No announcement yet.

The World's Paradox (Role-Play)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The NERVE of that guy!" Vespertine was spluttering, she had now drawn herself onto her feet. She stared at the shapeless mass of a human as he proceeded to catch up with the victim of his attention. She couldn't even be sure he was even a human, but she knew a two things: people who harass women and their children should be taught some manners, and that it was a BIG mistake to call her weak!
    "How dare he call me a weakling! Vector, you know what to do!" she shouted to her weapon. Instantly, the foil changed into a small rock, big enough to fit in the lithe lady's hand. She hefted it in her throwing arm, and with a good whiff, sent it sailing into the back of the rude man's head. The rock changed back into a duelling blade and floated back to his companion. She snatched him up and locked him into her gauntlet. She slowly trudged forward and made some clumsy slashes with her blade.
    "OI! You there, yeah. You heard me! Get back here and tell me that to my face!" Her face was boiling with rage, her eyes were nearly churning with crimson flames. She had bared her teeth like those of a wild animal, one that paid close attention to dental hygiene and regularly flossed. She was ignoring the visible restrictions that her wall of armour afforded her, imbued with some sort of astonishing strength. She strode right up to the ugly humanoid and stared up into it's eyes, her own searching for an answer.
    "Well? Who do you think you are?" the dark elf spat out like poison.
    "Yeah, your head is really hard, like a brick! I should know because I was one once!" butted the master sword.
    Vespertine shot off her nasty gaze, you could've thought she was trying to turn him to stone with the intensity of it.
    "I'm waiting..."

Comment

Adele felt the sudden released coolness against her and calmed the inflamed skin at her elbow. She stepped back hastily.

"Don't touch me..." She whispered coldly, refusing to keep eye contact. The orc was definitely offended, but stood his ground. She looked up to see a dark skinned-elf talking to her ...sword?

Her response to the heavily cloaked man was cut short. "...I should...ah!!" She grit her teeth in pain as she quickly drew a dart from the back of her neck. Adele looked at it helplessly before falling back into to the orcs arms defenceless.

ooc: Not poisoned, but unconscious. Why me, damn helpless females.

Comment

Malakai walked into the smiths workshop and stepped in front of a man talking to the smithy and said "you know what i want". The smithy began to glance round nervously as he walked over to a cubboard and pulled out a two-handed sword. The sword was metallic green in colour and had many intricate runes inscribed upon it, the smithy handed it to Malakai "you didn't get this from me" he murmured.

Malakai held the sword out and examined the craftsmanship, well made and the runes were done properly as well, a very good sword indeed. He sheathed it amd left, he had some sushi chef to hunt.

Comment

Bhren stumbling over the huge pieces of gate wreckage climbed down into the sand of the outland. Looking around, he caught sight of small imprints in the sand, gritting his teeth Bhren ran off in the direction of the footprints.

After twenty minutes, the footprints started to fade as the winds gently blew them from the ground. "DAMN IT... damn that thing, I'll get you you little *******!!!" His cursive words echoing off the rocks and across the outland. In frustration, Bhren collapsed in the shade of a large rock formation and started to sob. Placing his book by his side, Bhren cupped his face in his hands and continued to cry openly.

Three nomadic bandits refuging in a nearby cave heard the weeping echo of the boy. The men emerged from their dwelling and jumped down from the rocks surrounding the boy. The leader of the trio spoke, "Pick him up and see what he's got on him boys." With that the two pleb bandits grabbed Bhren under the armpits lifting him off his feet. Going through his pockets one the bandits replied, "Hey boss, nothing but lint and this book 'ere" and with that he threw the leader the book.

The head nomad caught the book in time to see his friends' clothes explode from their back and their arms torn from their sockets. The two naked and armless men stumbled back and passed out in shock. The remaining bandit looked on in horror as the small boy lifted his head to reveal dark burning eyes.

"W...W..W..What in the HELL are you?!?!"

The boy opened his mouth and like a vacuum a cyclonic force wind rushed into his lungs ... his name came forth...

"..............G-BHREN................"

The intense rush ripped the bandit off his feet and briefly dragged him towards G-Bhren. The semi-submerged boy walked towards the man like the earth around him was water. The distrorted nomad scrambled to his feet and started to run off. The emotionless G-Bhren started to eminated a darkened glow, within seconds a massive surge of energy was released.

An enormous implosion ripped all matter towards G-Bhren from fifty metres away in all directions. The implosion was followed by a sound equalled by a nuclear explosion as air cracked in to fill the void. Surrounding rock formation crumbled under the force of the shockwave produced. A two metre sphere of dense matter surrounded G-Bhren, dropped and smashed into the crater floor. It slowly cracked in half and a smoking Bhren emerged as if from an egg... with book in hand.

"WHOA... that was cool!!" Suddenly it occurred to him that his transformation didn't cause him pain. Wiping some left over tears from his eyes, he crawled out of the crater. A light wind blew across his face as he looked back at the silouhette of his town on the horizon. Taking a deep breathe, Bhren started to trek back to his home town with his new found confidence.

Comment

Ogiratem gasped as Adele fell backwards into his arms, he raised an eyebrow as he heard a quiet snoring arise from the girls mouth, quickly followed by a snort, Ogiratem's eye's travelled down to her hand, and noticed a long dart that she held, putting two and two together, Ogriatem reached up with his free hand and turned her head slowly, moving the smooth hair away from her neck, and surely enough, there was a small, slowly bleeding prick in the back of her neck.

Ogiratems eyes gravitated up from the small wound, not moving his head though, looking at the other girl from beforel, she was holding a long sword in her grasp, and she seemed to be........talking to it? Then her eyes glared up into Ogiratem's, he flicked a smile breifly at her, she started screaming profanities at him, Ogiratem raised an eyebrow, "Say your weak? Well little one I must admit...you didn't SEEM to be winning that fight back there, and the UN-weak usually don't get thrown 50 meters across a field..." before Ogiratem had a chance to ask about the conversation with the sword the young Dark Elf grunted at him, and her glare got more furious.

He bodily hefted the girl higher up his arm so he could carry the girl easier, with this, Ogiratem took a step forwards, getting closer to the 'aggresive' little girl, Ogiratem studied her face breifly, wow! She was one of those Dark Elves from over the mountains, they're supposed to be pretty rare, although they aren't exactly known for their 'swordsman' skills....more of a theif then a warrior, so either this girl is a merit to her race.....or she is ignorant.

Ogiratem took another step with the neutral look, and was VERY shocked when the young Elf took a jab at him with the sword, missing him by mere centimetres, as he tryed to spin Adele out of the way as well....yep, as i thought....just ignorant.....the Dark Elf took a few more very 'loose' jabs at Ogriatem, the orc bending of moving to the side easily as the sword cut nothing more then air as it moved.

Ogiratem shook his head with disappointed, and with a fluid spin he stood calmly beside the now stunned girl that looked up at him, this time he pulled his glasses down his nose slightly with his free hand, and as he lowered it to his side, "Now little miss, what did i say about the weak fighting?" the hand at his side flew to the girls cheek like lightning, giving her a sturdy backhand, she fell to the ground, "If i ever catch you hurting anyone with out just-cause again, trust me little one, your punishment will be worse...."

As the small Dark Elf crumpled, Ogiratem turned and put Adele on the ground as gently as he could, as he looked down, he nearly left her there, standing and preparing to walk away, but as he looked down at her, he raised an eyebrow, such a strange, stubborn young creature she was! He patted his pockets and nodded, reaching down inside his collor, after a bit of rummaging in the recesses of the many pockets, his mouth twitched a smile, and he drew out a vial.

He un-wound the lid, making sure to keep it away from his face, and then knelt again beside the girl and waved the container warily under her nose and then brought it away quickly, putting the lid on and slipping it back down his coat. As his hand came back out, the girl's eye's sprung open and she sat bolt upright with a sneeze and rubbed at her nose.

"Good morning little one, how was your sleep?"

:smokin:

Comment

Vespertine was sent flailing to the ground with the shock of a broad slap across her face. Several tears welled upon her eyes from the impact, and she vigourously brushed them away before anyone could notice. She was aware that she would probably have a nasty bruise on her cheek and held her palm against it in comfort.
              As she sat rubbing her cheek, Vector decided it was time to take matters into his own hands.
              "Don't worry girl, I can handle this." Removing himself from his handler's grasp, he slowly floated over to the bloated hulk and raised his point to it's back. He steadied his aim for a bit and, as quick as an eye blink, hurtled toward the unguarded hide. Just as he was about to tear flesh, he made a sharp 90 degree turn skywards and began changing shape. He had quickly turned into a dark and heavy anvil that wavered as it's flight ability faltered. He lost his hold and fell with all the grace of a brick, directly onto the man-hulk's head. The beast lurched backwards and fell in a heap, not dead but merely sleeping. The anvil fell beside it's head and returned back to it's favoured form. The dark elf watched with glee as her sword returned to her hands, defeating the monster with little ease. Her tears were gone and she removed her hand from the purple mark on her face. She stood back up and approached the young lady who was snoozing beside the giant. With one foot heavily planted on the creature's chest, she looked down upon it's victim. She looked to be a fighter herself, with a nice set of daggers lying by her side. She was beginning to stir now, but didn't look particularly comfortable in her position.
              "Are you alright? Did this brute get you too?" she calmly queried.
              "You don't need to worry," proclaimed her sword. "He won't be hurting anyone for awhile." Vespertine gave off a slight chuckle upon hearing his words. She extended her arm out as a gesture of goodwill, with a smile beaming across her face.
              "Need a hand?"

Comment

That was the LAST straw!!! Some might think that the patience of the dead is infinite, but Araduun had just reached the end of his. PINK paint slid from his inky black armour, unable to find a purchase on its surreal form, pooling beneath his massive boots. In one fluid motion his barstool shot out from beneath him, his immense height rising above the bar as 7 feet of tempered black steel splintered the reflected light from a dozen lamps. With one solid swing the bar disintegrated, wood shards filling the air as chaos erupted. The barman had already vanished, forewarned of what was to come by that unusual prescience bartender's everywhere. And he was not wrong.

Weapons flashed in the murky air as furniture, limbs and the living all fell victim to the brawl that had erupted, the foolish and the brave charging wildly at the monster before them while others merely claimed the time to settle old disputes. None, however, could match the strength of the 9 foot abomination, as he tore the lives from men, ogres and other beats with equal ease.

From its hidden sheath down the flank of Araduun's hide emerged a massive two-handed Lochaber axe, gruesome in description and terrifying in execution. Its gigantic blade curved wickedly in grotesque arcs, with barbed hooks and sickly twisted spikes biting into the enemy from every angle. The black, floating armour swung it high, and with massive overhand strokes dismembered his closest attackers limb from limb. Its horrific shape seemed out of place amidst its graceful flight, but for the crowd inside the bar it was too much. Screams abounded in the confined room as all its occupants fled, hurtling through windows and diving out the main entrance. Patrons flooded from any exit, filling the street outside before dispersing quickly into the night.
                And there strode Araduun himself, the sea of people parting before him as he too emerged into the cool air, seeking more victims for his thirsty vengeance.

As he moved, three nearby figures struck him: a large man was sprawled on the ground and a lithe young female - dark elven by her figure - stood triumphant atop him, with another figure rising from the ground. There was something about them that drew Araduun's attention......
                It was Her!!! He noted the blue locks of her that fell over her face as she rose. It was definitely the same girl that had waylaid him earlier in the day, although now something else was amiss...
                But now he was behind them, and two heavy gauntlets descended apon the two females. A gasp of surprise sprung from the dark elf's lips as a single hand lifted her clean off the ground while the blue-haired creature was still limp. The fully awake girl's sword seemed to move of its own accord, dragging her arm around as it slid clean through the neck of her assailant.
                This raised a deep chuckle from Araduun, lightening his mood further with his victim's shocked expression. There was....NOTHING between his helmet and his shoulders!!!!!!
                Araduun's voice thundered out, "My mood is improving, lucky for you. What is going on here??"

Comment

The sound of fighting surrounded the Molchean tower as Malakai approached it in search of that spider murdering ham. Malakai had sworn to avenge the death of his friend, and ham would pay dearly for his crime.

He reconsidered the sushi aspect, no ham could be replaced by another sushi chef, Malakai would have his sushi. Then he stopped, if Balshazar was a living creature then he could be reanimated. Malakai decided to face off against ham and find out if he actually meant to kill Balshazar, in the meantime however, the figth could be enjoyed.

He rounded a bend and saw ham, the elf that told the stupid fish riddle and the spoon fighter and ham in amoungst the sausage trees. Malakai walked over to them and waited to see what would happen.

Comment

:hammer: ooc: Haha, someone's going to get pounded...

ic: "Aw...hellish damn riots! If I wasn't so... ....well, slap me me silly!" Adele sat up precariously as the young elf came to her aid. She was abruptly dropped to the ground as Vespertine's free arm forcefully pushed out towards a monstrous figure that seemed vaguely familiar.

The sword, as Adele took it had a mind of it's own and Vespertine tried almost desperately to keep in time with it's rugged pace. The result of the short-lived rage of the victim was an oversized helmet, which came off with an inward pop. It then proceeded to fall to the ground with a clang. Of course, the poor girl did nothing except stare with awe.

Adele looking down upon it blew out her cheeks and frantically tried to stifle the laugh that tried to edge it's way from her lips. Her efforts were for naught, as she let out a whimsical and equally loud laugh which reverberated despite the current war which broke out on the inside of the building. Her jovial, yet attractive laughter was again amplified at the sight of Ogiratem's body hanging limp against a broken rafter which had fallen previous to his defeat.

The blue haired maiden stared once again to the disembodied helm, she looked at the floating armour with a disdained interest.

"Araduun...darling! It is you, isn't it? We meet again. I suppose it wouldn't be the best of times to ask for a favour then? One question, what the hell happened to you?" She laughed again then examining the dark elf which had removed the helmet from bare air, otherwise known as Araduun, now nothing more then a floating piece of body armour.

"My dear..." She hugged the elf in a rushed embrace. "I should thank you for getting rid of HIM. He could easily be the bane of my existence. I feel I should need your help, both of you. Are...you interested?" Looking contemptuously at Ogiratem then she gestured to Vespertine, then Araduun.

ooc: Paul, you devious SOB. ...: party ha
                    Sean, so, now you're a floating piece of armour, now without a head? ...mental. So, I have now just said it comes off. Stupid invisible dead. That would render you invincible. Sorry about that. Put yourself together. ...Better yet, find someone to suck the life out of and possess their body :D

Comment

As Ham and the Elf rushed in to combat with the assasins Zanath sat and watched beside a burning sausage tree. Footsteps sounded behind him and he glanced around to see on of the fighters from the gates walking up with a rather shiny sword. Zanath made a note of that sword it looked kinda cool.
                      Just as he was about to go over and say hi (and see about "aquiring" the sword) there was a loud grating noise and the sewer grate in the middle of the road was pushed aside and out jumped a horde of molochean hand assasins and their zombie slaves. Who proceeded to charge into Ham and the elf.
                      Well thats more like it thought zanath and whipping out several swords from around his person charged into the back of the mob.

Comment

ooc: Hmm....considering technically i just lifted u two off the ground? =P Why do people keep having to do funny things to the 9 foot dead walking suit of armour who likes to slaughter people?? Wasn't the bar a lesson enuf? :flames:

Comment

ooc: :no: Nobody is friendly to Ogiratem, EVEN when he has already been knocked out! In the process of helping someone!! ARGH!! Who exactly hit me? I THOUGHT Wes droped an anvil on my head? When did this helmet come into it? Oh well....'someone' is going to get hurt when he wakes up:flames:

IC: As Ogiratem bent down to try and help the girl to her feet he heard from behind him some kind of manic laughter, just as he was going to turn, something clubbed down heavily on his head, forcing him to the ground with a quickly rising, ringing headache.

He pushed himself onto his elbow's, but as he got one hand to his head and prepared to rub the place where the strike had fallen on the rear of his head, he groaned and fell into darkness as he heard footsteps rush up to him quickly, another blow coming down on his hard skull before he was engulfed by the darkness of un-conciousness a ringing 'dong' fell to his ears.

Ogiratem fell backwards in the darkness, what the hell hit me? A lot of good being 'nice' does! These pathetic humans will pay when Sir get's here! Eternity seemed to stretch out in front of him and behind him, he lay lazily on his back, the pain of his head bringing him back, when the light of day seeped back through his eye-lids, his first reaction was to quickly roll onto his side, and the contents of his stomach emptied themselves on the foot-path beside him, the pain was amazing!

A large hand made its way to the back of his head and he checked for damage, there was a small hole, that was bleeding slowly, but apart from that, the blow had caused no bone damage. Wiping his mouth hurriedly with the sleeve of his coat and spitting onto the ground into disgust, his eyes immediately made themselves off the ground and looked around at the people surrounding him.....some tall ******* with a cloak, and some kind of fancy shoulder armour was standing just about right on top of him......the young Elf from before stood valiantly above the body of some 'former' attacker, that strange sword still in hand........and more abusive then anything else, the little one Adele stood to the side, having a good laugh at something.

Ogiratem pushed himself up into a 'push up position', shaking his head angrily, blood spattered on the ground where his head had lain, and with this, he brought his legs under him, the headache fading as he continued to move...letting the blood flow back into his head, whilst the hole in his head, the blood flow being brought to a quick halt, and already, the blood was drying, and closing the gap between the torn flesh.

With breifly shaking legs, Ogiratem gave himself a quick check over when he stood, and then waved all his limps from side to side, loosening up the tightened muscles. By now the elf had already noticed that the orc had risen, and looked at him with a shocked expression, the tall man before him started to turn to see what the girl was peering at. Ogiratem had to think quickly, with this kind of armour, this guy had to be some kind of warrior, and although strong, Ogiratem couldn't fight succesfully with a REAL warrior, with a glance up and down of the warrior in front of him, Ogiratem raised one strong hand, placing it on the warriors shoulder, his hand closing like a vice, with his second hand he punched deeply into the warriors back, grabbing a huge handful of what he thought was flesh mixed with armour, he easily lifted the giant of the ground.

The monstrosity let out a furious scream down at his 'attacker' before Ogiratem smiled over at the elf, "Another lesson in battle little miss.....never attack from behind without finishing the job, because, when they wake up, they're REALLY angry...." Ogiratem made a snarl at the girl and then changed his grip on the 'warrior' he held so he gripped him by the heavy boots that he wore, Ogiratem charged, ploughing the ground as he ran at the girl, and with one fluid upward swing from the ground with his unorthadox weapon he clubbed the young elf heavily in the chest, lifting her off her feet, making a neat trajectory through the air before hittting the ground hard and bouncing, she landed again and finished with a slide, crumpling into a pile.

Ogiratem thought breifly as he finished his swipe...This guy is gonna be REAL pissed when i let him go.....so instead of letting him go, Ogiratem started to spin slowly on the ground, still holding the warrior by his boots, the pair became nothing more then a blur on the ground before Ogiratem threw the man high into the air over the large crowd that had appeared and begun fighting once again from somewhere......

With a quick paniced look he heard the body screaming profanities as he fell.....this wasn't going to turn out well

Comment

Adele writhed in agony as Ogiratem's grip upon her neck constricted further.

"Ah!! ...I'd much rather die then help you, ...you son-of-a..." He put more force against it, she almost feel into deep delirium screaming.

"Damn *******, the Gods shall surely smite you!" She groaned again, her voice passing merely as a breath. "You shall have to kill me, I won't conform, I won't! Do you hear me? Kill a woman and they will catch you. Then your mission fails. I will then laugh ominously as the Gods shall forever banish you to hell. Kill me, as I request it! You heartless wretch, do it!!"

She finally relaxed, with the little strength she had left, Adele pulled out a nasty looking dagger from her garter and thrust it towards his torso. The result of whether she hit him or not was unknown as she feel into unconsciousness.

ooc: She's stubborn. Simply the best trait, you can choose to dodge the dagger and kill her.

Comment

Jumping down off the last boulder of rubble, Bhren looks around from the foot of the broken gate. Some distance down the street he could make out four figures, one was was definitely Ogiratem throwing his weight around pummelling the others. Bhren stood there and shook his head, "Oggy is at again, slap a person here, throw a person waaaaaay over there."

Seeing the large man drag what seemed to be Adele into a side alley, Bhren started to run up the street to where the two had disappeared. On his run up the street, Bhren slid to a stop as a crack of lightning struck the ground releasing a roar of chilled wind. His eyes widen as saw men emerge from nowhere, "Mmmmm... i think i'll take the long way around" and with that he shot up the closest alley near him.

After a quick jog, Bhren came to the end of the alley where Ogiratem stood.

"Hey Oggy, miss me?.... Hey what are you doing to Adele..?"

Comment

Zanath danced a storm of death amoung the assasins and zombies flipping left and right his sword failing aroung in seeming disharmony but always finding their mark. Of course it was a different matter if they could be withdrawn from their mark and Zanath had already changed swords several times and was now weilding a small dirk and a flaming torch which he was waving wildly at the Zombies.
                                But then out of the blue the combatants surrounding him stepped back suddenly. Zanath straightened up and was about to start taunting them back when he noticed the shadow that had started to grow around him... he looked down... and then up. and was struck down by a large suite of armour that fell from the sky.
                                As Zanath pushed himself up from under the pile of armour he noticed that it was a rather familiar set, one that had been moving around on its own last time he saw it.
                                But as he always said dont take candy from strangers .... or was it dont look a gift horse in the mouth? anyway there was perfectly good armour lying stunned in the street. So Zanath reached down and grabbed one of the bracers and put it on his arm.
                                Suddenly the rest of the armour stood up and began glaring at him. Zanath looked down at his arm. and then back up at the armour. This was probably going to be unpleasant.

ooc : sorry sean but its just sooo easy!

Comment

Working...
                                X