Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how about if tweaktown does a deal with a few computer parts suppliers for a free button if they give discounts to tweaktown members , or something along those lines , maybe we could have a guest spot once a month for an amatuer reviewer to do a story on something they are interested in? How about for those ppl that are considering doing work in the IT industry we could have interviews with ppl who are in the area and speaking about what ppl can expect to deal with when they start in that job .? anyway i like the news setup at the front page so leave that and keep up the good work you guys !!!

Comment

• I agree with the colour scheming per user idea. And cooler flash integration would be nice.

Reviews should have a 1-10 scale placed by the reviewer, but also a rating voted on by members (yes members, not newbs) in a thread linked by the review. The page should read... 9.5/10 Editors choice... in that cool graphic you use... then a couter looking graphic that has the nearest decimal to which the voters in the thread have rated the product reviewed based on info given by the reviewer. Maybe it would be cool, i dont know, actually is beggining to sound dumb now that its written down...

Comment

• Well first at all thanks

Only couple of things

Another language options there is many users from anothers country like me I need some opinions in Spanish

And more hardware how to´s

Cheers= Salud

Comment

• One thing you could consider is setting up a benchmark database which allows users to post results in a standardized way. I would think Sisoft SANDRA would be good because the standard version is available to everyone free of charge. Description of hardware including any special cooling/overclocking should be included. When I upgrade my harware I am always curious to see how it stacks up against similar configurations. Brief comments about satisfaction/dissatisfaction with the benchmarked hardware would also be useful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexicano
            I need some opinions in Spanish
            Hire me, i translate.

Comment

• TweakTown is a great site, I would probably visit it every day, if it weren't for the massive loading times while browsing with my 56k connection. My suggestion is to cut down the loading times by either creating a new faster layout (Not that is anything wrong with this version, it just takes ages to load.) or cut down the number and the size of the images around the site, such as the banner ads and the images in the news posts.

Also a download section would be great, as we could get all the tweaking utilities we needed for the guides, without having to leave TweakTown. The download section could also include programs recommended by the TweakTown staff.
              I would also like to see some more guides on tweaking and pushing my system to the limit, also a few guides on things like modding would be nice.

An IRC channel, would also be a welcome addition as it would provide a place for users to get help as soon as they need it, or just to hang out and chat to other TweakTown users.

Another thing that would be nice is more regular news posts, other than that, keep up the good work. :D

-Storm

Comment

• The only significant improvement I could recommend to tweaktown is this:

For researching new gear, I typically ping my geeky friends, and ask them what they drool over. Then, I price that gear, and back off from there on a price/performance ratio until I find the ideal "sweet spot" for the component. I don't want to buy bleeding edge gear and pay through the nose, I just want the best performance I can get at a reasonable price. I also want to preserve upward compatibility, so I don't buy something I'll be tossing out in 9 months.

An example of this is the current state of video cards. Should I keep my MX-440se, or should I trade up to a Radeon 9XXX, or to the GeForce 5XXX series? This is a decision of tweakmost importance, requiring a lot of research and analysis.

Tweaktown could do that either of 2 ways; either let users vote for their current "best value" gear, or by computing a performance score based on benchmark software, and dividing it against the common street price. And of course, this could be database driven so that users can construct their existing machine profile, then add/change components out of the benchmarked toolkit, to see how well the tweaked machine would rate.

That's my two cents. Of course, Tweaktown seems to have tons of stuff that I haven't read yet, so if that's something you do already, my humble apologies. (and what's the url?)

Comment

Working...
                X