X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. C
    The last console I had my hands on was ColecoVision:eek:
    only console i have ever owned was an atari 2600:eek:
    oh and i had a playstation for a day. returned it and got a 3d card instead:D

Comment

PS2

The best console I have ever played. And what are you people talking about, when it comes to games, PC's suck. At least you don't have to tweak a PS2 to actually get the game to work

Comment

My view on consoles is if all you want to do is play games, buy a console. If 50% or less of your time is spent on games, then a PC is a better option :)
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

it's kinda hard for people to pick the BEST console at the moment, mainly cos here in aus, we don't have the gamecube / xbox yet... so i'd have to stick with ps2.

Comment

:eye: If you like PC so much, then why don't you tell an administrator/moderator to add it to the list, eh?

Comment

Because as a courtesy to those who started a thread, we try not to add items without their consent. From your tone, it appears that this is a foreign concept?
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

I am glad to see that the policy you speak of Darthtanion has been carried over to the new forum:thumb:

Just one of the things that add up to make TweakTown a "trusted site".
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

X-Box 0wnz

Comment

You know my answer. GameCube damnit.

Comment

Still have my original atari 2600, the original nintendo and the original sega mega drive, all of which don't work atm, does anyone know of a place in Sydney Aus, that could repair them? Oh and the kids really like the playstation one they have as well

Comment

I say X-box but i prefer PC!

Comment

I can't believe you guys... the ps2 is by far the best console in my view... well actually the xbox is sort of built like a computer.... hey it is microsoft and the gamecube was built with help from ibm... the ps2 isn't a true console either though... but all that aside... the gamecube is the weaker sister here.... i mean it has been made into a childs toy... the xbox on the other hand belongs in the home of a giant(if you've seen it you'll know what i mean) both the console and the controllers are huge... the buttons aren't mapped out well and what were they thinking about requiring people to buy the software for the dvd player. and don't believe what they say about it coming with ready to use multiplayer function. first of all you still have to buy the software for that too and i don't even think they have that developed yet. also you'll probably have to subscribe to some sort of service. The ps2 is state of the art slightly cheaper than the xbox and well designed structurally. Comes with ready to use dvd and will feature broadband and dial up connection later for a price though:cry: if you have a computer you don't need this though... anyways... ps2 has the most and best games... happy gaming and computing...

but really why ask this question on a computer web site:?:

Comment

GameCube is not a childs toy. It is a dedicated gaming console. None of that other all-in-one BS. That statement "GameCube is a childs toy" is the only thing that angers me worse.

I do know what you mean about the size of the X-BOX, It's freakin gigantic.

Remember tho, the gamecube was desinged as a gaming console only. From the ground up. Don't try to compare specs. They don't compare well with different numbers coming from the the creators of these consoles. Sony and Microsoft give unrealistic numbers. Nintendo gives real-world numbers.

The GameCube's controller is altogether the same size but mapped out better. And like I said earlier it is so well designed, that you forget you are using it, the same goes for the PS2 controller. Unlike the X-BOX controller.

The argument that Nintendo puts out games for their system that seem "childish" is a bunk argument. It's all up to the creators to decide how they make games. Unfortunately some developers think the same as you and only put out childish games on the console. Whereas the GameCube could handle a more "grown-up" game. I mean it's not like there's something wrong with the console that would make it play childish games only. All I can say is that I am waiting for the Perfect Dark Sequel, Eterhal Darkness and a few others that I can't remeber because I'm half asleep.

I also agree that the PS2 has the most good games out there. But the GameCube and X-BOX have only been out for 2 1/2 months. The library for PS2 wasn't that hot at the beginning either.

Plus, read my comments here.

All I say is: don't be a fan of the console, be a fan of the game. The consoles are a means to get those games. Go where the good game is.

So far, the good game is not on X-BOX, It is howerver on PS2 and GameCube.

Comment

Hey sorry about that... didn't mean to be so rude about the gamecube. I agree with what you say about the games. I mean the star wars game for it is definitely not childish (sorry i forget the actual name) and the gamecube isn't without it's defining features, it does have an option to come with it's own screen thus making it portable similar to ps1. Not to mention that it is a fraction of the size of ps2 and practically invisible compared to xbox. my biggest complaint about the system is not that it isn't capable of playing mature games, i know it can. It's that it's look is so childish, i must say that that is do to the colour scheme, no offence intended. I suppose the black version will improve this, but i have yet to see it. The best part about the game cube is that it's cheap compared to xbox and ps2... sorry about that... but i still think ps2 is the best system.

Comment

Well its a common view that the Game Cube is a 'childish' system, with its less gory game content (with the exception of those just named). I thought we were asking what was the best Console, not the best game, though...

My vote is still to spend my entire fortune on upgrading my computer : ) Show me a version of Q3A on a console that beats Q3A on some of the systems we have around here, and I'll probably have a heart attack..
                                Chris "Raven"
                                News Crew - TweakTown
                                <!--
                                <font size=1>
                                <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                                - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                                - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                                - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                                </font>
                                // -->
                                "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Working...
                                X