X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:afro:

:afro:

Your site is Excellent! I have referred Tweaktown to about 50 people (3 logged on)

The only way I can see you guys making it better is by having follow ups to some of your previews. not just a follow up but a Preview Review and Look Back section where you break it down in categories within a 2 year increment. for example:

Pentium 4 2.4b Preview: then you talk about the chip
    Pentium 4 2.4b Review: then you talk about it in real life usage
    Pentium 4 2.4b a look back: This is for those who would rather wait until the item has come down in price and whether or not its worth even the discounted money.

I think this would garner you praises from manufacturers that actully make GOOD PRODUCT and from consumers who can't buy the latest in technology at the release date.

My two cents. Hopefully I can get a prize!!

Comment

Tweaktown is already great I suggest that the site keeps an updated top 10 hardware list on the main page.

Comment

I'd like to see Tweaktown to more game tweaking guides. I think the guides that you currently have are very good and would like to see guides for more modern games.

Comment

Well I just spent a bit and read all the suggestions and comments offered by everyone. There are some excellent ideas that could be incorporated into TT.

Some additional thoughts on the aformentioned comments:

-I initially thought about adding in user contributed Articles/Guides/Reviews based upon their experiences. Someone already mentioned that, but I felt the idea is an important part of the site.

-The product rating system would be nice as well. Perhaps this could be integrated with a user-contributed section (guides/reviews). I feel it is very important to base the decision on third-party insight and experience. If someone else has a suggestion about that new video card, or can confirm that the new video card won't work with my particular motherboard I would like to hear about it!

It's truly tough to think of what to add to TT to make it even better. :)

Hmm... perhaps a small section devoted to the latest drivers. First and foremost video card drivers (I believe they are updated on an almost regular basis). Next would come OS updates, then Sound (as sometimes these drivers conflict with the video hardware). These could be linked off site (to the manufacturer's page), and a comment system would be an added bonus.

Comments from other users saying "after installing the new Detonator xx.xx or Catalyst xx.xx my computer froze!"

A series of guides could also be created based upon helping the common pc user to update drivers. These could, of course, be user submitted guides.

The suggestions and comments are surely forcing us all to be creative and think, keep them coming everyone! :thumb:

Comment

Well i am a new comer to your great webstie and i am impressed with the overclocking tutorials and wallpapers and the such.

There are a few things that i beleive that could be modified for the better and they are:

1. the side menus on the pages could benefit from scrolling with the page. due to the length of some of the pages i believe that being able to select your next destination without scrolling back up to the top would be a good improvment.

2. as has been mentioned in other peoples postings it would be nice to see a higher level of integration with your site...perhaps having a frame that stays present through all pages on the site with a menu that could take you any where you would like to go. I have seen this many times before and found it to be very effective.

3. perhaps having a downloads page with various useful programs to do with system performance or what not that can be downloaded from the site or from mirrors allowing you to keep users at your site for all their needs instead of redirecting them to off site links.

:thumb: :cheers: :snip:

Comment

increase the size of the links on the navigation bar and it will be easier for people to see the links

tidy the archives for the guides / articles etc so that it is easier to find specific guides

have more guides on teaking hardware and software

Comment

Really i think the layout and design is damn near perfect i couldn't think of anything it needs to be honest. The only way tweaktown could improve is by doing my reviews, so i have more content to muse over.

Comment

mmmmm.... still some things that could make the site and forums a little more user friendly.

on the main site, it should be set out a little differently. it'd be better if you could see both "Latest News" and "Latest Reviews" without scrolling because it make it easier to have a quick glance to see what news or reviews you have missed and sometimes there is alot of news and takes a while to get back up.

it'd also be good if you could select different styles on the main site itself, so a few different colour schemes wouldn't hurt either :)

on the forums you could install some hacks to make it easier to navigate as well. some hacks could also be some fun things like power level, karma, experience hacks :)

some things you could do overall on the forum layout is that you could move the private messages to the top and make a mini control panel that can tell you last login, any messages, some of the latest threads, style selection etc...

anyway, that's just my :2cents: worth :)

Comment

I would suggest a "Troubleshooters Corner" where expert enthusiasts can offer help to users with specific hardware or Windows related problems. How often have we run into brick wall after installing some new device or software and needed the advice of technical help. The "Troubleshooters Corner" can be a chat-room style for instant answers to registered users.

This is something the internet has been crying out for, access to expert opinion at the touch of a button.

TC Machine : peace:

Comment

• Originally posted by [size=6
                      TC Machine[/size]]
                      I would suggest a "Troubleshooters Corner" where expert enthusiasts can offer help to users with specific hardware or Windows related problems. How often have we run into brick wall after installing some new device or software and needed the advice of technical help. The "Troubleshooters Corner" can be a chat-room style for instant answers to registered users.

This is something the internet has been crying out for, access to expert opinion at the touch of a button.

TC Machine : peace:
                      I thought that that was what the forums were for. :rolleyes2

Comment

• I have only one small thingy; in the review section it would be nice if the date of the review was mentioned. If a cooler received a rating of 9/10 but it was reviewed in 2001 it is very well possible that a better cooler has been reviewed in the meantime.
                        other that that :thumb:

Comment

• How about interviews with industry leaders from ATI or NVidia, AMD or Intel...or whatever?? You know just to get a heads up on whats commin down in the next couple of months. Or how how about more detailed how to articles from the trend setters in the mods dept.?? just a thought. CHEERS!

Comment

• There's only 2 things I can possibly think of that would make this site any better than it already is.

1. Change the forum colors. It seems like everybody uses these same XP-looking colors. Maybe have user-selectable skins. Something to stand out more.

2. Declare me the winner of this & all future contests. That would definately make for a more rewarding experience in my book :p :p :p

Comment

• im not sure if u mean the main website or the forums.
                              on loading teh main website i noticed it took quite some time.
                              i found out why too.
                              it is huge.
                              I think that you could cut down on things like putting images for news, and putting older news into an archive.
                              maybe you should put all the links on one side (preferably the left) and all linking images (ads) on the right?
                              as for the forums, i have always been very impressed with them, and on seeing some others in comparison, i must say that they dont really come close.
                              to enhance the forums, i think you should advertise it better on the front site.
                              Cmon. A bold, size 12 link to forums just doesnt cut it boys.

So, thar ya go! (ps pick me!)

//alias

Comment

• wow i just joined and came across this topic to win some stuff ^^

1. The TT sites, are very slow loading, takes aprox near 2 minutes to load a page completely.

2. The TT homepage has to many main articles....it stretches down like 6-7 pages =O

3. Adding an option in forums to choose a certain colour scheme...i hate this grey colour, blue etc.

4. Having a downloads page for drivers, tweakin utilities and such.

Regards

AzNBoi (i want the MSI fx5600 ^^)

Comment

Working...
                                X