This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weekly Giveaway - CoolIT Domino Advanced Liquid Cooling

I have this and love it. Replaced a Xigmatek Red Scorpion. Temps are not a big departure from the Xigmatek, but the case has radically cooled down. All that CPU heat thrown out the back of the case instead of just blowing around inside it. Since both the CPU and power supply push the heat out, the interior is nice and cool, even where I live in the desert and the ambient temperature in the house is 80F. With this setup can now concentrate on keeping the HDDs, the NB and SB cool. Am running 5 HDDs so keeping them cool is important to me. Although I have NO evidence, all the negative issues I've read about this cooler on the boards appear to have been addressed. It takes up almost no room...yes my case is good sized and the Zigmatek fit with room to spare. The main selling point for me is that it is a sealed self-contained unit.The warranty is 2 yrs but the design life is seven. Have any of us had a rig more than 4 years? Although it has been said by an engineer at IBM that Moore's law is coming to an end in the computer world, we are not there yet. This is a great way to get your feet wet with water cooling ... and the price is a pleasant shock. The build is far better than the price would indicate. I'm not out to OC the world but it is handling my Q6600 at 3.4GHz without any issues. The readout is a nice touch and the middle setting allows the fan to follow the heat curve of the CPU. You can set for low and quiet and high for the fan at full speed. I tried the full speed and it didn't justify the higher fan noise. The middle setting is just fine.

I sound like a commercial, but I wanted to get into liquid cooling without putting $250+ down for a really good unit. I took a chance but its going on a couple of months ownership now and it proves to me that there is value out there and a sealed self-contained unit can keep with MY style of processing. I haven't put it through Prime95...am not in it for competition. Wanted something that is steady and has a real loud buzzer should something go wrong. I have run a number of the Intel Burn tests and it didn't blink.

Is this the perfect solution? For me it is. If it stays together for two years I will have gotten my monies worth.

Update: This didn't work for me. I should have listened to all the posts on what problems you could have with this. As stated so many times, the nipple on the radiator cracked and my TV card was ruined and there was a puddle of antifreeze in the bottom of my case. Why it didn't take out the whole computer is a mystery to me. I treated this better than my daughter when she was just born. If you ask me...and this is just my opinion...keep walking. I've gone back to my Xigmatek.
    Last edited by OldGeek; 12-13-2009, 09:20 PM. Reason: Didn't work for me...

Comment

AM2+ AMD 940 with only a stock cooler and a HP laptop with cooler fan. This would definitely make for a great addition so that I could push my BE a lot farther. Tuniq just sent me some free TX-2 and it would great to use it for a nice OC.

Thanks TT

Comment

I use the V10 on my i7 920 which is at 3.8ghz right now.. Water wouldn't be bad but this can go in another rig of mine if it's my lucky day

Comment

Currently my QX9770 is cooled with a Thermaltake V1,and a Q9450 is cooled with a Koolance Exos 2 and waterblock.this would be nice on my QX 9770,,, oH.. i have a QX6850 thats is cooled stock but i have a Zalman CNPS 9700 LED for it..

Comment

Please enter me, I would love to have this easy to use all in one cooling system.
            955 c3 4.0ghz | Darknight CPU cooler | 790fx mobo | 4ghz Ripjaws 1600 | 5850 1ghz 1300ram | 550watt PSU | Windows 7 64bit |

Comment

Using a coolermaster V10 to cool a I7 920.

Comment

I'm currently using a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 on my phenom 9950.

Comment

Sweet giveaway, thanks tweaktown.
                  I am currently using a Scythe Mugen 2.

Comment

core 2 duo e6600 stock cooler oc to 2.8ghz doesen't get to warm when gaming but motherboard likes to get a littel tosty going up to 55c.
                    Motherboard Name ASRock extream6
                    Inteli7-4790k @4.5ghz
                    16gig Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
                    SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC 100362-2SR Radeon R9 290

Mouse logitech G602
                    windows 7 ultimate
                    lg blue ray burner
                    Os smsung xp941 256gb
                    storage 2 1tb drives 2 500 gig drives
                    evga 1300 watt gold
                    in win GRone Gray 0.8mm atx full tower case
                    cpu heatsink corsair hydro h50
                    Logitech THX Z-5300 surround sound system
                    LG 27inch monitor

Comment

Comment

Cooler Master V8
                        Intel i7 920

Comment

Xeon 3110 with stock cooler, oh and yay for contests!

Comment

I have a CoolerMaster V8 on a Q9550 and Coolermaster HAF922 Case

Comment

I have a OCed E8500 that I'm keeping cool with a Noctua NH-U12P
                              System Specs
                              CPU: Intel i7 870
                              CPU Fan: Zalman 10Flex
                              Motherboard: Asus P7P55-Pro
                              RAM: Corsair Dominator 1600 - 2X2 gb
                              GPU: XFX 4890 1gb
                              PSU: Silverstone 700W
                              System Drive: Intel X25-M 80gb
                              Storage Drive: Hitachi 1tb
                              Case: NZXT Khaos

Comment

This looks like a good way for me to get the room I need for some added system and memory cooling. My current Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler Looks great and is very quiet, and it does a good job, but it also takes alot of room. Then again if I win. I may just use it for a new build. Decisions make life grand.
                                http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                                http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                                Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                                Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                                Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                                4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                                (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                                (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                                (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                                Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                                Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                                2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                                Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                                Logitech G500 USB mouse
                                Monitor: CMV937A
                                7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                                Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Working...
                                X