Nsp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albinus

Well Optus' search engine couldn't find the first one, but it did find a Bethany Road in Bethany - but not number 8

Here it is anyway:
    Olie lives about 2k's out of Bethany... :D

Comment

here are a few comparisons around our area
      TT Original

Comment

here is where i live
        TT Original

Comment

Telstra's better for the people who live in non-metro areas (trying to stay away from the word rural... must... resist... ), however, Optus are making major improvements in their metro coverage, being the first to establish 1.8GHz cells in major areas (in VIC, they include Doncaster, Box Hill, Melb CBD).

Comment

Actually the GSM1800 rollout is *HUGE* in Sydney and Melbourne - largely as a result of the popular 'yes' time.

They also are deploying extensive micro-cells in metro Melbourne and Sydney.

However Optus generally apply a C2 Penalty of -20 points to 1.8GHz BTSs (so the ME doesn't sit on them, only gets transferred during a session).

On another note, the 1.8GHz cells in my leafy eastern suburb now have very large hopping sequences - eg from channel 710-730.

Optus were also the first to provide coverage at all underground railway stations in Australia (which is really only Sydney and Melbourne), and there is a proposal for coverage along all of the rail tunnels, not just the stations.

Comment

Central Station and the Valley Centre Plaza (Brunswick Street Station) in Brisbane now have Optus in-building coverage, and there's talk of the two main rail tunnels being covered as well (Brunswick St - Central and Central - Roma St).

The new road tunnels in Brisbane (Nundah and Inner-City bypasses) are already laid with leaky coax ;)
              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
                Central Station and the Valley Centre Plaza (Brunswick Street Station) in Brisbane now have Optus in-building coverage, and there's talk of the two main rail tunnels being covered as well (Brunswick St - Central and Central - Roma St).

The new road tunnels in Brisbane (Nundah and Inner-City bypasses) are already laid with leaky coax ;)
                Is there coverage at the rail platforms? I didn't realise Brisbane had an underground railway. I've been on both Melbourne & Sydney's underground railways and there has been coverage at stations but not in the tunnels - however apparently the Airport-Central link in Sydney has coverage along the tunnels on Optus.

Comment

Working...
                X