No announcement yet.

I need to draw attention. So come here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to draw attention. So come here.

Ok this ain't a what-to-buy question. Rather it is an info question.Well actually two questions.

One, when does the forum recognize me as a "member" and not a newbie? Is it based on time or how many replies I have submitted? Also can I customize my status?

Two, I want to be a computer wiz like some of you other guys, but how do I go about it. I already know how to put together systems and crap, but what about the real in-depth stuff. Your advice would be so helpful cuz I feel like a real dumbo sometimes.:hammer: Or maybe that is from this:

Chaos Chaos Chaos.......ok I am not a computer

To my knowledge after 100posts your status is member. As for pc knowledge, I learned alot just by reading online and Scott Muellers Building and Repairing PC's 11th edition. It gave me alot on the older P3 generation and all the way back to the original 8088's and 8086's

Comment

1- After you have posted 100 replies you will become a TweakTown Member. And no, you don't have the option to customize your title. However, if some of the moderators get togaether and want to reward someone with a customized title, it can be arranged.

2- All it takes is research and experience. Though I don't consider myself a guru or anything, I have been building and tweaking systems for several years now. That's all I do... share what I have seen while working on my own systems.

3- Moving this thread to the Beer Garden where I think it will be better received.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

How can I tell how many replies I have made?

Comment

I believe admins took away this option, not positive though

Comment

amd_man,

Are you really only 12?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos
              amd_man,

Are you really only 12?

Comment

cool, i am AMD_man's age... i think i am a beginner,,, and i wish i had the knowlege of WIGGO"s!!!!

well, back to reading my PC Upgrade books

Comment

I'm much like Darth in this area and almost 6yrs of building, modding, updating and the last few yrs repairing PC's have givin' me a lot of insight which I pass on where I can. ;)

Chaos ya can do a search on ya self by posts which will reveal the number that ya have (52 atm) and also a good read of this site, http://www.pcguide.com/topic.html, will give ya a fair idea of what goes on inside ya PC though some sections are a little dated but Charles does try to keep up as best he can with updates (but it's a big job).

Comment

Another thing. You can read until your eyes pop out of your head, but you still won't take a lot of it in. Best way to learn stuff is do it, which is easier said that done.

Comment

Thanx for the advice guys. You have already been helpful. Jeez!(chuckles)I didn't know there were so many youngsters like myself.

As for reading vs. doing, obviously the latter is more important. I won't tinker with my new machine too much or my older back-up machine, but I am looking around for older computers and parts that people are going to throw away. That way I can tinker with them.

wiggo, good advice concerning PCGuide. I actually just found that site yesterday. It has a lot of useful info, even though it is rather old.

Who else has any info about good sites, books, or anything that will help me become a computer wiz? Well fork it over cuz I need it.: peace2:

Chaos:cheers:

Comment

Ya may learn something from here also.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                          However, if some of the moderators get togaether and want to reward someone with a customized title, it can be arranged.
                          Pi$$ing them off can als cause that to happen. Just to be sure:
                          I LOVE MODERATORS.

BTW a gathering of moderators will probably look like this and their wives think they are working :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by smokin_pc
                            well, back to reading my PC Upgrade books
                            I do a lot of trial and error with old and new, and just screw around with it, and of course, I learn alot here from TT

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatu
                              BTW a gathering of moderators will probably look like this and their wives think they are working :laugh:
                              Yes.. my wife thinks I'm working. It's just a shame I don't know who she is yet.. :) or if we've even met... or if there is going to be one. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X