Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Folding@Home Team - Project Tweakers (Team #63)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Folding@Home Team - Project Tweakers (Team #63)

Never had any problems myself... Which version are you running? You should use the Console version and install it as a service. I have actually heard of people having problems with the console open when trying to play games. If you are using the console so that you can see it, switch to the version that installs as a Windows service.

Comment

I am not sure what version it is... The one that has a little gear or flower lookin thing in the system tray, it also has a screensaver option I believe it is the console version.

I can not run games while the icon is in the tray or the process is running.

Comment

Then you have the GUI. You should be using the Console version anyway as it should perform slightly better. Try this and install Folding as a service. Install it in the same directory as your current version and get rid of the old version to keep doing the same work. If that doesn't work, it could be a driver issue. I know of smeone who had problems with Folding running when using a certain version of Catalysts, so we can look into that as well.

Comment

Does the console version run in the tray so that I don't have an annoying window open all the time?

Comment

No, but you can have it run as a Windows service, in which case you won't see it at all.

Comment

Can you tell me hoe to do that, I wont be able to do it tonight though, I have to go out as of now.

Comment

I could have sworn I already did.... I even gave you the exact download link. It shouldn't be too hard to install.

Comment

Well it wasent hard to install, I just dont get how to install it as a service. All it does is run in a dos window, and if I close the window my used CPU pecentage goes back to 0% so I know that it is closed, and not folding.

Comment

When you install it, it asks you if you want to install it as a Windows Service. Choose yes, and when you're done, clsoe the Windows and restart the computer. You'll never see it again.

Comment

Thanks I got it now. Games work too.

Comment

Yep - the "no nonsense" console is the one to use - glad to hear its workin' out for you! :)

Comment

When I had to reset the bios on my motherboard, I forgot to reset the clock in XP and I finished three WU's in the time between the reset and when I figured out the month said september and it is november. So I just checked my rating and it should say I have 6 Wu's finished while the site thinks I only have 3, would the fact that the months were skrewed up have anything to do with the WU's not showing up?

Comment

I dont think it would. as far as I know, the WU is sent no matter what date is on it. It might have been sidelined as corrupt, but it would still show up, even if it only gave you a couple of points.

Comment

Seems to me that there is not a lot of change going on in the points and WU's is anyone accualy folding?

Comment

Never mind I stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
                                X