The fall of civilisation.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooc>hope you don't mind if i join in.

a window suddenly burst inward, and Gibusu felt something rush past his ear. he turned his face away from the window to see a bullet hole in the wall.

the door burst inward and a heavily armored man that was built like a truck stepped in and started assembling a grenade launcher from a carring case.

even as he did this three more men came in. one wore a black wide brimmed hat, and a long trench coat, and was wielding two magnums (because every respectible mercenary squad needs an annoying neo-cowboy crackshot). the other two were thin, and wear military class armor, including helmet and visor. the two pulled out sub machineguns.

another bullet whizzed through what used to be the window.

ooc>if you diddn't like that then just ignore it.

Comment

Several hours had passed in this most uneven of battles, the giant lizard machine had no chance of even hitting the rapid movements of the alien. Many hours were spent with the creature trying to bite it without luck as the golden figure lazily struck off the monster's front limbs. Puppet effortlessly danced around the scorching laser blasts that radiated from the mech's eyes to humour it's handlers, but to add even more injury to the insult, it remained still for a few seconds as the beast loosed a rapid volley of pulse blasts. It soon became clear that no sparking lights were going to hurt him as they merely bounced off it's golden form, two wayward shots squarely reflecting back to the larger's eyes and disabling it's projectile weaponry. In a fit of rage, the reptilian flailed it's thunderous tail around the room, carelessly dispatching several empty crates that littered the walls of the room. In one such frenzied whip, the Puppet harmlessly jumped on to the elongated metal number, and hastily scaled it back up to the cerature's head. Quickly swapping his manipulation arms for his favoured spike limbs, Puppet quickly pointed them toward the center of the skull and fired the spikes off. The twin sidewinding implements, easily pierced the thick metal carapace and bore a hole through to the bottom of the mouth. The mechanic monstrosity was disabled and loped forward just before it collapsed in a large lump of useless but expensive metal. Retracting his arms that had stuck a good few inches into the floor, Puppet surveyed the wreckage. It would have taken an almighty amount of energy to power such a creation, it's power readings when it was online were almost on par with Puppet's own. Quickly recalling the mission at hand, Puppet wondered if they were siphoning the other Puppet's power to energize their own unreliable creations. Taking a glance back at the dead machine, Puppet decided that if this useless hulk was the best they had to offer, he would have no problems defeating anymore henchmen. A small doorway was the way to go, as it had been previously barred off by the wasted contraption. Changing back to his humanoid grip, Puppet snuck through and and clicked the door shut.

A long hallway, unhealthily adorned with vats of bio-rejects lay before the unwitting hero. As it strode own the unhallowed halls, it took the time to inspect each of the steel tombs that were filled with a green liquid, keeping the subject in an eternal stasis. Most of the subjects were human, many with faulty mechanical implants pasted onto them. Some of the more unsavoury subjects looked to have exploded from an oversurge of power, giving the victim a most unpleasant death. In the end, each tank was the same, filled with the sad story of the rejects of experimentation. The end was nigh, a pair of heavy metal doors quickly slid open, revealing more pitch darkness. Taking one last glimpse back at this nightmarish room, Puppet quickly left and entered the unknown.

The doors quickly closed and the dark ebbed at the center of the room. A cylinder holding tube, similar to the one Puppet arose from earlier, was given the spotlight. It's contents were shrouded by a thin layer of smoke. It's content liquids were a glacial blue, but deep within it's recesses was a dark outline, inorganic, a machine. Several wires hung from the roof of the cylinder and spiralled off in all direction, but as to where they went, no one could tell in the darkness. Timidly stepping up to the steel coffin, Puppet drew one of it's gold talons across the moist glass surface to divine what the prisoner was. As the fog was wiped away, Puppet recoiled at the sight. He was looking at himself...only silver coloured and unmoving. At that instant, the room lit up and from the four corners, four replicas had been created, charged with the task of keeping their energy source safe. These bronze machines were built in a design similar to the original, but their face masks depicted those of the weird ice skating humans with sticks, their limbs were akin of more murderous looking implements and their grav-orbs were heavily spiked in their unladen points. They each slowly advanced on the golden avenger who slowly turned to stare at each one in turn. This was not going to be as easy as the last fight, now we will really see how good these humans are!

Comment

Sylvannah peeked out from behind the corner she hid behind. "Oh why? ...my poor house." She stopped in her tracks as she thought the fighting had stopped. the fair-headed woman looked up and saw Gibusu standing with two men almost close to suffocating. "Hey, monkey-boy, I don't want the cops around here 'cause you want to kill a couple of guys. Let 'em go, surely they can tell us who sent them and why...or we'd threaten them, I'm sure." She smiled at Gibusu with a wink. Gibusu dropped the two men and they both collapsed in a heap gripping at their necks breathing slowly haunched over supporting themselves off the ground with their hands. Sylvannah flicked out the small pocket knife from her pocket and pulled up to one of the men as she roughly pulled up by the hair, he screamed in response and resisted her grip by pulling at her hand. She grinned openly and pulled the knife up to the man's neck. "Now, I hope you will be co operative, I don't have the time right now, you've almost demolished my house, and tried to kill us. I'm not happy. Infact, I'm in a VERY bad mood, now explain or do I have to throw you out that window there and kill you?"

Comment

ooc> a fight is the best way to introduce characters, i only did this because i was tired of waiting for a good entrance. also, besides the big one there were THREE other guys, two of them with military grade armor, helmets and SMG's and the other was the neo-cowboy with twin magnums.

ooc> i would type more but i have to go now.

Comment

ooc: ...Something must be done with this RP. So it's not as good as the other two, it shouldn't stay dead like this. It'll end up like "Role Play" dead for about 2-3 weeks, now without a character. Makes me sad. :(

BTW: SMG's are kinda gay machine guns, especially in close combat...darn Counterstrike.

Comment

ooc: Fine you don't want to reply, don't come back........

ic: With a smile Gibusu raised himself from the couch he sat on and walked over to Sylvannah, "Anyone would think you like dancing, babe?" he winked at her and took her hand while his tail reached out and flicked on the stereo, and this time instead of his Bassy tones that he was use to, smooth rythmetic tones pulsed from the large speakers that were placed on the walls.

Although the pair didn't notice it, as their hands touched, the pendant that Gibusu still had draped around his neck tightly, the gem pulsed quickly once with a dull green colour. This time as they started moving, they didn't burst instantly into the same fast pace that they did last time, this time there wasn't any need to test eachother's skill, they merely started out slow, moving in harmony with the soft, beautiful music.

The same feeling started to flow through Gibusu's vein's again, and the familiar smile spread accross his face again, without even thinking Gibusu let his head turn and move forwards as he closed his eyes, he just leaned on her this time, not feeling any need to put a great deal of effort or speed into this dance, and beside's he was still kinda tired from the last dance..........

:smokin:

Comment

ooc: Luke darlin', if you need any ideas about this one, I can help.

Sylvannah smirked somewhat, looking down at Gibusu as he leaned upon her. Then a large smile was let loose and she laughed softly. He looked rather cute as he was. "Well, I suppose I've learnt to like dancing because having a brillant partner makes the difference. Besides, anyone would think you liked me." She looked down at him smiling broadly. He shifted himself so to look up at her. "I'm not denying anything." He said revealing a funny grin. Ha, he's so blunt, I like that. She had no idea what he was feeling, though she wasn't really sure what she thought herself. Everytime she thought about the strange young man, her mind came to a block. His personality was contagious, for no matter how many times he annoyed her, he always made up for it. She couldn't stay angry at him, something rare in her case, being so angry at society and all...

Although Sylvannah was a rough character, she couldn't stop the not-so spiteful thoughts running strongly through her mind. They stormed on her like a vicious tornado and tore what she thought to be true from it. The fast-talking, seriously outspoken and agile male she held so closely to her made her think so strangely. Oh hell...I'm not liking him too, am I? ...No, no I'm not. Sighing loudly she pulled Gibusu out at arms length briefly stopping to break contact.. Her eyes widened at the pendant with a green incandescent light which beamed out suddenly, with such energetic force that Gibusu fell out of his trance and looked at his glowing chest concernly. Sylvannah thought hastily. "Wait! Don't let me go. I want to see what happens!" Still holding each others hands, the jade-coloured brilliance filled every inch of visible space, slowly generating itself into a sphere which encompassed the strange pair and slowing lifting them off. "What the...where are we going? Did you have something to do with this?" Sylvannah lashed at Gibusu giving him an accusing stare.

Comment

um, i realy hate doing this, but i think i will just have to 'drop out' of this one, at least temporarily.

btw, the reason that this rp is moving so slowly is bescause you rp'd a little bit too well. you delt with all the conflict already, as my drama teacher always says, 'conflict is what makes stories interesting'.

anyway, if this picks up a bit (read: when you two finaly leave the house) then i will join in again.

Comment

ooc: *Laughs* Hardly, it's only just started. You see, this is only the boring part of the story where no one really gives a damn what's going on. I don't really know what you mean by "RP-ing a little too well." I'm sorry if I sound really arrogant at all, but it's just that your entrance was a little unexpected. It's not that we don't welcome you at all, but just that the entry was let's say...a little hasty. And, yes if I think about it a little I'm finding it hard to make a good storyline here. However, I think I'm on to something! ;)

Comment

Gibusu although keeping a firm grip of Sylvannah in his strong hands paniced, looking around quickly and with darting eyes at the Orb that seemed to have burst out of the pendant that he wore around his neck, his eyes locked back on Sylvie as he heard her question, then a surprised burst of laughter forced its way out of his mouth, "You think 'I'M' doing this, its your dammed pendant! And what happened to, 'I want to see what happens'? Well look babe, its happening, and my guess is its too late to let go now, unless you wanna try your luck stepping through that?" His tail reached out and tapped on the silver Orb that surrounded them, and as it came in contact sparks flew up its length and he withdrew it, with a wince.

Gibusu looked down below his floating feet and scrunched his eyes trying to see through the barrier of the reflective bubble, his eyes widened and he looked up at Sylvie, "Hey babe, i doubt that we are in your house any more, unless someone has busted in and planted trees while you weren't lookin'." Gibusu narrowed his eyes at the blonde girl, "Ok then, this thing can do a little bit more then fuse people together can't it? Damned elves! They always have to be meddling with magic don't they! Can't they ever just leave anything alone!" Noticing the shocked look on her face, "Yes my dear, i know what elves are, you think they haven't figured out how to get around space? Well no, they've been annoying the Loridelie's for decades now! Bah!" although through his angry tones, his face showed one of worry and distress as he kept on looking wildly from side to side, but still remembering to keep a good grip on Sylvannah's hands....

Suddenly Gibusu felt a lurch as the Orb began to move, obviously it had moved before, but they hadn't felt it then, but this time there was a fast accelerating pull to it, and Gibusu was thrown forwards, the pendant around his neck flew forwards with him, and smacked into Sylvie's neck and then he followed it, pressing their neck together, with the pendant in between, his mind clicked after a second, and his eyes flew downwards in a panic, "Oh ****...."

Comment

"Hey, hey, you needn't swear monkey-boy...oh, damn..." Sylvannah's calm realisation that the pendant so small in size forced the pair into the most uncomfortable situations. "Prepare for fusion shall we? Wait, what am I saying? I'm going to hate this." The young woman prepared herself for the worst, nothing worse could possibly happen, could it? She suddenly relaxed holding Gibusu to steady him as he was forced upon her, almost chocking her. She brought him down to eye level she winked. "Looks like we're off on a ride, babe." She laughed at her own joke. Of course the two of them not quite used to the art of 'fusion' still managed to support each other through the traumatic experience again. The orb they resided in for that moment was almost pitch black, save for the slight transparency. Inside it, all sounds bounced off the walls like rubber echoing their voices, then a flash. That all to familiar violet blaze filled that orb which held them imprisoned, soaking them up with it. Though it wasn't as bright as Sylvannah had last remembered it. Of course she also waited for an instant of pain, which never came. Opening her eyes sharply when she felt it enough to be safe, she found herself levitating in mid air.

Once again she felt that intimate pull in her mind. Being fused again didn't exactly feel natural, though she didn't complain. It was nice to feel the agility of Gibusu's body run through her, fast and almost hyper. She smirked in the back of her mind, but sighed out loud. "I mentioned I didn't like this at all, didn't I?" Looking down as she control their body, she spun, still floating in a position that imitated lying on your chest with your head propped up with your elbows. The sight below her, she'd never seen before, her eyes largened with astonishment. "The world is very nice from above, wait, we aren't on the...same plane, or planet for that matter. There is something not quite right. It's too green for my taste."

Comment

As the fused body lay there in air, Gibusu heard it softly at first but then it got louder and more persistent, a ringing, whizzing noise that was quickly approaching, although when he looked around he saw nothing, the noise suddenly neared, and seemed to be upon them, but as soon as the sound got there, it sounded much like a very fast rushing of air, that was catching up as fast as it could, but as soon as it got there, Gibusu flailed madly as whatever was holding the body up in the air was brushed away and he fell.......

As he fell, Gibusu went into a deep chasm, two large walls on each side, and with a grunt he did the only thing that could save the body being turned into Salsa on impact, he spun the body quickly, steering the air with his tail, and kicked forwards with both feet as hard as he could. The body acted like a tennis ball, Gibusu steering the agile body with ease, flicking his body from side to side, easily pushing off the walls, his body slowing with each jarring movement, until he came to a rough landing on the ground, pushing both feet forward and sliding along the ground for about 25 metres, his long boots digging deep into the soft soil....

"Wasn't that fun babe?" just hearing that melodic voice coming out of his lips again made Gibusu smile, but he felt a surge of happiness flow with in his mind, and then Sylvannah used the mouth, "You saved us, your certainly more use to using this tail and all then i am...."

Then as Gibusu took in the scenic Valley that he had landed in, it made him gasp, the beauty of this place was breath taking! A long waterfall flowed to his side, sparkling, clear water seemed to spray out and touch his face, and groves of trees covered the ground, lush green grass rose to his ankles, Gibusu launched the body off the ground with a woot and landed smack bang in the middle of the large lake that flowed out from the bottom of the Water fall.

The water revitalised him as he swam sucking in long mouthfulls of the clean water and swallowing it, it tasted beautiful! Something he hadn't experienced since he was back home! But as he brought the body back to the surface and breathed in deeply, he heard something, coming from within the trees, it was singing, not ordinary singing, not only was this music some of the most beautiful he had ever heard, he wasn't even sure he heard it at first, surely nothing could be that wonderful! But then a second burst of the melody started but this time, accompanied with voices, and now they were moving, coming slowly closer through the trees, and still Gibusu just swam there mesmerized by the music.......

Comment

ooc> I've stepped out for awhile. Don't expect me back until Wednesday, or later. Carry on the stories as you will.

Sorry for any inconveniences.

Comment

ooc: Where are you going? This isn't because of what we talked about the other day is it?

Comment

ooc: *sighs* Let me play the day away, since I have so little in my life.

ic: Sylvannah though she had total control of the body felt totally at home at such an instant. The water around her felt nice against her skin. Then like the summer breeze rolling in from the sea, a melodic chorus rang out from the trees. Thrashing her mind like a bomb, it hit her. She recognised the song, she'd sung it to herself on those bad days, where she felt like life was falling to pieces. She felt Gibusu let himself loose, being attracted to the music, leaving her free to do as she pleased. She too though she wasn't enchanted by the flowing melody, she sang along too. Matching the pitch perfectly, lying back into the water. Singing letting out and hitting every note on cue, it occurred to her that she'd suddenly learned that this place was the origin of that very song. Leaving the song swim through her mind set her mind back into perspective. Eventually that heavenly chorus died into an eerie silence. Gibusu seemed to wake up back into reality. "What, was that? It was beautiful..." he said lazily. "I feel as if I'm being watched..." Sylvannah said scanning the area throughly.

"It's all too quiet here." She shivered beneath the water, which was strangely warm. A sharp cracking was heard close by, in reaction Sylvannah spun their body off to face where the noise was made. There, stood a tall figure, female in stature, with the same blond hair that the brash Sylvannah herself possessed, but was longer, much much longer.The clothes she wore were superior in make, white robes which dragged magestically to the ground. Sylvannah widened her eyes, overwhemled by her strange prescence. "Ah, so it appears, stranger, that you know the 'Song of Shadows'" She spoke. Sylvannah though she thought the words in her mind was unable to release them. the figure stood out proud, strong with a high presence. Sylvannah found herself finding it difficult to look her in the eye. "You are a stranger here, but you know the song, only one of this tribe knows that song, who are you?"

Comment

Working...
                                X