No announcement yet.

What type of Car do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the best was the logic that a 3.0L motor must be a racing motor since they use the same motor size in stock car racing, or whatever they said.

Comment

ya and I especially like the line right after that....

I checked the HP rating at a site somewhere and found out that a taurus actually has 140HP but I'm gonna pretend that's a typo since the 1 key is so close to the 6.

and once again I apologize for arguing like this.......I do like european cars its japanese cars that I just don't care about but hate them when people soupe them full of steroids and fake power (no pun intended). However your little line "I like to make fun of F-bodies" that just got me started. Even though I got started I didn't have much of an argument.

Comment

I shouldn't have said "make fun" that was a little too harsh.

But if you notice throughout this whole thing i never said i'd buy a japanese car and "soupe" it up with "steroids". Thats not something i think is cool. But you cant hate em. They do get going pretty fast, and in many situationos, faster than any car we've ever owned. So just keep your mind open about stuff and dont call it "fake" power. That'll get your ass kicked if you go to race nites, cruise nites, car shows, or anything else with someone bigger than you that likes NOS, turbos, and Hondas.

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
          rockandchelle I like the Camaro more becuase the front of it is just outright gorgious! I like the back of the firebird more though. But they are both the most nicest bestest beautifulest cars on the planet. And I won't pick anything over them. EVER!
          OH! Now i understand why you got so mad...

Comment

oh ya......I mean I'll give them there respect for turning a regular economy road car into a 10 second car. I'll do that right now..

but as for getting my ass kicked. As of now I have the entire racing crew in bakersfield california that literally wants to kill me for fighting with them online. They were messing with me with hackers and stuff like that. Luckily I guess I made friends with one of them. But that's how I know that they want to kill me.

But some of thsoe rycers really PISS me the hell off like in lunch the other day I was talking with some friends and about 2 feet away from me there were some rycer kids talking about a camaro and I involved myself and they said something to the extent of "camaro's suck anyway its civic all the way....I'll take a stock civic over a souped up Camaro SS anyday......" omg I wanted to hit him so badly...

Comment

Originally posted by JediAgent
              OH! Now i understand why you got so mad...
              I've had people ask me questions like.......

"If you could have a Ferrari F50 or a Camaro SS BUT couldn't sell either of them what would you pick?"

I immediatly said the camaro but if I was able to sell them I would pick the ferrari and buy a nice size house and a Camaro SS to go with it.

Comment

Even thou i dont like the look of F-bodies, id rather take a stock SS over a GSR, Type-R, or RSX-R anyday. It's just so much cheaper to put a supercharger or bore into it, and meats on the back. THat'll get you launching REAL quick.

Lets just say i dont like America car quality, but its higher on my list than most japanese cars. (This is where i give props to Supra, RX-7, and Skyline owners)

Comment

Someday when im rich ill get a Ferrari 575M, or an Enzo. But that'll be right after my collection of Porsches that include every body styling and chassis number. So when my son asks what a 959 was, we wont have to get on the internet, we'll go to "Daddys" garage...

Dude you really gotta start driving other cars. If i had the choice between a F50 and a SS, id take the F50, but thats because I drove a 360 Modena once, and thats still not half the car an F50 is. Its so easy to like one thing and always choose that, i like SS's too, but c'mon, an F50. You'd have ALL the honeys in that ride.

Comment

Ill be putting together a sig with cars and comp specs, youll seen then whawt im all about...

Comment

ya even those cars I don't personally like..........however I will give "mad props" to the rotary engine. Even though GM owns the rights to it :laugh:

anyway there aren't many jap cars that really impress me. In terms of looks atleast. The supra I won't even go there cause again with the "steroids" its twin turbo. That's not true raw engine HP. That's just an engine with some mods added to it. Same goes for the 3000GT. The base model gets 140HP ok? then the next model up gets about 220. THen the VR4 AGAIN twin turbo gets 320HP. Ya I guess from your point of view is much better then the 5.7L V8 in the Camaro SS that only gets 325HP. But they detuned the engine quite a bit. Well they didn't touch the engine they just put fake dual exaust on it. The only engine that will really give respects to is the rotary and MAYBE MAAAAYBE the engine in the skyline. And even that I think runs on some steroids. or should I say "mods"...

[EDIT]

well ya that's what everyone says about the F50 vs the Camaro SS. But the thing is if I was truly offered an F50 or a Camaro....you and I both know I'm picking the ferrari right?

Comment

A japan spec version of the skyline nissan engine is twin turbo, but i still think there is a 300ish hp NA skyline engine... hmmm.

I still think its not steroids if a manufacturer designs an engine from the ground up to have twin turbos, its not like they build a motor and say "oops this doesn't have enough power, lets add some turbos..." nope, turbo motors are built with specific air intake and compression requirements, then the block has to be strong enough to maintain that much power, and the head should be in the right place to quickly move pressurized air into the cylinder... its a big complicated process to building ANY engine, the real trick manufacturers deal with that we don't is price of repair and warranties. Remember, they're in the business, we just race 'em.

[EDIT]

me too... ferrari... hmmm...

and the only reason i may choose a 325Hp 5.7L SS motor over a 320Hp VR4 Motor is weight, but then again if im racing turns, the turbo lag is gonna help me lose grip in the middle of accelerating corners, not good... so it depends, can i handle the turbo lag with less weight in precise cornering, or can i deal with more all-the-time power in a corner if im good at power-sliding...

Comment

ya that is true. So what explains a rycer and his little honda? They rebuild the engine. But once again I know that stock turbo's and supers usually suck. Usually the engine is pretty powerful. And the turbo and super is just there for a little more boost.

[EDIT]

It seems like your saying the camaro is heavier. THe 300GT weighs as much as a truck! It runs a little slower then a Z28. But ya in a motor trend article that I have of the Camaro SS vs the Mustang Cobra. It says somethign about the LS1 having alot of low end tourque that gives you the ability to really power out of corners. I've never driven a turbo (haven't driven many cars lol) and therefore have never expierienced turbo lag but do know what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
                            But once again I know that stock turbo's and supers usually suck. Usually the engine is pretty powerful. And the turbo and super is just there for a little more boost.
                            Not always. 911T push 16psi, and the stock RX-7 turbos push 12psi, and the Kompressor in a MBZ pushes 3-5psi depending on the model, and the super in a Lightning pushes 9psi. It all depends on what Turbo or Super is in the car, who makes it, and how big it is. Yes, manufacturers like to use less boost because it keeps an engine running smoother, longer, but not always. Although ive never seen a stock car with 30psi, like some of those 10sec hondas.

A Rycer rebuilds his honda so that he can use the small weight of the car he bought, but the large Hp of the engine he's making. The engine thats in the car cant handle the power he wants, to scoot that little weight into the quarter at 9sec. Its not exactly a good idea, but i understand. It's the age old difference between buying a cool car in one lump or making payments (performance one step at a time)...

[EDIT]

I was talking about engine weight. An SS 350 is alot heavier than a VR4 TT motor, assuming they are in the exact same car with the exact same suspension, there is still a decision to the engine type, becasue it determines handling characteristics...

Comment

ya......but regardless of how powerful stock turbo's are......

I don't like them not even the sound I can't stand the sound of pressure being given off out of the wastegate. Some of my rycer friends claim that is music to there ears. what?!!? Anyway I like raw engine HP. Which is why I am so quick to use the word steroid. Kind of like a steroid that a person uses to work out. He didn't do that all him/her self.The steroid assisted in it. And that's exactly what I am talking about with cars.

Another major role when it coems to cars is sound. Which is why I like a big beefy engine. Did you ever listen to those sounds that I posted higher in this thread? Those are the nicest sounds a car could give off.

Comment

A 1965 Ford Mustang....

Comment

Working...
                                X