Show us ya desktop thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by minibubba
    asklepios, how do you like Mandrake? Been using Redhat for a little while now, but I'm thinking of giving it a try too.
    if i told you that i haven't logged in WindowsXP for last one week and don't think will be doing for another week...wat will be the impression that you will get ;)
    i installed and ran Mandrake 9.1, redhat 9.0 and slackware 9.0 for one week each but i stuck with Mandrake cos imo its the sweetest of the lot.
    infact i wanted to scrap this whole linux thing (because of the dependency problems i was getting in installing even a single software on my PC) till i got to the page dealing with urpmi (i have given links for it in Linux forums).
    since then i have all my dependencies issues solved and i can install everything at will. now i m giving more time on eye candy for my mandrake and i m really loving it :D
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

• Im switching to Mandrake in a few weeks, so ill probably be picking everyones brainswith questions.

Comment

• What is that Calander program i saw ct_ with? I think i was back towards the beggining of this post thread.. Is some kind of 3d background calander program.. I have been looking for it everywhere..

Whats it called?! I will post my background up when i get home today.. im at work right now..

Also, what does it take to become a non Tweaktown Newbie? I wanna be a regular member..ive been here for a while, and i post pretty regularly..

Comment

• Originally posted by mpetrie
          Also, what does it take to become a non Tweaktown Newbie? I wanna be a regular member..ive been here for a while, and i post pretty regularly..
          100 Posts past you will be TweakTown Member.

amd_man2003
          hope you like it. though don't forget to check out the links for urpmi or else you will be pretty annoyed in getting updates and other softwares...especially cos u have a slow connection like i do.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          =======================
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

• When you go over 100posts, you are a Member. Your at 19 ATM. plz dont spam to get 100.

Comment

• Thanks asklepios, I downloaded Mandrake last night... I'll probably install it tomorrow or this weekend. I guess I'll see how it stacks up to RedHat soon enough. Thanks for the heads up about urpmi, I'll be sure to check that out as well.

:cheers:

Comment

• i hope you will like it...if u need an install guide i can pass links to that too ;)
                Last Updated:
                10th MARCH

======================
                =======================
                yabaa dabaa doo...
                Customized for 1024x768

Comment

• lol, I don't need an install guide ...but I don't mind seeing other peoples ideas amd such. If you could PM me with the links I'd appreciate it :thumb:

*I'd post a screenshot of my desktop to get this back on track, but it still looks the same.. :)

Comment

• How do you attach an image? I tried to attach an image but when i previewed it, it never showed up. Do i need to attach a tag or something?

Comment

• just browse to the file by clicking on browse button and submit.
                      if you have the image hosted on a webserver then you will need to use img tags.
                      Last Updated:
                      10th MARCH

======================
                      =======================
                      yabaa dabaa doo...
                      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

• My Desktop. Im running StyleXP, eDonkey2000, Vshield, Winamp3 and CoolMon.

Sorry about the size, i fixed it.

Comment

• man cdn't you compress that image to jpg? :eek:
                          that is like 2.2MB of un-necessary download when you could do with a 100KB file. yeah it is 2.3 MB in whole.
                          Last Updated:
                          10th MARCH

======================
                          =======================
                          yabaa dabaa doo...
                          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

• Comment

• WTF is up with these people posting HUGE pics???

Come on people, there are those of us out here with dial up still that dont want to wait 20 effin minutes to down load your pic, shrink that thing down!!!!!

Comment

• Your time has come chez, to own whats rightfully yours......broadband.

Comment

Working...
                                X