New Video Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video Games

I have been playing Q3 arena for a while now and am starting to get bored of it. The online community seems to be dying, its tough to find servers, and there are a limited number of servers. so whats next. I dont like counter-strike anymore, its too slow, and i hear UT2003 isnt nearly as good at the originol. Any suggestions on the next great online FPS or any that someone particularily enjoy?

The Q3 Online community is dead because of UT2003. Go out and buy it now, whoever said it isnt good as the original is probably one of the few people that still play quake 3. Counter Strike is for kids under 12 or people with the maturity level of a 12 year old. After you buy UT2003 buy planetside, you can get pre-payed cards at local game store. what a brilliant f@#%ing idea!

Comment

The greatest online fps so at the moment..........UT2003. The greatest of this year .......UT2004:thumb:

Comment

No, Doom3 will be 2003 Game of the Year.

But if you are looking for some Q3 mods, the mod communitys are far from dead (and won't be for years) CCTF (Classic CTF for Q3) is my favorite online multiplayer.

---

But as far as the future is concerned, Doom3 will be the most substantial step forward since Quake1, which was the most substatial FPS step forward ever.

There will be hoards of FREE online multiplayer D3 mods, and at least 10 professionally made mods based on D3 available for sale in the next 3 years.

---

And sorry to say, but UT2003 has a poorly copied Q3 engine, with just larger texture files. For a game released 3 years after Q3, you'd think the minimum system requirements would go up? and anyone got the minimum specs for 2004? Its just an add on right? An add on that you have to PAY for? Booo.

Q3 (released Nov 24 1999) minimum vid card = TNT class card with 16 MB or higher
        UT2003 minimum vid card = TNT2 class card with 32 MB or higher

And graphics aren't everything, but my point is that it gives you a true look at the quality of the game engine, and the average player (far from enthusiasts - which means every lamer and their brother).

So I'd say try some of the free Q3 mods, www.planetquake.com and then sit back and wait for the real deal, Doom3. If you are impressed by UT2003, omg just you wait.

Comment

yea doom 3 is gonna be great. cant wait. too bad its gonna take a half hour to beat.

WHAT ABOUT HALF LIFE 2??????????????

Comment

too bad its gonna take a half hour to beat.
            True, but thats something all single player FPS's suffer from. Thats why multiplayer is the holy grail. Mind vs Mind, at breakneck speed.

Comment

Get America's Army. It's free, uses the Unreal engine (like UT2003) and is fantastic online.
              My Machine

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                UT2003 minimum vid card = TNT2 class card with 32 MB or higher.
                Have you tryed playing the game with a vid card like that?? :rolleyes2

Damn the game isn't playable even with the recomended specs, I feel sorry for folks who buy the UT2k3 beliving the specs that are given will be enough.. The game manufacturor should be ashamed for fooling people into buying their game when they don't have a system with enough speed to play it.. :mad:

But I really love the game though, as long as you got the right system for it UT2k3 rocks..!

Half Life 2 and Doom3 will be two of the BIG titles of this year. Have you seen the amazing movie trailer of Half Life? God damn now we geting somewere! Cinematic graphics is really getting closer..!

When I came home from work the other day someone had sent me an absolutly amazing high res quicktime clip of the gameplay in Half Life 2.

If someone is interested just dl an ftp client and pm me and I will hook ya up with an account. Be sure though to have some bandwith left cause the file is quite big. Approx 600 Mb.

Comment

I know someone who works for EA as a games tester. They have to test the games on high end machines and then on slower machines. Apparently they then take the lowest it'll run on then knock it back abit. I guess its to make more money.

Comment

Oh man I hate that, imagine all those poor people who isn't so good on computer stuff.. Tricking them into buying software they can't use.. :mad:

Comment

Tweaker! By no means am I suggesting you USE the minimum requirements, but I am simply useing them as a comparrison of the graphics engine. And with Q3 having been released at the end of 1999, UT2003 should require something a bit more powerful than a TNT2. For three years difference, Why even release UT2003, Q3 has been there and done that.

epic is still just trying to catch up, and they are two years behind.

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                        Tweaker! By no means am I suggesting you USE the minimum requirements, but I am simply useing them as a comparrison of the graphics engine. And with Q3 having been released at the end of 1999, UT2003 should require something a bit more powerful than a TNT2. For three years difference, Why even release UT2003, Q3 has been there and done that.

epic is still just trying to catch up, and they are two years behind.
                        Well in my opinion Q3 sucks grassroots. While the ut2k3 is quite awesome when it comes to the gameplay..

Comment

Working...
                        X