Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying

Something strange is happening when I look at the forums

It keeps "poping" the forum page to the front. very annoying when I'm trying to type in other windows

(it did it three times while I was typing this)

http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

I was getting that with the Who's Online page when those pop-ups were connected with it but I havn't seen any of them around for a while now. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yeah, must be one of the embedded ads has an on-top thingy in the onload.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I get it all the time too, ****s me to tears.
        Rather rude too, since i have the 'prevent windows from stealing focus' option turned on.

...which is why it must 'pop' more than once to 'fool' that option.
        grrr

Comment

I've never encountered this problem, I assume that is because most of the advertisers were on my "restricted sites" list long before they were displayed on the forum pages.

Nice to know that the Internet Options is doing it's job well:thumb:
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I never seem to encounter that prob. not sure why, but I don't.

Comment

If you figure out what makes you immune, you can sell the secret to these guys;)

Comment

I must be doing something right as well as it never happens to me either, maybe because the majority of posting done is through my hotmail account :?:

Comment

I'm not having that problem and I live in here. :bounce2:

Comment

I tend to think that not being bothered by such things definitly is a factor in how much time I'm willing to spend here.

It's pretty much status quo for me to leave the forums at the last possible minute before I have to get to work:laugh:

But if Mr. Tweak were to add a few nuisances to the experience, I reckon he could save a nice bit of bandwidth:p

Comment

Must be an IE problem, LOL! Anyway, didn't see ya all for so long, eh? :D So how's everyone doin'? I was being held up by Neowin and SlipStreamX lately.

Comment

Webby, for the third time, we know neowin and SlipStreamX exist, but to be honest, no-one here give a flying f@#k. Understand?

Comment

That was a bit harsh:eek:

How long does it take to load a page at those places? Apparently months judging by Webby's abscense here:laugh:

Comment

LOL!

Stop the advertising already...we ain't goin there :P
                            At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

to click or not to click... that is the question.

i choose not to :p
                              TT Original

Comment

Working...
                              X