My No Offence Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nervagent55
    im not the only one felling it - anyone who i know who i had read all this thinks that something is definatly biased when your name is fa-mas - can you set your love of mgs2 aside for a clear look at the state of gaming in general? didnt ffx leave a real bad taste in your everything compared to well 7 8 or 9 for that matter?

and how come pc gaming had the best turn out this year at e3
    and wheres that grand list of all the 'next generation' console titles that are 'everybody must own' games
    I'm too tired to respond to all that, so i'll just take these two paragraphs...

First, bias aside, FA-MAS raised a lot of points about other games, so he's not basing all this on MGS alone... And I prefered FFX over 7,8 and 9 myself. That's one of the main reasons I bought a PS2.

PC gaming had the best turnout, because most of the developed population own PC's. This is basically due to the fact that PC's are multipurpose, whereas consoles are basically for games and games alone. Also, the whole 'everyone must own' game thing is a load of crap. We've already decided that different people have different tastes, so there's no such thing as a universally pleasing game.. Some people will get it, some won't... It's just that some games are more widely liked than others.. they appeal to a broader community...

Comment

Right Beefy! Different strokes for different folks. I like what I like & really could care less what anyone else likes. They should have fun where they find it. Some mindless games are what suit me at times. Sometimes I want to create a universe and sometimes I just want to blow everything up that gets in my way.

Comment

sorry

Comment

don't be sorry. you didn't do anything wrong. you're just stating what you see...

Comment

Let me start off by saying that I cannot believe I read everyones posts..hehe.

Gaming is gaming, wether you play on console or PC. I play on both. I started with the Atari (when I was three) to NES, to SNES, Playstation1, to N64, and PC in between all of those. And you know what......they all played games.

This arguement or debate is like saying which color is better: red or blue or purple or orange or etc. There is no wrong or right answer, just personal opinion.

Personally, I think the next generation consoles have been a big disappointment. All the companies spent too much time focusing on the hardware of the system and not the software. More hype then quality.

But whatever. It is what you like...and if you like it, enjoy it!:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by saidin

Personally, I think the next generation consoles have been a big disappointment. All the companies spent too much time focusing on the hardware of the system and not the software. More hype then quality.
              cheers:
              that about sums up how i feel - and from fourth quarter 2001-present - title for title pc gaming has grown more and shows more promise for the hard earned cash spending future:shoot3:

oh and thanks saidin - ive felt as though i was swimming upstream on this subject:thumb:

Comment

hehe

Comment

METAL GEAR SOLID OWNZ!!!!!! o wait FFX OWNZ ASWELL!!!!!

That experience system they had was badass with the unlocking and steps ...genius
                  - Damien

Comment

i only used the standard sphere grid, and that was complex enough.. haven't looked at the other one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by FA-MAS
                      the level of the detail still doesn't come close to what consoles provide. On your PC, it's not good that you're taking more power to put more on the screen and basically "squeeze" the pixels together. It's still the same level of detail. Just "squished" to look crisper. I know those aren't techinical terms, and the that the actual pixels don't move. But you get what I mean.
                      well that would be no - im confused as to how socom has more detail compared to a quake iii based game like soldier of fortune ii- it doesnt - the draw distance polygon counts and evertyhing else down to the textures is LESS:shoot3:
                      and mgs2 and ffx are worthy and in the 10 must buy titles for ps2 - like ssx - gran turismo 3 - onimusha - devil may cry - tekken tag - gta3 - maybe even freakstyle

Comment

i forgot the madden series,thps3,stunman mabye

Comment

your right there nervagent, the ps2 dosnt have that many great games out right now but maybe later,but all i know is that computers are the sh#@ right now.havin fun playin cs,sof2,mafia,swjk2

Comment

woo hoo another true-believer fans:shoot3: :cheers:

Comment

Make that ANOTHER true beliver of the PC! HE! HE! (not really) Look...I know that a lot of people feel that a playstation 2 will outdo any PC.... And then you have those that believe that a PC will smoke a standalone box!! THEN you have the "chip wars" among PC users themselves! AMD(I have one....an amd athlon xp 2000) or the intel pentium series. Some say AMD will smoke a pentium and others say it is the other way around.....IT ALL GOES BACK TO WHAT BEEFY SAID ABOUT OPINIONS! Not everyone should be forced to believe that his (or her) gaming platform is a "one size fits all"!! IT IS NOT! It is about personal choice. And even though I may not agree with your choice....I have to respect your reasons for making that choice. Some people don't want to give the extra cash for a nice PC, or want to... but can't afford it! Some would just rather play a playstation 2 because for gaming, they grew up with a playsation and play better on one! And then some just prefer the PC and then some have BOTH platforms! I have a playsation 2, a PC..... and I am soon getting a gamecube BECAUSE that is the ONLY platform the new RESIDENT EVIL series will be on! So you see, I have two gaming platforms and willing to chunk in money for a third....I just like to play the games on WHATEVER system they are written for! I say that just as long as the game has DECENT graphics and sound and a good storyline and is playable is all that you can really ask from any game manufacturer.
                              Here are my specs:
                              System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

My eyes hurt now lol. Everyone had their good points but it's all preference.

Comment

Working...
                                X