Nokia 5110 Radiation levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nokia 5110 Radiation levels

I just got off the phone after talking to Mr. Tweak for the best part of 40 minutes, and my head is hot!!! :flames:

I know Nokias have the highest radiation emissions of any GSM mobile brand, and I have EFR enabled (better speech quality but further increasing radiation), and both sides of my head feel really, really hot! No headache or anything, just hot (microwave radiation is supposed to do that)

Does anyone have a link to radiation levels of common GSM handsets? I'd be most interested to read it (I am studying RF energy and antenna design next semester at college) :)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Sorry but don't know any site's but my old philips savvy did the same thing to me, the way I fixed the proble phone to my mum m was gave my **** phone to my mum, and brought a Nokia 3330:D

Comment

The 3330 actually has a higher radiation level than the Savvy..... internal antenna :eek:

Comment

OK, found out that the 5110 has a SAR (Specific Area Absorption) rate of 0.37W/KG, its big brother the 6110 has a rating of 0.29W/KG. For the record, the Motorola V8088 has a rating of 0.02W/KG, and the Nokia 3210 has a rating of 1.09W/KG. :eek:

Of course lower ratings mean lower radiation levels ;)

Comment

Maybe your subconcious is angry 'cause you were on the phone for 40mins and it knows your bill is gunna be huge.

Hence the hot head. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
            its big brother the 6110 has a rating of 0.29W/KG.
            GOOD!!! FRY MY SISTERS BRAIN :devil: :devil win .....
            oh... hang on.... who's gonna cook the food??... damn... ok... don't fry my sisters brain then :(
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0
              Maybe your subconcious is angry 'cause you were on the phone for 40mins and it knows your bill is gunna be huge.

Hence the hot head. :D

Ever heard of 'yes' Time? Just hang up after 19:50 and call again

Doesn't cost me a cent :toung:

Comment

The 3330 gets hot but not my head figure that one out?

Comment

The 3330 fires radiation out the back - internal antenna. Your hand would get hot after a while, depending on how you held the phone. The phone will get hot because it is being affected with the same radiation - just like after you remove a bowl from your microwave :)

Comment

Couple of links

Futurist Keynote Speaker Patrick Dixon: 15m unique visitors, 9m video views. Ranked one of 20 most influential business thinkers alive. Author 17 Futurist books on Future Trends. Futurist speaker and Advisor to >400 of world's largest companies. Chairman Global Change Ltd. Highly customised, very interactive, entertaining Futurist presentations, every industry, >50 nations.

Mine happens to be a Ericsson T28 World GSM 1.49W/KG :eek:

Comment

I thought you had a T20e Moose? :confused:

Or did you upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
                        I thought you had a T20e Moose?

Or did you upgrade?
                        Upgraded :p

Comment

Working...