No announcement yet.

Where i live(the Isle of man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here those in the know use dingy too, but it usually is referring to a small boat that is carried/towed by a larger one for going to shore.

Zodiac refers to the brand and also to inflated rubber boats that the navy Seals hang out in, in all the commercials.

Besides that I think we generally just use boat, row boat, etc... Introducing the word rubber into just about anything is likely to make people keel over laughing.

The only other word we have for small boat in America is, "Probably not worth blowing up... probably..."

America... home of the expensive, obnoxious, and violent... gotta love it. :D

Comment

Comment

pronounce it??
        I'd have to study a bit before I could even type it correctly:laugh:

where's that list of ampersand commands:confused:
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:

Comment

Comment

Comment

You had an error there! : omg: The proper translation is

Tomi aiheutti vanhemmilleen huolta!

Maybe you should learn your sielf, before teaching to others. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BTW, I am in school (polytechinc to be exact) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Comment

wise ass.. :blah:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

This is going well now i know where two of my TT friends are at. And well done with the maps very professional.Shame about the language i can only speak norweigen, english , manx and very little french.:rolleyes: So whats the time difference between here and there. I'm on London time:D

Comment

The London time is the GMT time, right? :rolleyes: In Finland the time is GMT +2h. :bounce2:

Comment

Your most certainly right:D Not much time difference is there?:confused:

Comment

Comment

So where did you get the above map from. it not only shows the Isle of man it has the name on it:eek:

Comment

I just searched in google "map of finland". The whole map is here: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/europe/europe_ref02.jpg

Here is the homepage of that map center:

I was actually surprised too, due that island name. :D :D :D

Comment

Sweden is 1+ from London time. : peace2:

Comment

Working...
                                X