No announcement yet.

The World's Paradox (Role-Play)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malakai saw the familair suit of armor fall out of the sky into the fight, he also saw the spoon fighter start to put it on, then the rest of the armor started to get up. Malakai decided that it was a good time to join the fight.

Unsheathing his new sword he ran at the zombies and assassins, the first few stood firm in the face of him then sanity prevailed and they began to run as their comrades began to fall like wheat before a scythe. One particular zombie annoyed him, it had a sword imbedded in it's shoulder, the mighty weapon Malakai held refused to pass smoothly through the offending blade.

He decided to solve the matter another way. At a word the sinewy roots of the sausage trees burst from the ground and brought down most of the assassins and undead around him, leaving a clear path towards ham.

Malakai's saw red as his anger rose uncontrollably, he would have his revenged if it cost him everything he had. With a roar that even gave pause to the undead he charged at ham and swung the sword with every scrap of strength he could summon...

ooc: um sean you have to admit it WAS funny when araduun got disassembled :D

Comment

OOC: Poor little seany

IC: Giladril's sword muscles had just been getting in the mood of the slaughter when suddenly the onslaught ceased with the explosion of sausage trees from the ground. it was then that the elf spotted the ball of cloth and fury bearing down on his... Ham...

With lighting reflexes Giladril side stepped, spun, launched forwards and flicked the strangers legs out from under him using the flat of his sword.

As the form fell Giladril was surprised by the speed that it was able to twist to see him standing behind, before hitting the ground on his back. Not that this mattered, reflex had taken over the elf and what the brain processed had very little relevance.
      The sword swung in an arch with the point pinning down the attackers own glowing blade. And positioning a well placed foot to pin what could now be made out as a man, Giladril began, "It would be appreciated if the fork guy wasn't harmed, you see i need him to lead me to the rest of the undead. Of course i'm not an unfair person, i don't care what you do after he has shown me the way."

The blue eyes dug deep as a reply was awaited.

OOC: Hey sean you are technically pink now arn't you?? from the paint??
      :bounce2:

Comment

ooc: Poor Seanie darling... boneless, helmetless and now bracerless. Seems like he's the perfect character to pick on.

H-ey...new smilies w00t! :woot: Groovy baby, feel the burn...:flames:

Comment

Malakai was pissed. The stupid elf with the stupid sword and the stupid stupid stupid fish riddle had knocked him down.

Now was the time to take assertive action, stretching his over utilised powers to their limits he foresaw the elfs next move. He twisted sideways as he knocked the elfs foot away then threw himself into the air. He landed cat-like and dived forwards, sheathing his arcane blade and withdrawing his poisoned blades in that instant.

Then his surroundings finally caught up with his mind, he stopped and said "Undead?", he said it agian "Undead?", then he yelled "thats it!!!". He didn't need to kill ham after all, he could re-animate Balshazaar. He turned to see the elf staring at him stonily, he spoke again "um, sorry?".

Whatever, the elf could wait, Balshazaar's spirit beckoned. With a final cry both ham and the spoon fighter converged on the last standing assassin, he wasn't standing for long. They all turned and faced one another, "now what?" Malakai asked.

ooc:ben did that riddle even have an answer?

Comment

Vespertine lay sprawled out over the soft mud, flecked with small bits of loose dirt. She was drooling out a small puddle of violet blood, stopped over a minute ago. Her sword arm was still tightly gripping Vector, as he shaked vigourously to get free from his unconscious companion. Success! He managed to wriggle loose and slowly hovered the tattered form. He observed the battle that was raging behind him and started glowing a light red.
            "Too bad you aren't awake for this, you would have loved it." he sadly grated. He wheeled around in the air making some fancy cartwheels and bobs as though handled by an expert.

"I'm gonna get things a bit safer for now." With that, he shimmered with a radiant glint and molded his form to match that of an adult Black Dragon, his intimidating appearance matched his
            formidable size. Towering over the scant contents of the whole town, he gave off a sharp hiss at the brawling crowds.
            "Hey! Shut up! The lady is trying to sleep here!" At the mere sight of the swamp lizard, most of the attackers fled in terror. At his stern warning the rest got confused, but ran off all the same. To make sure his presence was known, he outstretched his great wings and made a dark shadow flutter across the moon, like some great bat. The beast flashed for a few moments, and shifted into a heavily armoured humanoid, decked in black-laquered full plate mail. He was a titan of metal, his face enclosed in a full helm, complete with red eye sockets and wispy smoke coming from the grill. He strode over to the young dark elf and hefted her on his shoulder.

Looking around, he noticed that there were a few scant fighters who were stuck in awe at the shapeshifting phasm. It was not every day a sword would change into a dragon, into an adamantite golem. As he walked past the ragged bunch, he noticed the brutish ogre from the bar. Raising his left arm, he balled his fist and jerked his middle finger at him. Passing by, he decided it would be best to find a place of shelter. The streets weren't very busy, so it was interesting to find a young man staring into a darkened alleyway. Curious, he made a little distance behind him and had a look too. The alleyway contained that idiot of an orc and he had once again dragged the blue-haired woman into it. The boy looked like he meant business with that big book of his. Why, he could clout the big freak on the nose. Vector wasn't looking to abandon his master, but couldn't bring himself to leave the boy alone with jerkface, so he decided to wait and see what would unfold.

Comment

OOC: Hey um Mathew, could you explain what just happened in you last post. My interpretation is a bit fuzzy (ie I have no idea what happened, especially in that last paragraph) Just a quick explanation would help quite a bit.

BTW If i knew the answer to the riddle I wouldn't have to ask everyone what the answer was, would i.

Comment

ooc: Paul's character and Simon's character are on a killing spree? ...I think Mathew's character is trying to find a way to revive Balshazaar. Poor thing.

Comment

The knife glanced harmlessly off Ogiratems coat, and then young Adele fell totally unconcious, her head falling onto his hand, eyes rolled upwards, Ogiratem's upper lip curled up and he threw her to the ground, weak humans! Adele bounced on the ground, as Ogiratem knelt down beside the girl, reaching back into his coat with a tight lipped face splattered on his face.....that side of his personality was awful, damn un-couth orcish, macho foolish-ness!

He was pulling the vial from a pocket when he heard a quiet voice beside him, "Hey Oggy, miss me?.... Hey what are you doing to Adele..?", Ogiratem turned his reflective glare over to the young man that stood with a goofy smile, the book held snuggly under one arm, "You! Where did you run off to? Little fool, don't you realise how dangerous these parts are?" The young man had walked a little closer to hover an inquistive eye over the sleeping form of Adele....Ogriatems spare hand flew out breifly, lifting the boy off the ground and carried him a bit closer to where Ogiratem kneeled..."Never leave my side again, you don't want to be caught by yourself in this city....there are some strange folk around," With a glance over the boys shoulder, Ogiratem noticed a large soilder in heavy armour standing at the end of the alley, down the direction the boy had come from, Ogiratem nodded his head towards the man, "Folk like THAT guy could prove to be quite a bother if you got on their bad side........trust me!"

Ogiratem turned back to the girl and finished with-drawing the veil from his coat, he was leaning in to put the veil under the girls nose again when a strong sizzling noise arose from his other side, it quickly erupted into a roar and a bolt of strong electricity ploughed into his hand, blowing him backward off his feet and into the opposite wall of the alley, where he slid to the ground, shaking his head painfully. "Ogiratem, dear friend......did your mother never tell that it is quite rude to strike a woman, let alone to strike a fellow warrior whilst they are down...." 'Sir' stepped from the dust at the other end of the alley, waving a hand to where Ogiratem laid on the ground, he made a heli-copter motion in the air with one perfectly manicured finger and then waved his hand towards his face.

A look of pleading terror crossed Ogiratem's face before he shook his head and screamed as he lifted off the ground, his arms pressed tightly to his side, he floated as if he were nothing more then a feather in the air to 'Sir's' side. 'Sir' pointed one finger down at the girl, "Now what did you do? You choked her into unconciousness did you?" If you were watching under the high collar of Ogiratem's coat, you would have seen his throat compress to nothing more then a large coin in diameter, a long scream echoed from Ogiratem's condensed throat as his 'attacker' continued talking calmly, "Now....how long did you do this for? Hmmmm....it was about...." Ogiratem's throat compressed a little more annd a fresh burst of screaming rose even louder, "10 steps shall we say? And i would say for you....that would be about now? Wouldn't you?" a struggled nod forced itself along Ogiratem's neck, 'Sir' raised an eye-brow at the orc that was floating in mid air.

"Am i not mistaken that you ALSO threw this poor girl to the ground....with quite a bit of force as soon as she had passed out? Wouldn't you call that a little rude?" Holding the staff in one arm while he leaned on it...he raised his other hand and pointed at one wall of the alley and then pointed at the opposite one...Ogiratems eye's followed the finger with fear locked into them, his throat although un-compressed, he had just enough time to suck in a lung-full of air before he moved, Ogiratem closed his eyes and clenched his teeth when he hit the wall, but he couldn't hold back the groan when he pummeled face first into the opposite wall.....his captor now brought his long finger downwards to the bottom of the wall, Ogiratem seemed to disappear when the acceleration hit, the bottom of the wall exploded and as the rubble and dust settled a groaning form of Ogiratem showed itself, mangled and ripped in the midst of a pile of rubble.

With a shake of his head 'Sir' turned to face where the sleeping form of Adele, with little thought he changed hands on his staff and brought it down and rested the gem on the end of it on the forehead of the girl, her eyes flicked open as her body glowed a brillaint white color. As she sat up and looked around 'Sir' held out a hand to her to help her to her feet, "Sorry my dear Adele, did that brute hurt you? I must apologise....."

:smokin:

Comment

"You! Where did you run off to? Little fool, don't you realise how dangerous these parts are?" Origatem starting on his lecture, "Never leave my side again, you don't want to be caught by yourself in this city....there are some strange folk around". Under his breath Bhren said "Der, this is my home... I never needed you before" Ogiratem completely ignoring him, looked over his shoulder at a strange form at the end of the alley,
                    "Folk like THAT guy could prove to be quite a bother if you got on their bad side........trust me!"

Bhren looked at Ogiratem with raise eyebrow then at the lone figure at the end of the alley. Thinking to himself "Trust you Oggy, I don't think so. And that guy doesn't look like a bother, maybe a little omnious but an inqusitive omnious" Looking at the armour clad being, he seemed harmless with his head on a slight tilt observing them like a small child. If not for Ogiratem's overprotective nature Bhren had an urge to approach the knight.

Turning back to Ogiratem, he looked strange, staring wide-eyed at his hand. **CRRAAACK** Ogiratem was thrown across the ground, Bhren being knocked into the alley wall by the flying man. Bhren stumbling back to his feet, looked straight at the strange figure at the end of the alley who was still just standing there observing motionless. Suddenly he heard talking from the opposite direction, turning his head, another omnious figure stood muttering things to Ogiratem.

In wizard like fashion, the Staved man waving his hand throwing his hands around and Ogiratem in his entirity followed, being thrown from ground to wall and back again. In the poor man-orc's defense Bhren prepared to frisbee his book but in a brief pause he remembered his clicking jaw. Tucking his book back under his arm, Bhren stood back and watched on with a slight grin.

With Ogiratem laying out cold in a heap, the staved stranger attended to Adele. Bhren looked around in amazement, "WOW!! that was cool." The new stranger seemed to be oblivious to him, so stepping on and over Ogiratem's limp body, Bhren approached the original armoured stranger... "Hey!... Whats your name?"

Comment

• As the huge half-orc crashed a few scant metres in front of Vector, he flicked his hidden eyes up at the weird mage who had mysteriously appeared before the blue-haired girl. He was about to inspect, but he noticed he had something else to deal with first.
                      He watched as the little man walked before him, his huge tome firmly slung under his arm.
                      He quizzically asked ."Hey...What's your name?"
                      Vector lowered his head to get a better view of the awe-struck fellow. Some light steam puffed out of his visor as he maintained his grasp on Vespertine.
                      "My name is Vector, and this here is Vespertine." he replied in his normal voice, which hardly suited the appearance he had taken. He pointed to the limp body of the dark elf, she was beginning to fall out of her massive armour. She began burbling some incoherent gibberish in her sleep as Vector lowered her to the ground, laying her down next to the wall he stood against.
                      "You said that you live in this town. We haven't been here for long and already we have run into a bit of trouble. Vespertine doesn't appear to be faring well after her encounter with ogre here." His eyes went back to the mysterious stranger who was now addressing the woman from before. There was something he did not trust in the situation, but he decided not to interfere just yet. He returned his gaze to the boy, his eyes a soft glowing green.
                      "This town appears to be swarming with unsavouries. It would be best to move quickly." Vespertine tilted her head in apparent acknowledgement, her eyes were closed tightly.
                      "Would you happen to know where we can find medical aid in this town? We'd greatly appreciate your help."

Comment

• That was Ham's first battle against undead, it was also rather embarrassing as it took several neck jabs to realise undead have no jugular veins.
                        Confusion lingered in the air, as his slight drunkened eyes began to make the form of four figures surrounding him at the settling of his exhilirating beserker killing frenzy, one... two looked angry.

Still battle ready, Ham charged towards the tower door, yelling a battle cry he had not completely thought of yet;
                        "TAE BORIUSUKA DO!!!!!!!!!!!!! NANANANANANANANA!"
                        Trying to look impressive, Ham leapt into the air towards the entrance, after falling face first into the ground, Ham realised he could not fly.

Ham raised his face, stained with the blood of a corpse, he decided to rush again towards the tower;
                        "YAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJJJJJIUUUU FUKU!!!!!!!!!!"

The doves and hummingbirds followed him inside.

A confused bystander shouted "BOOOO!" and threw a sausage at him.

Comment

• Adele's eyes fluttered open gently as if butterflies graced her eyelids. Her vision was excessively blurred; venting out a strange purple hue, which distorted everything. But 'he', he was something different. She peered dismally at young man who held out a compassionate hand to her. His voice almost equalled that of a harmonious choir singing against the wind. Damn, it was exhilirating! She couldn't help but feel compelled to know more about him.

She took his hand in her own, which he grasped tenderly pulling her up against him. Her body groaned and protested in weakness as she fell into him.

"No, he didn't hurt me. Who are you?"

She shook her head against his chest which she rested upon. "Don't answer that...I don't care...just...don't...let me...go."

With that she slept soundly, Ogiratem staring at her from a distance in contemptuous awe.

Comment

• "Well hey there Vector ... and Vespertine" Bhren taking step sideways and tilting his head, trying to get a better look at the limp elf. "Well theres a nice doctor who lives down street from where I live, he runs his business from home and he's fairly nice." Standing back up straight and turning his head back at the mysterious stranger with the staff, "Though before you go anywhere, I'd ask that guy if he can do anything cos he helped Adele over there with his flashy lights and that was quicker than any doctor." Turning back to Vector with a big grin on his face, "I'm gonna go ask him for help, cos Oggy, that rag doll you saw getting thrown around, he hurt my jaw too. He was doing the whirly thing with Oggy cos he hurt Adele, so if I tell him what he did to me maybe Oggy will get a round 2. Hey... i don't suppose Oggy hurt you too, maybe Oggy's in for lots of punishment" Bhren letting out an evil chuckle.

Turning around, Bhren started to walk towards the new stranger. Stopping, he turns back to Vector, "Come on Vector, don't be shy... what do you think, should we?"

Comment

• Vector took a moment to react, he was still attempting to discern the strange man's intentions. He only turned up a blank however, deciding that it shouldn't hurt to talk, especially if the game was magic. He hauled Vespertine from the ground and cradled her in his arms. Her silver locks lazily fluttered over his jet-black armour. Vector stared at her face for a moment before he signalled to the boy to go forwards.
                              "Agreed. Let's see what this man can do for us." The steam engine follwed the boy down the alley, around the bewildered half-orc, and approached the little man. He was not particularly tall, the staff he weilded was easily his taller. He noticed that the blue-haired girl had fallen asleep, though he couldn't be sure whether it was from the before events or the old mage. He couldn't shake off his suspicions of this strage man, but he let it slip for now.
                              "Excuse me sir, but we are in a bit of trouble. My friends here have been injured by your 'associate' over there and need the skills of a healer. Can you help us?" He lay Vespertine down in front of him, she still had a pained expression on her face. Vector stared down at the little man and waited for an answer.

Comment

• ooc: ok ben, Malakai is going to reincarnate his pet spider sometime soon and it wasn't meant to make sense to anyone except Malakai (he was thinking out loud)

Malakai watched ham leap into the air, then fall flat on his face, he stood up again and ran into the tower screaming something incomprehensible. Malakai shook his head, it was going to be an interesting day, he looked round at the remains of the fight. Bodies lay beaten, bruised and torn all about the courtyard, several undead had slices missing from their necks. One assassin was still moving, half hidden under a now dead? zombie, Malakai lifted him off the ground by his collar and said "tell your master that he has guests".

The frightened man hit the ground running as Malakai dropped him, the man ran towards the main door, only to hear screams coming from inside as ham ran into some guards. He wisely ducked into a side entrance.

Malakai turned back towards the others...

Comment

Working...
                                X