No announcement yet.

Helpful Links for "Farmers."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently found this SETI@home Guide, while researching something else.

There is a line in there "...and set the 24hr clock check box too if you prefer your time notation in a form confusing to americans." I love it! Makes me think of one of my favorite songs by the British rock group The Clash. Entitled "I'm So Bored with the USA." I'll bet no one has had the guts to air it on radio, here in the US, since September 11, 2001. I'm sure there aren't too many Americans who get the point.
    :-(

Comment

people seem to have some very odd perceptions of us americans

Comment

You mean you DONT have that checked on? :confused:
        I always had that thing.
        BTW the only americans that wouldnt be confused were the miltary people as its called MilitaryTime here:shrug:
        Anyway, its15.50 here and i need to upload some WUs :laugh:

Comment

I'm not mililtary, and I've never had a problem with it. It makes more sense than the 12-hr format. Same is true for the metric system. Just because it might be the standard here doesn't mean we all abide by it. This is an awfully big country to be making assumptions. :)

Comment

my appologies. I shouldnt have said "only" but "average joe sixpack"

Comment

I've seen screenys like the one below used by the Folding@home team members, but I could not find the source. So I decided to dig into it and finally found it at: Folding @ Home Stats.

There is another Team stats page at: Folding@Work, but it is a bit limited. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by elrado1
                I've seen screenys like the one below used by the Folding@home team members, but I could not find the source. So I decided to dig into it and finally found it at: Folding @ Home Stats.

There is another Team stats page at: Folding@Work, but it is a bit limited. IMO.
                yes, us folding guys are all too familiar with those sites :)

btw, you know you could have asked, I'd willingly part with the url's

:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                  yes, us folding guys are all too familiar with those sites :)

btw, you know you could have asked, I'd willingly part with the url's

Oh no, that would have been too easy. You know, the hunt is half the fun. You never know what you might learn along the way. Kind of like looking up a word in the dictionary. I often learn 3 or 4 new words on the way to finding the one I meant to look up. :wave:

Comment

fair enough, too bad more people are not like that :)

Comment

I know. I've seen a lot of "Please do a search before starting a thread like this. This question has been answered several times already." or some such statement as that. : omg:

Comment

Here's a shot of my monster, 3 layers tall, runs Overclockix for the OS. I used 6-32 threaded rod,nuts, and plastic washers. 3 in a stack and 3 in box's for now.:cool::cheers:

Comment

Oyerclockix live CD.
                          He's working on 2 new ISO's. The first is going to be Jollix, a Gentoo based LIVE cd, then a Knoppix 3.4(with the new kernel, jollix also)

the Knoppix cd should be good for PXE netboot, ill keep ya posted.

Comment

very nice waynebot, very nice indeed :D

Comment

Originally posted by waynebot
                              Here's a shot of my monster, 3 layers tall, runs Overclockix for the OS. I used 6-32 threaded rod,nuts, and plastic washers. 3 in a stack and 3 in box's for now.:cool::cheers:
                              Ah. now I can see the pics. Looks good waynebot. What are the specs on the monster? Is this a diskless-boot? Do you really need the opticals? What mobo's, cpu's, mem, os? That kind of thing. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah, hey no problem, specs:

Motherboard= MSI KM4M-L x3
                                Ram= Kingston 333, 256mb x3
                                CPU= XP2500 x1, XP2800 x2
                                CDRom= Liteon 52x x2, used slower x? x1
                                PSU= no name 300w x3
                                OS= Overclockix Live CD
                                UPS= APU back-up 470w
                                KVM= Zonet 4 port x1, Belkin 2 port

Im not using netboot yet, i have the hardware, the mobo's have the boot ROM's, and the software is out there but i dont have the know-how to make it all work yet. That new ClusterKnoppix ISO may be just what im looking for whenever its ready.

I like to use a KVM because i can go into the BIOS if i need to and i can check and see if anything is locked-up and stuff.

The UPS is because no hdd, so if they go off they get wiped out.

Comment

Working...
                                X