Microsoft Intellimouse Optical with New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Intellimouse Optical with New Features

I own two MS Intellimouse Opticals, and they RULE.

And there is a new design!, I saw at Best Buy yesterday. I have scoured the web trying to find a pic of the new mouse, but apparently is is VERY new. It is so new, the Best Buy workers HADn't seen it when I asked them to open a box for the demo shelf. MS's mice page doesn't even have it.

It is the exact same size and shape as the original, BUT now the white area is darker grey, and the buttons are lighter colored... somewhat similar to the old grey version below in the pic...

The Area that used to be white appears to have the same texture, but IT ACTUALLY has been glossed over with a clear varnish almost, which makes it perfectly smooth to the touch... like glass.

The Box said "The new Optical Eye scans at 6000 times per second, (and as you can see in the review I stole these pics from) the OLD optical eye scanned ONLY 1600 times per second, which I am hoping has effectively improved the mouses ability to detect minute movement.

I use 1600 X 1200 desktop resolution, and i have my mouse sensitivity SO HIGH that i can move all the way from left to right on my desktop by moving my hand 1.5 inches (4 CM) (i don't use ANY acceleration)

The old version of the mouse was not sensitive enough at this high of resolution, and caused it to skip about 3 pixels EACH time the cursor is redrawn on the screen. For reference, this "m" is 9 pixels long. So I am being PICKY, but my long distance railing is greatly affected in whichever flavor of Quake I happen to be playing at the moment.

If I would have known they were this rare, I would have bought one! They were selling for 45$, but I was hoping to see them for sale online today for 30 :cry:

P.S. I was in Best Buy to get Imation 48X 100CD spindles... on sale for 7$ after a 20$ rebate. I got 300 for me, and 200 for a friend.

Woo, I can handle 7 cents a piece.. (yea yea, I've seen similar deals for 4 cents a piece, but then they do store limits, like "each store will have only 100 spindles availiable for rebate"

And here is the pic i forgot to include the first time....

This image is shows the old versions... the new version is the same exact shape and button design as the 'white' one, but has a color scheme similar to the Gray one.

Comment

Well, I just scoured ebay, and all the etailers I buy from, and none of them have it.

So if you went and took a picture of it, it would be the first on the web. :D ;D

This mouse could be described as looking 'metallic' grey, if you are wondering why I am excited about it... that and the 6000 scans per second.

This could be it... it is described as Intellimouse Special Edition but, it DOESN'T HAVE A PCITURE! (also only described as optical 1.1... hmm I would think an increase to 6000 scans persecond is worthy its own optical revision number... so this is probably not it.

Comment

That should be really cool. I like my mouse sensitivity really high too, so having a better optical mouse should be awesome. I don't know if scan rate will help so much as an optical sensor that can read finer movements, just because it reads movement more frequently doesn't really mean that it can sense finer or more minute movement.

Best buy also has a big blowout on ram right now, we could totally meet up at the store and get some. Right now the deal is $79.99 for 256 MB DDR PC2100 RAM - $30.00 Instant In Store Rebate - $15 Mail In rebate = $34.99. Also, PC 100 and 133 is on sale at crazy low prices for any older PCs you have.

We gotta go there.

Comment

I was at a Best Buy once in Florida.........nice store, I still dream about that.
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

:laugh: :laugh:

Foo on you, Mr. C :laugh:
            They are nice stores. Although I don't get much hardware there. They occasionally have decent sales on their network hardware. I love the sales on the DVDs and gaming software. :shoot3:
            Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

From the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical website.

"Capturing 6,000 frames per second, it delivers up to four times the performance of other optical mice"

Comment

:D Have one it's much better than the older version and smaller. Fits my hand better. :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by JealousMidget
                  :laugh: :laugh:

Foo on you, Mr. C :laugh:
                  They are nice stores. Although I don't get much hardware there. They occasionally have decent sales on their network hardware. I love the sales on the DVDs and gaming software. :shoot3:
                  I wasn't being sarcastic......I really did think it was a nice store.
                  Where I live I would have to go several hundred miles to go to one though:cry:
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I guess you need to plan those trips carefull. Make sure you have sufficient water and provisions. :wave:
                    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

And make sure that you pick a time of year with plenty of grass along the way for your horses to eat... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: jk :D

Comment

Now the only problem is being able to afford provisions and shopping too:confused:

But window shopping is still good exercise for the horses:thumb:

Comment

Here it is! Its a beautiful mouse. I'm gonna run by Best Buy tonight and see if they have one.

[Update: Amazon.com says its release date is August 22.]

Comment

OMG Dude! That is totally NOT the one I saw....

Mine was silver colored... almost as if it was made of metal...

Comment

FOUND IT

Best Buy finally updated their page.... It is officially called :

Microsoft Special Edition IntelliMouse Optical
                              Best Buy Link to this Mouse

Specs: (copied Verbatim)

*Burnished metallic finish for an eye-popping look
                              *IntelliEye optical technology for precise movement and sensitive responsiveness
                              *5 programmable buttons become customized 1-click solutions to repetitive tasks
                              *Sealed optical sensor means no moving parts to wear out or get dirty
                              *Captures an astonishing 6,000 pictures per second for pinpoint accuracy
                              *Tracks on almost any surface
                              *Accelerated scrolling reacts to speed of mouse movement
                              *Comfortable for right- or left-handed users
                              *Plug-and-play USB interface
                              *Includes updated Microsoft IntelliPoint software to further expand functionality

Yay! Go MS ! The best in yet another category.

Look close, as I've said before, this mouse feels like glass to the touch.

Comment

Working...
                              X