 card - if I won I would add a second card for some crossfire goodness
              System Specs
              CPU: Intel i7 870
              CPU Fan: Zalman 10Flex
              Motherboard: Asus P7P55-Pro
              RAM: Corsair Dominator 1600 - 2X2 gb
              GPU: XFX 4890 1gb
              PSU: Silverstone 700W
              System Drive: Intel X25-M 80gb
              Storage Drive: Hitachi 1tb
              Case: NZXT Khaos

Comment

It would be nice to check out how pretty my games look with dx11.

Comment

I've never had a ATi card before, if I will, it will be my first. So why not!

Now excuse me while I go back to lurking!

Comment

To get rid of my 8800GS and finally be able to play Battlefield Bad Company 2 on high settings. Oh how I wish.

Comment

To drop the 8600GTS and get this is a big improvement in both quality gameplay (starcraft 2) and folding :D Can't hurt to have more PPD
                      MB: GA-EP45-UD3P Rev#: 1.6
                      Bios: FB
                      Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz @ 3.11Ghz
                      Freezer Pro 7 Rev.2 @ 2500rpm 45CFM
                      G.Skill PC2-6400 4x1Gb DDR2-800 (5-5-5-15 @ 2.1)
                      EVGA 9800 GTX+
                      Corsair 650W
                      Antec 300
                      Apple Cinema @ 1920x1200
                      Win7 Ultimate 64x

Comment

My brother now have 8600 or something like that and this would be best gift for Easter.

Comment

It would be a good improvement over the secondhand 8800gts 320 I'm currently running.
                          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Since we can't afford to upgrade our computer as often as we would like, we tend to document ourselves (family of 4) a lot before doing so. TT is one of my favorite sites to compare and find the quality of all the products available to us. Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 is on our list for our next upgrade with Gigabyte MA-770T-UD3P board and AMD Phenom II X4 925. Coming from and old N-Vidia Geforce 4 Ti-4200. AMD Athlon 2100 with Asus A7V8X board, the upgrade will be just about fantastic. So the reason I participate here today is to take a chance at the possibility to upgrade our system four to five months earlier than we've planned.
                            Last edited by Luciano; 03-18-2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I used to use and swear by Ati but, for several years I have been an avid user of Nvidia. Since the release of Fermi is still unknown and no specs to review, I could use the DX11 for my gaming. Too bad someone can't get Crossfire to work 16x by 16x. Seems like ATI is going keep besting Nvidia no matter what it takes. Too bad AMD can't do Intel in also. I used to be an AMD fan too.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLotus View Post
                                I would love to have this card. It would be an improvement over my 8800GT 512MB. Even after overclocked. Benchmarks say that this can get about 17.6k alone in 3dmark06. Whereas my 8800GT can only get about 13k. This card will be my main card while I run my 8800GT as dedicated physx. Thank You.
                                Can't run ATI and Nvidia on the same board.

Comment

Working...
                                X